Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
The media pretty much entirely downplaying Bannon's position. Meanwhile the left is still busy fighting itself and trying to prove who was right/wrong.

Accelerationists won. We are in the darkest timeline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Test

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

The dem establishment isn't going to do poo poo

They sat on their asses for 8 years and didn't do anything to help those with stagnant wages and insecure jobs due to globalization/automation

Trump is just going to ignore the March and then it will be forgotten by next week

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

The Democratic Party is in shambles and they have no loving clue where to go from here

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/01/democrats-trump-administration-wilderness-comeback-revival-214650

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

paranoid randroid posted:

well good thing the country is well stocked with useless moaning dolts like you to provide a constant greek choir of white noise over any attempt to do anything

IT MATTERS IT DEFINITELY MATTERS WHEN THEY GO LOW WE GO HIGH!!!! YEAH REPUBLICANS CONTROL THE HOUSE SENATE AND THE PRESIDENCY BUT OUR PEACEFUL CELEBRITY FILLED MARCHES DEFINITELY MATTER!!

Oh what's that you mean the democrat establishment is almost certainly going to run another bought and paid for centrist in 2020 and hand trump back the White House??

barry drones brown people for his entire presidency and tells us we should be happy with our 8 dollar min wage jobs?? lmao... gently caress outta here!

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Fallen Hamprince posted:

obama supports a 10 minimum wage increase

watch out folks we got a low information voter over here

ahyes...a half hearted attempt taken near the end of his term thank you barry !!

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Hodgepodge posted:

Warren and the one dude who points out that free college is both doable and something people actually grok are the only ones I would consider pissing on if they were on fire.

Although Donald at least has that covered.

I mean it took a completely out of left field candidate like Bernie for something like free college to even register in the minds of the dem establishment

If it wasn't for Bernie Hillary would have never had "make college debt free" as part of her campaign

These people have little desire to make meaningful change.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Prettz posted:

I think it's time to talk about how there's now a religious belief among 100% of republican voters that holds that there isn't any such thing as, and there cannot be any such thing as knowable facts, objective evidence, or observable reality. It's not the fringe voters or "the base" anymore. It's every single one, and it's now a fervently held religious belief. No one's doing this just out of convenience anymore.

People need to start talking about this fact, and start talking about how do you deal with it.

They are only doing that out of hate for anything they see as liberal propaganda. Facts that paint their dear leader in a bad light are part of that

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Prettz posted:

This has nothing to do with the new religion, however. Shutting down all the TV news stations will not remove this deeply-held belief among half the population.

Correct

The only thing that would work is the breaking up of the US

Republicans have only shifted further and further right over the years. "Education" "discourse" "reason" "facts" none of those work because they see the left as the enemy.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Prettz posted:

No. You ignored what I actually said.

The belief that's taken root now is that there is no such thing as facts, period. No one is able to know anything about the world. What happened in even very recent history is unknown, and can only be speculated on.

Oh well you're wrong

They believe in plenty of facts, just the ones that they get from Fox News/breibart/drudge report etc

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I'm guessing you don't live in a red state, but to say that 100% of republicans are onboard with Trump or the federal government right now is patently false. I live in deep red Kansas and there are a lot of people who proudly proclaim themselves to be moderates or RINOs and work to keep the evangelicals out of public schools and fight against crazy laws like letting college students open carry on campus. I won't argue that by and large the Republican Party is very conservative and likely to get worse, but there are elements of it (at least at my state level) who are trying to hold back the crazy

Those elements have lost and they're still losing badly. What was considered the "fringe" wing of the GOP back in the 90s and 00s have pretty much taken over the party. These right wing extremists are being voted in

You think any republicans in Washington are going to oppose trump and his cabinet of crazy? They're all going to fall in line

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

UV_Catastrophe posted:

lol even if dems take back the whole government in 2020 or 2024, we still won't make any progress because ~30% of the country completely beholden to right wing media

they'll come back into power eventually, it'll only be a matter of time

the US is hosed imo

30% is being optimistic imo

But yes we're not going to make any progress because the parties and ideologies have become so divided

The US is hosed unless we peacefully break up the nation before things get too bad

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Apraxin posted:

Reince got some actual hostile questioning on Fox(!) this morning from Chris Wallace, and super-duper doubled down:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikZJ5nnd7fM

Trump Speaks Only Truth, the Only Truth is That Which Trump Speaks

Lol look at this loving snake

We have 4 years, if we're lucky, of republican yes men doing this. Covering and openly lying for dear leader

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Just finished watching that chuck vs kellyanne bit

Lol this woman has no soul

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Does anybody have that picture of Baghdad Bob giving the press conference on crowd sizes?

