Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Laura Ingraham just opened her segment by predicting a LSU national championship.

She says Trump's winning PA and Nevada. This is a movement! Laura's hearing from a lot of middle aged people who have never voted. True American heroes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

ErIog posted:

Lol, Trump's gonna win Catholics.. right.. gotcha..

you fuckers are high

"He's a strong guy." "He's keeps that stuff private."

Yeah, Trump, so religious. "Grab them by the pussy." "They let you do it." walking in on 15 year olds while they're changing and loving bragging about it

He did an interview with Raymond Arroyo on EWTN so now all Catholics are for him.

Because that's how American Catholics work.

They all know EWTN is a thing.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Matthews: Hillary has two speeches, does Trump?
Kellyanne: Mr Trump is prepared to speak appropriately on the results as he sees them.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just discovered my cable company provides a channel where I can view up to 9 channels at once.

I guess I'm set.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

MSNBC reporting an active shooter in Cali.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My cable and internet went out for five minutes and I just about had a panic attack.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fox has like 20 states called including DC for Trump.

Th gently caress?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

corn on the cop posted:

are you sure you're not looking at the 8:00 poll closings map

That would make way more sense but there was a little check next to Trump's name.

gently caress if I know. I'm half drunk on 126 proof Bookers.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

change my name posted:

Can't believe the lack of bourbon in this thread.

Bookers acceptable?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Like, I'm fully preparing myself for the Republicans to repeal Obamacare and not replace it with anything, a bunch of people to lose healthcare or have their costs skyrocket, for the Republicans to claim its on Obama for nebulous reasons, and then for all those people to yell at me that Obama is trying to kill them.

I need to take back up drinking but that poo poo's expensive.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't understand why they don't just have the good sense to say "lets wait until after MLK day to all attack John Lewis for saying a pretty mild form of the same poo poo half the country has been saying for months."

Oh right... now I remember. Not a bug.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

a helpful bear posted:

So that's a coat from her line of clothes, right? This is just her showing off her weird coat so that people go "WHAT IS THAT? WHERE DID SHE GET IT?"

I can't buy that as a coat. I'm kind of assuming that she was dressed in some functional work outfit that maybe had stains on it or something because she has a newborn but she's a Trump so she couldn't be photographed looking like a normal human being and didn't have the time/desire to get done up, so out comes the robe.

That seems to pass the right degree of narcissism in a real world sense.

That or she was just in the office shower or that's actually the living room of the penthouse suite or some absurd luxurious thing for Wednesday afternoon.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

mannerup posted:

https://twitter.com/reidepstein/status/821834481774399488
the little victories

inaugural license plate collectors rejoice

Am I right in reading that article as "Trump's business tried to scam a few more pennies out of people by selling their own license plate but the people who care enough to buy them were upset they weren't real"? Because if so that's another friendly reminder that the next President of the United States has never seen a mark too small to pass up on scamming.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Nichael posted:

Seriously though, why does MSNBC have a mini-Fox News hour at 6 PM? Even from a profit perspective, it makes no sense for your brand to shift so dramatically for an hour every day, then shift back just as dramatically.

I thought it was very odd until I realized she was replacing With All Due Respect. After that my reaction has been "well, I guess I can't say its worse until I see it. Maybe Greta's less bad off Fox News?"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Montasque posted:

https://twitter.com/_Makada_/status/821802725788762113

Pizzagate is still a thing and a real news channel had this segment.

I completely missed Pizzagate and had no idea was this a thing, so is there a reason that weather man went from "secret coded pedophile pizza" to just a random switch to DePodesta with no apparent link? Because the Hastert thing is laughable but also seems to have nothing to do with the Pizza stuff.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Nichael posted:

She's not even bad, it's just milquetoast right wing stuff. I'm not, for example, offended by anything on there. It's just an odd choice to me because it doesn't seem to make business sense.

I mean, I guess they weren't killing any ratings and they got completely boxed out of the entire Republican primary without like 1 desperate appearance from Rick Santorum being teh only time any of the Republican candidates would talk to any of them. So maybe they just felt like they needed to change it up and try and open the net a little?

