Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
speng31b
May 8, 2010

No, Trump absolutely will be President for all Americans, you just have to remember that he views the President as an authoritarian position. Being "everyone's President" means telling everyone what to do, and having them obey.

It helps to remember the interviews early on where he claimed he would order the military to target and kill civilians. When told they wouldn't obey this order, because it was illegal, Trump's response was basically a shocked "...no, they HAVe to. I'm the President."

speng31b fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Nov 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Seems like every outgoing president gets attacked on golf.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Hot drat, that's quite some article. That's like a "screenshot before they take it down" sort of thing, isn't it?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Updating LinkedIn to serial-killer entrepreneur as we speak, someone endorse me for it.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

It won't matter if he deleted it after taking office because the press that he's going to continue to alienate and gently caress over will be all over that poo poo. And with no other candidate to draw their centrist focus, it's all Trump... even the lovely media "reductively present all two things equal" won't help.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

I think we can revise "things don't matter" to "things matter less than we thought, especially when there's literally anything else going on to draw attention to." After inauguration day it's all Trump, though.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Jazerus posted:

maybe the republicans are just playing along until he gets into office so they can impeach him and install pence

somebody's thinking about it anyway

boy would folks be upset

This would never happen. Trump is the devil's bargain they made to stay in power, if they don't kiss his ring and swear fealty he can wreck them. The irony is, despite defeating Hillary, Trump is still far better equipped to quickly and completely ruin any given conservative politician than Dems on an individual basis. They absolutely cannot oppose him.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Matoi Ryuko posted:

2024 goons: I'll reserve the IP address

2036 goons: I'll swear bloodfealty to the Chief Patriarchy Officer of TimeComWarnerWikiCastAT&T-Mobile for the privilege of dribbling my content down His Majestic Gloriousness's dataful pipelines.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Uhhhhhhhhh

How should I feel that I made a trump supporter mad enough that he made a google doc trying to refute my dislike of trump

idk how to feel about this

like I feel kinda embarrassed for him that he went through that effort to try to get me to see the truth that trump is good...

A google doc is kind of a weird format for a rebuttal but it's not hard to make one.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Hmm really makes you think.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Covok posted:

I wonder if this leads to him putting Hillary on trial out of spite.

I hope he does. I have a hard time thinking of anything he could do to discredit himself more fully.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

"The only legitimate part of the election is the part that I won."

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

lol once the news trickles up that minorities are buying guns in huge droves and likely organizing to defend themselves, gun control will get rammed through

Trump truly is the next Reagan

Nah I think it's more in the R style to introduce some kind of gerrymandering-based gun control. They'll carve up the whole U.S. into districts and make sure that statistically only R voters can get guns.

^^^ Yeah man!

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Fidel Castronaut posted:

trump will own the supreme court by the time such a law would reach them.

If there's one thing Supreme Court justices love doing it's proving that noone owns them. Their lovely opinions are their own.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Fidel Castronaut posted:

maybe i'm being too apocalyptic but i don't know if trump's scotus appointees will follow any previous logic about scotus justices. Maybe we get nominees ushered in who make Harriet Miers look super qualified.

Possible they'll try, but it's still a Roberts court legacy etc and I'm pretty sure he'll snap anyone who fucks with that in half Dolph Lundgren style, with all due decorum.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Vladimir Putin posted:

He's not even the loving president yet so this claim of being gracious and not prosecuting her while the recount is underway makes absolutely no sense.

It makes more sense when you remember in his life he's surrounded himself with yes-men corporate lawyers whose entire jobs are to tell him he can sue whoever he wants for anything, with the knowledge that 99% of the time he'll forget about it within a day. I'm guessing he thinks the Justice Dept is basically the same thing.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

He does realize that the recounts would take those millions of illegal votes off the board and give him the popular, right?

The implication is that all the fraud is in California. Noone's proposing a recount in California.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Justin Tyme posted:

With the thinly veiled threat at prosecuting his political opponent, hypothetically speaking, what would be the "last straw" that would have people take up arms against a Trump government?

