Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Slate Action posted:

Never un-bookmarking the old thread

Remember to ignore the early exit polls

Guaranteed someone has a meltdown when Kentucky closes at 7PM and ohmygod Trump is ahead you guys! :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Night10194 posted:

Didn't the pope (kinda indirectly) say 'We don't like men who build walls'?

I like saints that weren't martyred, all right?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I ran 10 fast miles this morning and barely even felt it, thank you election day anxiety.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

logikv9 posted:

The Trump Thread was so large that it made a significant impact on the usability and performance of the Something Awful forums

good job trump thread

I liked how opening up the pagelist froze my computer in tyool 2016.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Despite nobody ever being able to definitively prove that Hillary Clinton was the devil, I voted for the H-dawg in a liberal northeastern state that doesn't matter.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Geoff Zahn posted:

Is there a real chance of Hillary getting Texas or should I sell my PredictIt shares and buy booze

It would be extremely unlikely unless she got absurd turnout in the cities.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Alter Ego posted:

We're accepting the maxim that massive turnout is really good news for Democrats, right?

Higher overall turnout generally helps Democrats yes, since they tend to be ~lower propensity~ voters. It all depends on how that turnout is shaping up demographically.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

Steve Schale is REALLLLL confident about Florida going Hillary:

http://steveschale.com/

and if she wins Florida, she is president

There's a lot to feel good about in Florida, the most important probably being that Hispanic turnout in EV was at 15.3% and might hit 16% when all is said and done. Even the most generous voter models were predicting ~14%.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

A few days ago, "low propensity" No Party Affiliation voters were 42% nonwhite.

Florida is only 28% nonwhite

basically, new voters were WAYYYY more minorities than they should be in the state.

insulting hispanics was a bad move, donny

I think Hillary will do well in Florida but I don't think it will be an early call. Somewhat selflishly I want early calls on eastern states so that I know how much I should be drinking.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Joementum posted:

i love municipal incompetence too

Just look at all these enthusiastic men and women who are probably getting threatened by their bosses to come back to work, Jimmy!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Dinkins posted:

Can anyone let me know how demos look in NC? Is it still 50/50 or likely Hillary at this point?

It will probably be one of the closest states in the country in either direction.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Broward County is like 40% minority btw.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

*that scene from the first spider-man where new yorkers are pelting the green goblin w/ trash, except it's donald trump*

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

GobiasIndustries posted:

Guys I wonder if Donald Trump will release his tax returns today?

Personally I'm just hoping he gets started on Hillary.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

they're literally eating people its hosed up

really not surprising they voted in Actual Cannibal Harry Reid twenty years in a row.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Joementum posted:

trump's going to win Rhode Island, the worst state

https://twitter.com/asamjulian/status/796023097379917825

WPRO is the local right-wing talk channel here in RI. This morning John DiPietro laying down a very convincing argument how Trump could win the state, which Obama only won by 27.5% in 2012. Apparently nobody he knew or talked to was voting for Hillary. Anything can happen!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Mons Hubris posted:

Ah pan con tomate, the classic Catalan dish we know and love

Wait that's pizza? gently caress you

It's known as "bakery pizza" in Rhode Island and it's served like you would a cracker and cheese plate at luncheons. Actual pizza is also in abundance.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Nate Silver in, "Trending Down."

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I'm sorry rhode island but you're the state that takes its coffee in loving syrup form.

coffee syrup is just a dessert thing, RI has the most coffee shops of any state per capita!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

I find that incredibly unlikely to be the case, given the transit strike.

There is none.

Also you people who don't live in eastern cities need to stop conjecturing about transit strikes. PEOPLE ARE USED TO WALKING EVERYWHERE. poo poo IS BROKEN DOWN ALL THE TIME.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Abel Wingnut posted:

yo, general question

why do people believe early voters split dem and then on e-day split republican? that...doesn't make sense to me. like why are we expecting less of the same pattern today?

Past histories of EV that are specific to each state.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

lmao Frank Luntz has no loving idea what's going on

Frank "my undecided focus group says Trump won the debates 2-1!" Luntz.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

Any leaks about the atmosphere in either campaign?

If Trump wins it'll come as no greater shock than to the Trump campaign itself.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I want to believe.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

:confused: Reports on turnout are pretty good, esp. Hamilton

Reports = some post by a random goon saying he didn't have to wait too long to vote in OH

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Lemming posted:

When do we start getting numbers, any numbers, I need it

You can see Indiana get called for Trump as early as 6:30pm!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Tom Guycot posted:

lol its breathtaking how quickly trump is laying the ground work to fight all the results and never concede this early in the day.

It's a good thing he will lose by way more than 6 EVs, and also more votes in NV than whatever he wants "quarantined."

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

That was only a taste of tonight's cobbing.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

americong posted:

what network is optimal for meltdown viewing in your opinion

I always watch the elections on BBC for that sense of British ironic detachment but CNN will be the most nutso imho.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Montasque posted:

Hannity says the first wave of exit polls were 'not to the media's liking' and had a cocky little laugh.

He says he saw them but he can't talk about them, then hinted that it looks WAY better for Trump than people thought.

Hannity just now: "THE OLD REPUBLICAN ORDER IS DEAD!"

Hannity is going to argue that Trump not getting completely blown out in the EC means that Trumpism is the New Order of the GOP, coming soon to a television network near you in Q2 2017.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

RocktheCaulk posted:

Florida is pretty much :abuela: right?

It's looking very positive for Clinton, although it's still not likely to be an early call.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Slate Action posted:

If the Dems somehow keep Iowa despite earlier giving up on it...I will be very happy.

Truth be told they do have some wiggle room. If Clinton's at a +6 or a +7 nationally they could pull it off.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Night10194 posted:

Is Hillsborough Dem or Rep as a County?

Is turnout there good or bad.

I do not know Florida.

It's a belleweather county that just went to Obama in 2012.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Alter Ego posted:

I don't know if these two facts are good or bad :confused:

Cuyahoga is Cleveland right? Can they get to 70% in 4 hours?

It's unlikely if Clinton could win OH without turning out more votes in Cuyahoga, but it could be super close in either direction.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Corny posted:

I have to wonder if Cuyahoga county is going to pick up at this point, if it doesn't...Ohio is going to be wire thin. I still think she wins it in this case, but it might be a Florida in 2012 situation where it gets called a few days later

As opposed to Florida this year, which will get called as soon as polls close :getin:

Keep in mind these totals don't tell us much about voter demographics or how they're splitting their votes. I think OH is probably my most optimistic Clinton win if she has a really good night overall. But it will be close, closer even than maybe NC.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Good news...for Trump!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

WarMECH posted:

lol if anyone thinks FL will be called before 1am

Forgive them, for this is but their first woke election.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

triple sulk posted:

duval is hilariously repub normally right

It went Romney +4.7% in 2012. Romney, as you recall, did not win Florida.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Trump dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

First presidential debate: Sept 26th.

• Locked thread