Also I just found out the Brits called him Comical Ali, which is way better. wtf America.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

https://twitter.com/sadderdre/status/823139505108553728

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

FAUXTON posted:

I've realized it's way healthier to just not give a poo poo about politics anymore beyond lol trump. Like hahaha the world gone and thich quang duc'd itself but I'm a straight white male property owner who works in finance basically the only demographic who hasn't had to fight for any rights ever and I'm pretty insulated from most of this bullshit until the cleansing nuclear fire comes. Who the hell am I to fight against the will of the world to just cede elections to insane people over and over. Folks were on to something with nothing mattering unless it was perfection.

ed balls

hmmm *strokes chins*

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

FAUXTON posted:

I've realized it's way healthier to just not give a poo poo about politics anymore beyond lol trump. Like hahaha the world gone and thich quang duc'd itself but I'm a straight white male property owner who works in finance basically the only demographic who hasn't had to fight for any rights ever and I'm pretty insulated from most of this bullshit until the cleansing nuclear fire comes. Who the hell am I to fight against the will of the world to just cede elections to insane people over and over. Folks were on to something with nothing mattering unless it was perfection.

ed balls

I was accused of being one of those "nothing matters" clowns but I am not even remotely like this guy here

I have not given up just mad at the current state of the dem party

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

lmfao

Being able to mindlessly spin poo poo: all that's needed to impress liberal elites

The Ol Spicy Keychain fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jan 23, 2017

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

JUST LISTEN TO THE TAPE GUY

EAT THE TAPE

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Wow that Aetna stuff

Eat the rich

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Pollyanna posted:

What aetna stuff

https://twitter.com/bobjherman/status/823603560378200064

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

deleted

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

https://twitter.com/nbcnewshealth/status/823665146333642756

Imagine if those protesters started targeting the 1%. The people who lobby nonstop for all the awful poo poo that's about to get passed under this GOP government

It would be cool and good imo but liberals are afraid of tackling class

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

dippin dots

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I should move to Cali now so I'll be a Cali citizen ahead of calexit

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Nichael posted:

I didn't read all of this yet, and frankly I'm not sure if I want to read it (as it's pretty depressing) but here's an article about how our capitalist overlords are prepping their Vault Tech vaults.

it's me

i'm the liberal who is scared shitless to admit that the ideological divisions in the US have grown irreparable and that the game of "democrats take a few steps forward and then republicans come in and undo everything" can last forever

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Yinlock posted:

gently caress going back to 20th century style, leverage the idea of Trump Style Politics properly and you could improve things depending on how universally loathed he gets

basically get it to the point where Trump is synonymous with insane failure

he's doing his best so far

someone tell this guy about kansas

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

:smugjones:

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

https://twitter.com/liamstack/status/823755924728926208

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

New Mark Blyth (and Margaret Weir) video that everyone should watch

https://youtu.be/vGiHiZyKuAE

Almost an hour long but drat good.

It really can't be overstated just how badly liberals hosed up. The economic progressive causes that leftists were supposed to be pushing have been picked up by far right parties worldwide and mixed with with all the predictable and despicable far right bullshit. It doesn't matter if they're lying about it (like Trump and the GOP) because people are so tired of the establishment neoliberal policies that they're willing to vote for the guy lying to them.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

paranoid randroid posted:

full disclosure im like thirty seconds from going full unironic calexit today

I'm from the EC and I've gone full unironic calexit :mrgw: I'll be migrating to the glorious country of california soon

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

http://m.theweek.com/speedreads/675338/kellyanne-conway-received-death-threats-reportedly-secret-service-detail

Conway has been getting death threats it seems :911:

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

The dem establishment has abandoned the people full civil war 2 now

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

HorseRenoir posted:

Morale is everything. The Republicans have been successful since 2008 because their voters have been more enthusiastic than Dems, and thus were better organized and had higher turnout in downballot election. Things are markedly different now and the most important thing is to raise Dem morale and demoralize Trump's supporters. Taking away his mandate and hammering that narrative that he is illegitmate and hated by the public is an important step in achieving this

Dems have no morale because they've failed to realize that we're in the middle of a possibly existential cultural war in the US

As someone else said the other day, dem leaders still think of republicans as their colleagues. Republicans think of and treat Dems as their enemies

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

HorseRenoir posted:

The Tea Party started four months into Obama's presidency and stopped his agenda in under two years. The Women's March happened two days into Trump's presidency and had 10x the attendance of the initial Tea Party protests.

But we couldn't stop Trump immediately on day one so we might as well go home and give up, I guess

You're forgetting one crucial fact

The tea party had very large support within the GOP. The GOP used every bit of that momentum to their advantage

Will dem leaders stand up for the people and be as aggressive and persevering as people want them to be?

I hope so

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Nonsense posted:

Elizabeth Warren might lose to Curt Schilling.

Schilling? The piece of poo poo who stole tens of millions from Rhode Island tax payers and then immediately ran his video game company into the ground? :shepicide:

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Here's the thing, if there's a legit civil war 2 then conservatives are going to win without any effort

Liberals have willingly disarmed themselves and shunned military/law enforcement positions

Meanwhile conservatives have infected all level of military and police. Those institutions are hugely conservative. The military is practically r/the_donald they worship trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

triple sulk posted:

I'd consider going to Chicago if some legit poo poo starts to go down and mass protest occurs

I'd be there in hours

One because I have family living on the south side and two because there is nothing more glorious than getting shot to death while fighting fascists :whitewater:

• Locked thread