I don't know. But honestly, its not like MSNBC didn't have its share of Republicanism already. Its got three hours of it to start the day and Halperin was kind of indistinguishable a lot of the time. And the last year has been the election coverage with a ton of conservatives around teh channel.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

tadashi posted:

I think Trump really wants Mike to like him.

Trump wants EVERY ONE to like him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The President of the United States on the first day of his presidency went in front of the CIA and talked about how famous he is and attempting to gaslight the nation of how many people in attendance.

God drat, I'm going to fall off the wagon.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

What are the odds that the Republicans just cash in, impeach him in the first six months, and go with President Pence. That seems like a win-win for them at least until the mid terms.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Radio Paranoia posted:

I'll be incredibly interested to see what could eventually take Trump down. He's had so much poo poo thrown at him and nothing seems to stick or make his crowd of cronies raise their eyebrows at all.

What is going to be more powerful than Russian prostitute piss?

I mean, its one thing to make accusations in the media and watch him just call them lies and move past them. Its another thing to empower a prosecutor to investigate one of those many lawsuits and cases we always hear about. I don't know how easy it would be to pin a crime on Trump, but I know that no one with the power of Congress has tried yet.

But I'm mostly just talking out my rear end to keep from drinking. As if "President Pence" is any better. All the same institutional damage but with the feeling of abject terror.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Annual Prophet posted:

highlights? id describe just about any trump speech that way but from the reactions this one seems to have been even further from reality than the typical delusional ranting

I didn't watch it all but I think it was kind of typical Trump Crazy but you know, now he's the President of the United States doing it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Brown Moses posted:

He sounds like he's gone a little bit crazier than normal here

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/822905373493297152

Jesus. He's already at "God is personally intervening to bless me." He's going to be leading missile parades and dedicated statues of himself by summer.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"Dishonest media. I know at least 40 million people who told me they watched on TV and were blown away."

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

UV_Catastrophe posted:

i'll bet he's going to say there were over a million people at the inauguration and all claims to the contrary are because of the lying press

Then he'll casually mention that he's thinking about nuking China before spending 5 minutes talking about how God intervened to make sure he only hit green lights on the ride here.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I wonder if there's someone in the White House currently having a panic attack screaming "WHAT HAVE WE DONE?!" Veep style.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Winkie01 posted:

Am I the only one thinking Pence might somehow be worse?

Like, in all the really logical and sane ways that you'd think about politics before Trump, yes, Pence is way worse.

But like, Pence probably wouldn't be a puppet of Putin or drop a nuke on people or start trade wars or do any number of other insane poo poo that Trump has a non-zero chance of doing.

Pence is the epitome of everything hosed up about modern Conservatism, but Trump is just the terrifying dread of knowing that the President is an actual crazy person.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Pollyanna posted:

if he was trying to kiss CIA rear end he accomplished the absolute opposite

Hasn't Trump proven by now that he's incapable of kissing ANYONE's rear end or talking about anything without just making it about himself?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

UV_Catastrophe posted:

pence also doesn't have a fanatical cult of facists behind him to the extent that trump does

I mean, that one's debatable. Its not Pence's cult but there's a whole Christian Right ready to follow anyone who believes the poo poo Pence does.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Ape of Naples posted:

It wouldn't happen but I'd love the press to just start walking out.

You know, for all Trump talks poo poo about the media and gets off on denying them, I wonder what he'd do if they just were like "gently caress you" and walked. Would that just flip the narcissism and force him to chase them down for attention?

I mean, its a silly question since the media isn't walking out on a White House Press Briefing. But I wonder what would happen if America started negging Trump.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

anime was right posted:

he loves the attention so probably

the issue is hes still easy ratings

Well, that and the most powerful person in the world.

I'm fighting an anxiety attack...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Radio Paranoia posted:

Walk out or no, I honestly expect him to try this.

