Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
We may not get Reapers but I hope we get Leviathans. Or whatever the alien race that created the Reapers was called.

also it's impossible not to read "The Reapers" in Mark Meer's voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Doc Morbid posted:

Either that or Bolo Santosi from Just Cause 2. "De Ree-pahs".

I don't remember a single thing about that game that wasn't grappling cars to helicopters and going ham.

edit: don't get me wrong, they're good memories.

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Nov 10, 2016

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

ME1 is a pretty cool and different experience if you play it on PC with M&KB and using cover like it's ME2/3. also if you do make sure you pick up that HD textures pack to make it look better than ME3.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I like that Peebee has the black war stripe that I put on like every custom character possible, I also like how the Turian party member wears a scouter again.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Esroc posted:

It's not there on my end. It's certainly possible somethings wrong and I'm getting worked up over a simple glitch. But from where I'm sitting there are no tabs, no options, absolutely nothing I can select to access the cheaper editions and even using search to specifically bring up all the different editions in the search window just redirects me to Super Deluxe when I select standard or even "regular" deluxe. Doesn't matter though, getting it through Amazon worked just fine.

Do you have a vpn/ublock origin, I had tons if issues with using either of these and using the ff14 launcher, maybe it's the same for origin?

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

My only hopes for this game is that you can get poo poo faced at a bar again in typical ME fashion complete with bad alcohol physics and a shotglass not quite in your hand.

The other is that I hope they kept the galaxy map music.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

So if I do this early access thing on the 15th or 16th or whenever it is, does that effectively mean I can preload earlier than the 19th? Also what's the deal? like you can play for 10 hours then you get locked out?

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Aces! honestly my internet is garbage and I don't really mind paying 5 bux to assure the game will be preloaded by time it releases.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Are we still talking about tw3? Of coarse we are this is the tw3 thread after all. Personally I really dug the crones and the bloody baron but I started to significantly care less after that.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

The Kett look like texture swapped Protheans.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Guys worried about renegade prompts, Paragon/Renegade system may be gone but "renegade" rear end in a top hat prompts are still in.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Number Ten Cocks posted:

The calls for euthanasia were a cry for help.

Example?

Well on uh the ice planet place where you save that female, whatever Jaal is, you fight a Kett wizard guy, and there's a prompt to kill him. Also there are a couple others Ive seen which were more like smart-rear end interrupts.

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Mar 21, 2017

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Link what? I played the game and it happened.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I'm glad I'm not the only one with a 1070 getting poor performance, poo poo drops to like 20fps sometimes in conversations it's unbelievable, I can max out Witcher 3 at 2k and get 55-60 fps.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

AngryBooch posted:

Dude, I was experimenting last night and I still got framedrops and hitches in Andromeda with Shadows, Textures, and Lighting on High at loving 720. This game is garbage technically right now.

literally everything at low at 1080p still got me drops while talking to suvi on the tempest to like 40fps

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Lollerich posted:

Here you go, worked for me, also using a 1070 (1440p)

Also this:

isn't 4 ultra? anyway I'll give it a shot.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Lollerich posted:

Here you go, worked for me, also using a 1070 (1440p)

Also this:

what exactly does this do for you? for me it just kinda made everything run worse, also I didn't have an option for tessellation. nice to turn off motion blur anyway.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Bobulus posted:

My suspicion is that the game is using the CPU a lot more heavily than older games. I've got a decent CPU (i5 7500) and an older GPU (GTX 760) and have good framerates on high settings.

(I am getting a lot of crashes in conversations, though. It doesn't slow down, it just flat out crashes. Need to play with settings and figure out how to avoid that)

I have an i5 4690k oc'd to 4.5ghz, also my theory for your crashing is playing on anything above medium is gonna try to use more than that 2gb Vram you have.

Edit: Also I tried playing with my CPU overclocked to 4.5ghz and normalclocked to 3.9ghz and saw absolutely no difference at equal settings in Andromeda.

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Mar 29, 2017

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I agree that vetra is just okay, and I can't really speak for the other companions but I did her's and Cora's loyalty mission and Cora's was by far the better of the 2, poo poo Cora's was better than a lot of mq stuff.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Bobulus posted:

Well, I got nothing, then. Sorry, just a thought.

I've got one of the 4gb vram models, fwiw. It's just surprising to me that the dropoff is so sudden. I go from perfectly good fps in conversations to suddenly dead. No laggy inbetween, you know? And not a single crash when I'm out in the world.

Still, yeah, I'll try turning it down and seeing it helps.

well I appreciate the thought, I had the same theory that's why I OC'd to begin with. tbh overclocking has literally never been worth it for me except on my q6600 core 4 quad for ps2 emulation.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Kylra posted:

An augment for when you run out of ammo it instantly refills the gun for 5% of your health put on the super high damage single shot per clip sniper rifle.

I don't know if this gets past the regular refire delay though.

holy poo poo it refills your entire ammo stock? I thought it was gonna be on a per shot basis.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Lollerich posted:

I get 60+ fps constantly. (1440p on GTX 1070)

that sucks I definitely don't get that, I mean i get 60 fps basically everywhere that isn't the tempest or galaxy map, I ended up just setting everything back to what I had them but making shadows 4 in that config file and they look a ton better.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

gmq posted:

Check your CPU temps, I was getting awful framerates until I figured out my computer was like 5 degrees away from exploding.

No way 43. I think it's just one of those things with there being so much different hardware out there.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

So level 6 weapons started dropping, but I can only Develop up to level 5, did I miss some upgrade along the way or is this just something dumb?

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Did anyone ever figure out a solution for the whole alt-tabbing-changes-from-full-screen-to-windowed-until-you-change-it-in-settings thing that popped up with the last patch?

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Turbl posted:

I have not and it's super annoying but Alt+Enter works to pop it back into fullscreen without going into the menu.

drat really? That was like the first thing I tried but just tried again and for some reason it only works with the left alt key not the right, maybe my alt key is busted. Thanks

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Your dad has the pathfinder armor not the N7 armor, even though it says N7 also.

Edit: :goonsay:

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

chaosapiant posted:

I enjoyed planet scanning in ME2/3. :(

I remember being sorta disappointed that 3 dumbed it down to just finding poo poo occasionally, loved grabbing something to eat and just cruising around mining planets and reading about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Arcsquad12 posted:

And probing Uranus.

The worst part about planet scanning in 3 is that the planet descriptions all suck. In 1 and especially in 2 you got these neat blurbs about each planet, like the ice moon that was used for an award winning film, or all of the descriptions in the Krogan DMZ. In 3 they're boring because they only talk about how the reapers are attacking them.

yeah they kinda did, they were all just reaper aftermath news iirc, still lightyears better than andromeda's which the majority ended up being "terrestrial/gaseous planet with or without remnants of a mystery civilization, tempurature is: _ weather is:_ atmosphere is:_.