Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

I don't remember who originally posted this, but I just came across it again in my downloads folder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

logikv9 posted:

The Trump Thread was so large that it made a significant impact on the usability and performance of the Something Awful forums

good job trump thread
The forum itself got tired of so much winning

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

sejoonki posted:

Hey sorry if I missed something earlier, but how do you know +2? Is there a site I can go to watch obsessively throughout the day?

I'm also in NOVA at a polling station and a little nervous about how few people there are coming through. In 2012 there were big lines. I'll try not to stress too much but was really hoping Trump would get CRUSHED up here. This is a diverse area and I'm mostly seeing white olds...

Beef-Stew means they and whoever they were with voted for Clinton, so +2 votes in her vote total, not how the overall vote is shaping up.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

brocretin posted:

my stupid-rear end super liberal township had a 'town question' on whether the 2nd amendment should exist

lol one of my Chicago area budies (OP) had the same question, what is even the point of that?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Mr. Nice! posted:

This was certainly posted but its good enough to get reposted a million times.

https://twitter.com/WallStCynic/status/796029968602034177/photo/1

It won't happen, but the best possible outcome is that his precinct ends up only showing 1 vote for Trump so that he'll know for sure his own wife didn't even vote for him.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

TyrantWD posted:

The little snippets of what's going on in swing states doesn't look too good at the moment. Computer glitch causing delays in a heavily Democratic NC county, and Cleveland seemed quiet. GOP are oddly bullish on Michigan too, and some twitter reports mention a spike in white voter turnout in the state.

this gimmick is bad

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Joementum posted:

Electioneering laws applied to apparel are also dumb.

https://twitter.com/federman_adam/status/796041222141906945
seems like it'd be a really gigantic loophole if it didn't apply to apparel

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

nice

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Fiction posted:

Stand behind labor instead of making your VP milquetoast right-to-work guy

how many white working-class voters are even union members these days versus decidedly anti-union?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

nm

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Apparently my cable package doesn't include msnbc so I'm rocking regular nbc, gently caress CNN forever not watching that garbage channel

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

What's the difference between too close and too early

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Ross pulled ahead by a decent amount in nc

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Drinking some bell's white winter ale

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

I've tried to hold it off, but I'm arzying incredibly hard right now

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

God loving drat it what is happening

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

What the gently caress.

What

The

gently caress

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Casimir Radon posted:

Didn't throw up but my hands were clammy all last night and I barely slept. My hopes for a better future are dashed and I'm a straight white guy. There's people with a lot more to lose than me, so while I can't really imagine what they're going through I don't see how this can get any worse.

Same. My wife was literally in tears this morning. I've honestly never felt worse physically or emotionally.

We're going to try to figure out what we can do to make this lovely planet a slightly better place over the next week or so. Can't lay down in defeat.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Pillowpants posted:

I hate them but I at least "get" Sessions and Flynn. What qualifications does Pompeo have? I see nothing indicating "CIA Director."

ALso, I'm getting "Grand Administration" vibes.

Yeah, this. Aside from serving on one of the many Benghazi committees, he doesn't even seem to have done anything national security-related in Congress.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

zen death robot posted:

What the hell?

-me, reacting to the latest news every morning since 11/8

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Schnorkles posted:

the reality is that the democrats weren't in particularly great shape in 2008 in the states [though they were holding on in some dixiecrat legislatures] and had just managed to wrest back control from a "permanent GOP" majority in the senate/house.

No modern president leaves the downticket in as good a shape as when s/he leaves as when they got there, and Obama was particularly bad for it.

These are problems that can be fixed with coherent effort as the opposition party.

thank you for helping me anti-arzy a bit, things sure look like poo poo right now!

ed:it balls

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

euphronius posted:

Blatchford is where he explicitly ignores the text of the 11th amendment and made up language he liked better

He also signed onto Shelby "What 15th Amendment?" County, which gutted the VRA.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Neurolimal posted:

Nothing about him really screams "sociopath" instead of "oblivious rich dickhead"

I mean for one, hes hilariously social, idk if trump could handle going a day without at least checking twitter to see what people are saying about him, he wants money first but still puts fame and adoration second

Uh I Don't think you know what sociopath means

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Just imagine Trump and his Twitter during the Cuban missile crisis

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Nichael posted:

Air Force One is one of the most advanced planes on the planet, and a nation kind of needs to keep its leader alive. I don't really see the problem.

What's funnier (and what will happen because this is 2016) is if Clinton loses more faithless electors than Trump.

This man is human loving garbage. I don't know much about Ryan, what was his upbringing like? Did he come from money?

He came from growing up on social security because his dad died, ultimate example of pulling the ladder up once you've climbed out of the hole

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Serf posted:

*extremely Republican voice*

so what we're gonna do is not provide jobs and not provide welfare and we're also gonna not give you medical care or senior care while also not feeding your kids. This will allow you to truly be free and you won't have any handouts keeping you from achieving your dreams!

being free from living, the ultimate freedom

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Louisgod posted:

I keep reading instances where people are spinning Trump being elected into a good thing in that liberals et al were getting "too comfortable" with making progress with social rights, environmental rights, women's rights etc. and now that we're in an uncomfortable spot it'll push more people into action as it's a reminder that there's a lot of work to do.

Except that now there are literal pieces of poo poo at the highest offices in the country calling the shots and it's looking more and more likely that any progress made over the last.. oh I don't know, 50 years is going to be undone.

"heighten the contradictions" morons have always been morons

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Atrocious Joe posted:

Lol what

Who's pro for profit ed

let me introduce you to the "school choice" movement, the new Sec. of Ed. (though she's more pro-religious indoctrination schools), and all of the Republicans who bitched and moaned when Obama's Dept. of Ed. put in rules to limit to flow of federal dollars to all of the lovely for-profit colleges!

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

I know there are more important things, but I'll be loving livid if the idiot plan to get rid of our national parks that some congressmen have by "turning them over to the states" to be sold off and exploited gains traction

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Yinlock posted:

how good are national parks for property value next to them? because that's what it's going to boil down to

eh not very, most of them are pretty remote

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Fidel Castronaut posted:

he was a surprisingly good debate moderator.

Yes and no, IMO. Ran the debate the best, but the questions themselves and particularly the phrasing of the issues were titled towards standard Republican talking points.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

rapidly oscillating between just laughing at the absurdity of all of this and being inconsolably angry

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

this is exactly why he wanted to be President, so that important people were forced to pay attention to him

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

as long as it's not bird law

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

lol Obama

so what did it become instead? stop trying to justifying the way you responded because it turns out that it was extremely stupid and harmful

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

he is trying to say "gently caress the press, you idiots ran with this garbage" without saying

e: okay a little more explicit there, and some good nervous laughter from the press corps

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Yeah, he's totally throwing them under the bus like a loving idiot.

otoh he's not entirely wrong that the press is garbage

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Naerasa posted:

Is Obama actually going to say anything of merit or is this just going to be a lengthy discussion of how everything he did was fine and he's not going to do anything else?

the second one

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

"we have enormous numbers of sanctions against Russia!"

lmao yeah for about a month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

god drat it Obama, you are smarter than that. Trump will not be "sobered" when he enters the Oval Office, he's going to piss on the rug.

• Locked thread