Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Torrannor posted:

Bringing in the Dragon Age guys might at least do the characters a lot of good, and gives me a bit of hope for Peebee. Remember in the Inquisition announcements where they said that Cassandra was a romantic at heart? Turns out that was true, but she is still an amazing character. ("Nothing should happen to her! She was falsely accused!") Same deal with Dorian, who was described as "dashing", but was actually pretty good as well. Not to mention that the overarching antagonist of Inquisition and Trespasser might just be the best antagonist that Bioware ever created (even before the Arishok, Jade Empire's villain, and Sovereign). So I'm just hoping that they bring some of the good things from the Dragon Age games over to Andromeda.

On the other hand, Sera is by far the worst character in any Bioware game. Yes, worse than Merrill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peer
Jan 17, 2004

I liked the Collectors a lot as an antagonist race and I'm glad Bioware apparently said they didn't all die at the end

peer
Jan 17, 2004

RELEASING CONTROL was the coolest part of the altogether great ME2 ending

note: I was a moron and assumed the Collector leader was "Harbinger" until that point

peer
Jan 17, 2004

BiohazrD posted:

there you go, they're the borg basically.

B-but Dragon Age is the franchise with a "Militant Islamic Borg" race, according to the lead writer. How can both franchises have this??!?

peer
Jan 17, 2004

I'm mildly excited about Andromeda because DA:I was a mostly okay game and I like the Mass Effect universe more than Dragon Age. I don't think Andromeda will be great but if it's Inquisition-level quality I'll be satisfied. I hope this is an acceptable opinion.

edit: vvv sorry :(

peer fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Nov 30, 2016

peer
Jan 17, 2004

JawKnee posted:

same but Claudia Black'll get me every time

Last time I expressed this opinion in a Bioware thread here I got accused of being the reason their games suck these days.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

Moola posted:

I actually cant remember much of what happens

I scrubbed that part of my brain away

I just remember act 1-2 being mediocre, then 3 being a train-wreck

A guy called Anders writes a bunch of manifestos about how oppressed he is, blows up a civic building full of innocents to trigger a war, and attempts to martyr himself for the cause.

Anyway, enough about the 2011 attacks. Something similar happens in DA2, I think.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

Michaellaneous posted:

They should have stopped ME3 with you and the admiral passing out because that was actually a touching moment instead of releasing that dogshit of an endingn

Any cliffhanger is better than ME3 starchild.

I wanted the game to end when Shepard is blacking out and a dude yells "SHEPARD!! NOTHING'S HAPPENING?!?" over the comms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peer
Jan 17, 2004

quote:

Though I didn’t play enough to experience a full romance, I liked both the beginnings and the end – yup, BioWare let me skip to one of the sexier scenes. Without spoiling it, I was delighted by how much choice I got even in that moment.
:redass: