Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Admiral Ray posted:

I think it'd be a neat thing if they just used the kett slow boat method, or even the Andromeda Initiative's magic ODSY slow boat engines, and have us traveling around and seeing the world grow while we stay the same age.

Prolly won't be that though.

Aside from having much more life forms to interact with, the biggest issue with the colonies was not seeing worlds visibly change with the colonial presence like seeing ships fly around the planet or having your little not citadel grow on the outside. Yeah, things get a little bit more lively with outposts but that's it. Just a one time deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

ashpanash posted:

Also regarding Mac Walters being an idiot:
If biologics vs. synthetics is such a universal problem, why aren't there any synthetic intelligences in Andromeda? (The remnant are effectively VIs, not AIs)

So much could have been fixed if you actually had even the ruins of synthetic life that couldn't function without organics to either serve or wage war on to actually show A: Synthetic life was made more than maybe 3 times in the known universe and B: This scenario would actually go down like Terminator again and again and not specifically because C: Quarians are morons.

But I guess nothing really matters anymore because we'll just jettison all copies of Mass Effect into space - in a course straight for the heart of the sun.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I can't believe BioWare of all companies would prove anime right by showing that plot development really does come from boobs and butts!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I wonder if they could just make Jade Empire in space and make like a weird Chinese Star Wars instead of Modern Star Trek the game. It doesn't have to be current BioWare that does it either.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I can't keep track of all of these BioWares EA creates after it kills the last one and which part of the cycle we're currently in.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Its okay, everyone basically dies in Andromeda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Sad thing is I'll be writing that game and it'll be nothing but self mockery.