Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

My body is ready, as is my shitposting station.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Hey, I did the math and RBG has a 71% chance of living to the 2020 inauguration!

Ah, so exactly the probability that Nate Silver gave Clinton in his final projection.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

alternatively whoever oversees nasa for a moon base.

From the spaceflight thread:

Okan170 posted:

I'm not sure if anyones noticed this yet, but Trump's space guy is none other than former NASA Administrator Michael Griffin.

The guy who pushed Ares 1 to the exclusion of all else, and wouldn't budge on changing up from "Apollo on Steroids" and arguably did more lasting damage to the agency than anyone before him buy beating down that path.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Tiler Kiwi posted:

as was

Scott

loving

Adams

To his credit, he's only being moderately insufferable instead of completely insufferable.

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/152955248046/i-answer-your-questions-about-predicting-president

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Sooo.... Zach 2020?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Darkman Fanpage posted:

lmao who am i kidding trump is definitely gonna let russia take some baltic states

He's willing to give up Baltic as long as he gets to keep either Park Place or Boardwalk.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

The Dilbert guy seems to have taken a quick break from gloating about his Trump prediction, but then thought better of it. The dilbert.com frontpage has a link to a blog post called "Evolution and Reality", but it 404s. I wonder what was there? Google cache to the rescue!

Scott Adams posted:

Evolution and Reality

Posted November 15th, 2016 @ 9:36am in #Trump

Today I’m going to ask you to read this article that explains how evolution almost guarantees you are living in an illusion. I’m mentioned in the article.

If you think my Trump predictions were good, wait until you see what happens when science finally confesses what it has known for a long time – that history is created by current observations. In other words, we live in an illusion. I made that prediction in my book, The Dilbert Future, in 1997. But I wrote it so poorly that it looked like I was saying evolution isn’t scientifically valid. So I’ll restate my views better here:

My view is that if reality exists much the way we perceive it, then science is a real and valid way to understand our world, and evolution is a scientific fact. (In the field of science, the word “theory” means proven.)

But if reality is not what we perceive it to be, then evolution is probably an illusion just like everything else we think is true. My prediction is that we will soon come to understand that reality is not what we perceive it to be – not even close.

The linked article is on a site that proclaims on its header that it's "Serving the Intelligent Design community".

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

crazy cloud posted:

First off as forum psychohistorian, no

Second even if ur gonna play my game, Dilbertman predicted Trump (for dumb and bad reasons, but he did so nonetheless) but Holographic Hari Seldon did not say poo poo about the Mule, that's the Mules whole thing

You do have to twist things a bit to fit Foundation to reality. For example, who the heck is represented by Arcadia Darell, the fourteen-year-old girl who has to desperately flee from the powerful old man who desired her inappropriately?

...Oh. :smith:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Serf posted:

like what reason do I have not to just quit my job, live for as long as I can off my savings and enjoy myself and then just see what happens

"Now, I don't pretend to tell you how to find happiness and love when every day is just a struggle to survive, but I do insist that you do survive, because the days and the years ahead are worth living for. One day, soon, Man is going to be able to harness incredible energies, maybe even the atom. Energies that could ultimately hurl us to other worlds in some sort of spaceship. And the men that reach out into space will be able to find ways to feed the hungry millions of the world and to cure their diseases. They will be able to find a way to give each man hope and a common future. And those are the days worth living for." -Edith Keeler, 1930

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

crazy cloud posted:

also if u get banned from twitter u get banned from the USA in real life, sorry milo

Deport all the twitter bots! They're taking our valuable shitposting jobs

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

:rip: Christopher Walken.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

mannerup posted:

mattis, secdef, was 98-1

Sessions will (somehow) be 88-14

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Zokari posted:

nazis arent people

But corporations are, my friend

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

I choose to believe that the red spot on the pencil box is actually the button that launches the nukes.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

deadwing posted:

I'm the fireworks that have been going off in my community for the past hour :negative:

No it's okay, that's just gunfire.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

L_Harrison posted:

While watching Pacific Rim, there was a quick cut of Obama in the beginning during the reel of news about the kaiju outbreak, and it made me think...

There will be movies showing a President Donald Trump, and it'll be played completely straight.

It truns out we're actually all living in a low-budget dystopian sci-fi movie from 1993.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Her Dryer posted:

She's not into politics and we're not American so she doesn't give a gently caress

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/822502887477673984

Welp, that didn't last long even by Trump standards

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Fallen Hamprince posted:

can't wait for Maher 2020

Maher/Miller vs. Franken/Baldwin would be interesting to watch

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

So that means THREE people at the ball have seen Donald naked.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

its just that he said he'd do something about obamacare on day 1, so he's trying to do something.

Didn't he also say he'd start the wall and the mass deportations on day one?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

"We're not talking about the balls."

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

"Mr. President, please, we don't need that much backing! Stop backing us! No means no, Mr. President!"

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

"I have a great transition team of amazing people. They were playing all these political games and wouldn't get me the guy I wanted for this position."
"..."
"Should I have put a few more sentences between those? Nah, it's fine."

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

"My 'feud' with the intelligence community? Made up by the dishonest media. Ignore all those times I literally said you people have no clue what you're doing and Iraq was all your fault."

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

"I have great respect for Doctor Martin..."

Coded skinhead dogwhistle for Doc Martens? I'm just asking questions people...

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Yinlock posted:

also for everyone's convenience, I've made a list of the words donald said about the sacrifices of the fallen in front of their memorial:

Now now, he said it was a special wall and stuff. Donald likes walls, after all.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

a.lo posted:

aha!aaa day 2

Day 2 of 1461

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

mannerup posted:

the primary never ended

"Don't you understand? The primary NEVER ends."

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

"entered a lottery to attend the speech" what the fuuuuuuuuuuu[snip]

That's the least weird thing about it. There are like a billion people working there and only so much space at the event.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Look at the bright side. As long as he stays obsessed with this, he isn't turning his attention to stuff that matters.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Chokes McGee posted:

yes he can leave that to the insane lineup of sociopaths he put in major positions of policy power

Admiral Ray posted:

trump knows how to delegate, don't worry. we'll still get our institutions gutted by his sycophants.

Al-Saqr posted:

The problem is that he's the distraction and Paul Ryan and the GOP are the actual actors, Donald trump can wail as much as he likes but Paul Ryan is 100% focused on killing poor people.

All right, fine, the actual bright side is that we'll all be taken by the sweet embrace of death someday, you happy now?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Winkie01 posted:

Am I the only one thinking Pence might somehow be worse?

Pence would be more effective at promoting evil but he's a lot less likely to accidentally end the world.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

DrPossum posted:

the photshop guy isn't done wiht the pictures yet

* Bannon furiously googles "clone stamp tool howto" *

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

* Barron cries as he is forced to google "clone stamp tool howto" *

He's great at the cyber.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

What are you talking about? That's a packed crowd. There's 1.2 million reporters there. That's more reporters than have ever come to a press briefing before. It's the dishonest media, and we just caught them!

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

triple sulk posted:

snl will probably be real good tonight

i get why some people don't like aziz but i like him and loved parks and rec :shobon:

At first I thought it said Anousheh Ansari and was kind of confused why she'd be hosting SNL.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Dude at the far left (in profile) is getting visibly impatient.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

And that's fifteen minutes since they said ten more minutes, after the five-minute warning, which was forty-five minutes late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

I...

Is this real? This is actually happening?

Really?

Don't know whether to laugh or cry here.

• Locked thread