Yeah, I was actually talking to someone today who said Trump could turn into Putin and I argued that the US is a far ways off from Russia, but like stuff to watch out for would be Trump tossing the media out of the White House and talking exclusively to his tool outlets, because that's Putin/fascist as gently caress, totally doable, and he's already made clear overtures to it.

That and the general crackdown on protesting and dissent that we've seen in these 10 year charges or those clumsy "cops can kill protestors" bills.

You know, basic free speech poo poo.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Ape of Naples posted:

It legit wouldn't surprise me if Trump scheduled a press release then canceled it last minute just to gently caress with people.

He's probably just disorganized as gently caress.

Trump speeches for the last year were all an average of 90 minutes late. Trump won't make the trains run on time.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

DrPossum posted:

the journalists I know are a bit tougher than that

this is a thing to worry about but our countries are very different. our other branches are still things to worry about, but they're set up in a much better way to oppose that than russia. We're going to have to see if a critical mass of Americans cares and can get things to matter again

Sure, sure, that was my point. Like we had just watched a documentary on Putin and she was scared that Trump and Ivanka and Kushner could be this dynasty of evil despots like Putin. And my argument was basically that while Ivanka may or may not have a future in politics and could well be a fascist genius we're different countries with different systems and different realities. But then I named the media and protesting stuff as things that could really be done fairly easily to start to break down the fabric of what separates us from a country like Russia because if there's any chance of her fears coming true it will happen incrementally.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

jarofpiss posted:

"15 minutes, spicer zipped his nutsack up in his fly and we have a team trying to get it free right now."

The world united in abject terror at what we've done.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yep. Its a White House Press Briefing about the media lying about crowd size.

Jesus loving christ.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

jarofpiss posted:

what are the chances that the delay was spicer arguing with trump backstage like "really you are gonna make me go out and read this?"

Spicer's always seemed like a true Trumpette but there had to be SOMEONE back there saying "no, this loving crazy" and with some basic common sense.

Like, Ivanka has always seemed competent. Someone like her had to be saying "do you really want the first White House Press Briefing to be a 5 minute tantrum about Twitter and crowd size?"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yinlock posted:

ivanka can't even stop her father, and he wants to gently caress her really badly

plus she's secretly just as terrible so

I didn't say she was a good person. She just didn't seem to inherit her dad's total lack of a filter or basic social awareness. Which is a lot of why people think she's the good one.

That and she's hot and we men think with our dicks.

What I just said.
I
I
I
V

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jan 22, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Covok posted:

So, how are the deplorables taking this display? Feeling its some amazing pwning of the media? How long will Trump supporters be cool with this?

They 100% believe that its true and that CNN is showing fake pictures of random fields and lying about the greatest inauguration in US history.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

DryGoods posted:

Oh, Ivanka is too disciplined to let Papa Trump get away with all of this. I'm sure her strong moral backbone will win the day!

Ivanka was finalizing Japanese business deal at time of Trump, Abe meeting: report
Available to the Highest Bidder: Coffee With Ivanka Trump
Will Ivanka Trump's China-Made Clothing Line Survive Her Dad's Trade War?

Wait, she's blonde and pretty, this doesn't make sense. Have you checked all those sources?!?

Jesus, I think she's an evil woman who is totally accountable for all the poo poo her dad has said and done that she's been either involved with, defended, or condoned by not speaking out against it. She's evil. gently caress Ivanka Trump to Hell.

I just named her as someone who isn't as thin skinned and crazy as Donald to represent the random person I assumed MUST be involved to try and fight the crazy. I genuinely wish I had named anyone else but she was the only person in the Trump Administration I could think of it who seemed even half way sane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Radio Paranoia posted:

I think she's smart enough to not get involved, and that's far more worrying than the flailing, orange manbaby that is President of the United States.

Right. The evil person who (a) has the basic sense to not make an rear end out of herself in public and (b) disarms people with her looks is way scarier in the aggregate.

But she can't nuke anyone at the moment.

• Locked thread