Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I'm a sucker for these games. It scratches most of video game itches. Sci-Fi cover based RPG shooter? I've been wondering when the marketing machine would start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Sentinel Red posted:

Jinkies, that OG Mass Effect thread is gold. Greatest :psyduck: post so far:

"Is there any way to make Shephard a white guy? I've gone through every combination I can think of and I can make him any race/ethnicity/whatever other than a white guy. The closest I can get is a persian looking dude. It may sound stupid, but I have a really hard time getting into RPG's if I can't make the character look at least something like me."

Choose your character's background:

Sole Survivor
War Hero
Ruthless
Member of the Aryan Brotherhood

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Same here. I mean honestly, the story is the last thing on my mind with these games. I just want to go into outer space, get a team of aliens, get behind some cover and shoot other aliens. If it does that, I'll be happy.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I'm pretty sure that literally every PS4 game installs itself to the HDD.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

marshmallow creep posted:

If you buy a boxed pc copy it is confirmed that you have to download it from the internet. Not sure about console versions.

I haven't bought a boxed PC game in years. What's in the box, just a code?

As for PS4 games, the game is on the disc. It just copies it all to the HDD in addition to the inevitable zero day patch and whatever DLC goodies you get.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

ub posted:

Mass Effect games are p fun and I like playing them

C'mon man. If this thread has taught me anything you can't really enjoy Mass Effect unless you create the perfect waifu, try to get your character to gently caress every character in the game, while trying to get all the other characters to gently caress each other as well.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

i never played mass effect 3 but ive read so many bad things about it that if i played it now id probably like it. when u go into dragon age 2 new after hearing a ton of bad poo poo it really makes u appreciate the good stuff u find like telling anders hes a fuckinng loser

ME3 is great. .01% of the game (the ending) is bad but don't let that stop you from playing it.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Boy I sure am tired of all these Mass Effects.

What's the deal with all these masses? What are they affecting?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Just as a general rule of thumb how long does it take for a planets radiation to go down so I can collect everything? Is it on a timer or after I've done a certain number of other missions?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Has anyone had any trouble clearing the mine field on Voeld?

I cleared a few and then fast traveled to a drop point or whatever they're called. I drove back to the spot to resume clearing mines. I found one and blowing it caused a chain reaction and blew up a ton of them but I guess there's still some left. I also noticed when I returned I wasn't getting the beeping tone to indicate how close you are.

Anyone experience this? Any way to reset it or something?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

BrianWilly posted:

The medical supplies quest is bugged for me though. Can't click on any of the objectives, even though my objectives marker leads me right to them.

Did you go to all 3 spots. I noticed that when I picked up one it didn't remove the marker from my map.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

DO IT TO IT posted:

I don't understand how the mineral computer or whatever on the Nomad works? Is it just a way to loot nodes without getting out of the car? Maybe I just haven't hit a tutorial for it yet or something, I'm still very early - working on activating all the towers or whatever on Eos.

On your map you'll see an icon for mineral deposits. Drive to one and you'll see an indicator that says "Hey there's poo poo here." Turn on the mineral computer and drive around and you'll see those meters go up if there's poo poo near it. Hit a button and a mining thing drops down and you'll get resources. It's sorta like how it worked in ME3 when you'd scan a planet for resources.

edit: Also, how do I unlock fast travel on Eos?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Oh yeah, another question: Any fun biotic combos I should try out? I'm doing push/pull right now.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Lakbay posted:

SciFi Sudoku makes me miss the ME1 Hacking Minigame

Not gonna lie, I just googled the solutions. gently caress that noise.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Personal_Nirvana posted:

Game"s been out for some time, is there a consensus if the Open World aspect of the game improve or undermine the experince?

I don't know yet but it's not that bad. As you progress in exploring a planet you unlock fast travel points which also recharge everything and even change load outs.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Falken posted:

Yup. The game has straight up broken and I can't progress any further regardless of what I do.

Can you reload a previous save? Like maybe one from an hour or two before? It sucks to have to re-do stuff, but better than the alternative.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Slim Killington posted:

If there is one, I sure as poo poo can't find it. I've been trashing everything I'm not wearing.

You can spend a cryo point or whatever on more inventory space.

edit: Also the combat finally starting clicking with me last night. Fighting that giant flying monster thing on Voeld finally got me used to dashing around and swapping abilities and poo poo like that. Really enjoying it now.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I accidentally flirted with Gil the engineer and now he's been sending me a constant stream of poetry via email.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Mar 24, 2017

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Ooops. I didn't realize the autocorrect change. "Started" is funnier though.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

So I've got what may be a weird bug, or maybe I'm doing something wrong. I don't know.

I'm trying to craft the Pathfinder Pioneer assault rifle (I think that's the name). I'm trying to do one of the better ones like mk. IV or whatever.

Whenever I go to craft it, it only will craft the mk. 1 no matter what. Like I can select mk. IV, hit the craft button and it says "You want to make the mk I ?" I made the gun to test, and sure enough it was the mk. 1. Any idea why? Am I doing something wrong?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Ramadu posted:

so im so far enjoying this dumb idiot game and more than anything im mad cause i am not getting all the weird graphics bugs you guys are. just some bad hair and addison is bad. maybe because im playing on the ps4?

so anyway, what are some of the really broken weapon/skill combos because i am on normal and die all the loving time and while yes i am bad at video games i also got a dang handicap with my hands cause they dont work good and i just wanna kill all the dang aliens in andromeda and wipe it clean for Good and Just Milky Way life. Can you guys point me to how to do this best?

thanks, god bless

Try Annihilation + push. Get stuff to increase combo detonation damage and biotic radius. Pop annihilation, run into a group of dudes, push one, and watch them all explode and get flung around the map.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Decius posted:

Mabye? Because stuff like this

or this

or this

are super common for me on PC

I'm on PS4 and the biggest bug I've seen are NPCs invisible during conversations or their audible dialog isn't playing, so I just have to go by the subtitles.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Zzulu posted:

where are yall getting so many mods

like where the heck do i find a +35% dmg mod

Go to your Research poo poo and you will see it at some point. When you craft a mod, you get one, and from there on out, they have a chance to drop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

SubponticatePoster posted:

Apropos of nothing, the bartender at the Vortex gave me a drink and I fell on the floor and woke up face down on the stage. Lucky Leprechaun, indeed.

That happened to me too. I wasn't sure if that drink triggered it or the fact I had 3 drinks in a row.