He could try using eminent domain to take private land away from people in Texas to build his border wall. I think that would be the most hilarious hill for him to die on.

speng31b fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Nov 28, 2016

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

looking forward to the eventual battle between the Eastern United Commonwealth and the Western American Republic fought over the no-mans-land that was once the midwest and bible belt

I think you mean the Republic of Texas.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

CortezFantastic posted:

the media is going to have to learn to pound on the big stories and ignore the little ones, he is going to continue to use his Twitter account to distract even during his presidency

it's gonna be loving surreal

The media as it exists today is incapable of such learnings, we need new media.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

which is nominally what its name was; in contemporary times (2144 AD) it's just a white people version of somalia

I was thinking more like It's Always Sunny in PostApocalyptica

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Internet Webguy posted:

"today trump embezzled the entire social security fund saying, quote, 'we won't be needing that', in other news, trump tweeted out a nasty one about the queen of england. youll never guess where he accused her of having spider webs, after the break"

"Today Trump wobbled out of Fort Knox, his oversized suit bulging oddly with gold bars. When questioned, he responded, 'Why didn't they stop me? These are people with - they have decades of experience. They've been doing this their whole lives. They could have stopped me!'"

speng31b
May 8, 2010

logikv9 posted:

the new californian republic will ride into battle with tesla-built tanks

If they fire their weapons they explode. They come equipped with an autopilot mode that immediately veers into ditches or other tanks. New model always due out ETA 1yr.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Counterpoint: Silicon Valley is like 15 years from being a pack of Peter Thiels and placing hope in them is a bad idea.

Silicon Valley is already beyond this, most of the baddies are just more into privacy then a Thiel type.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

KiteAuraan posted:

Bush already pulled that poo poo, won, is still loved by those cattle-loving, oil guzzling idiots in that shithead state. So yeah.

Bush was a well loved good ole boy cowboy boot wearing Texas governor. Trump's a billionaire Yankee who's in the process of pissing off his own base by reneging on most of his promises before inauguration day. We'll see. I don't see that working out well for Trump.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Yinlock posted:

that's true, this may have been the first time trump has ever actually succeeded at something

and it was something he didn't actually want

Let's be clear, the thing he's succeeded at is putting himself in a position to fail more spectacularly than he ever might have otherwise.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Hillary 2020 posted:

Trump can't really fail in the base's eyes because they were listening to his intent not his actual words.

Sure but just to be clear the context for that chain of quotes was comparing Bush to Trump in terms of their ability to use eminent domain to take land from rural Texans without arousing ire, so I'm sticking with that.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Nichael posted:

But then again, I also said Hillary Clinton would almost certainly be president so who the gently caress knows.

This may be an unpopular opinion right now but I think as time goes on the "all bets are off" takeaway here is going to dissolve. The rules still exist, they're just not the rules we thought. And I'll probably live to regret saying this, but I do think that Donald Trump being an unstable lunatic will make him an unpopular and ineffective president out of the gate.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

There will be no impeachment proceedings against Trump. Pence can puppet the no-puppet no puppet you're the puppet just fine as VP why would anyone put their neck out to impeach and just get what already exists. If they play their cards right they can get 16 yrs of Pence. For the first 8 they just have a real dumb figurehead that seems to have a disapproval floor and is essentially immune to all controversy.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Fidel Castronaut posted:

What makes you think, given all that has happened, that Pence is capable of controlling Trump in the slightest?

Because Trump doesn't want to be president? He doesn't want to do the day-to-day job of being president. He wants Pence to do that. He doesn't have to "control" Trump, just play nice with his ego and then do the job. Trump will say things that contradict what Pence does, but ultimately Pence will still do those things and noone will care.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

nationalists... unite?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

cumshitter posted:

"What are your qualifications?"

"Well uh, I, uh, I retweeted the best pepe memes that were sent to @realdonaldtrump."

So I guess now is the part where we all die, huh.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

AEMINAL posted:

the end truly is near

it's already here if you're reading this now you weren't raptured, better luck next time

speng31b
May 8, 2010

gently caress this orderly transition bullshit and Obama's civility. Noone likes or wants Trump as president, he can't put together a government and this is going to end badly.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Modus Pwnens posted:

Like they're the definition of every-issue-has-two-valid-sides neoliberal trash.

Yes there is some of that, but the local affiliates are excellent and the podcasts are amazing.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Von Sloneker posted:

haha "Donald Trump, suck a dick" -- Madonna

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Nonsense posted:

The media is going to make this all about Madonna now aren't they?

Yes and trump will have his first presidential meltdown because madonna told him to suck a dyiickk

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Concerned Citizen posted:

trump is going to invade iraq again god bless

You misspelled iran

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Fidel Castronaut posted:

They are in a bad place. Impeaching a republican president is an admission that your party is a mess but if Trump starts unpopular wars and fucks the economy, then republicans are going to have to distance themselves like they did with Bush if they want to stay in office.

If you're really cynical, they could just be gambling that whatever he does to gently caress the country won't "kick in" its full effects til the next inevitable dem term, and left will take the brunt of the fallout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

He's going to do the same thing to the presidency that he did to the primaries, frontload all the insane poo poo until it becomes white noise and then he can do anything and then noone will care

• Locked thread