Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
This loving Mike Kelly joker on FNC seems like he's probably raped a few people.

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/795962817249771520

https://twitter.com/ErlogLabonte/status/795962420934021121

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

The constant insistence from this white lady that Trump has a path is hilarious. Why.. it's almost like Bill Shine handed her some talking points.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

STAC Goat posted:

Laura's hearing from a lot of middle aged people who have never voted. True American heroes.

The only people these assholes care about voting, old racist white people.

edit: Yes, please keep comparing Trump to Goldwater your racist idiot.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

Lol, Trump's gonna win Catholics.. right.. gotcha..

you fuckers are high

"He's a strong guy." "He's keeps that stuff private."

Yeah, Trump, so religious. "Grab them by the pussy." "They let you do it." walking in on 15 year olds while they're changing and loving bragging about it

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

crazy cloud posted:

Yeah, how un-catholic of him to be a pederast lmbo

K this actually convinced me and I'm on tilt and more shook than Nate Silver

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

This interview at this diner in Florida is loving sad. They are being interviewed in front of their boss who owns the diner.

"Do you get vacation days?"
"We can take them if we want, but I can't afford it."
"Do you have healthcare?"
"No."

"This is very real for you guys."

Jesus gently caress, maybe the guy 5 feet to your left should loving pay you properly.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

Guy who is not Steve Doocey thinks every state is within the MoE so therefore Trump's gonna win. Also claims Newt is a "walking breathing historian." as opposed to all those other historians who are not walking or breathing.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

euphronius posted:

Lol

Diners

Literally the only thing they're doing this morning. Also talking to undecided voters that somehow, magically, come around to voting Trump.

Bill Hemmer needs to get some sleep.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

euphronius posted:

Texas isn't happening unless every poll undercounted latinos

Well.. um about that.. a lot of Latinos are millienials and the ones who aren't often fall through the LV screen so...

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

Full disclosure, I'm part of a group that spent $180 million dollars to influence the outcome of the senate. <--thanks Karl, you idiot, probably gonna be as useful as your work in 2012

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

Venom Snake posted:

WE AINT FOUND poo poo

COMB THE E-MAILS!

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

anime was right posted:

a bernie-like person is 100% winning the dem primary in 2020

May be true, but I think blaming Hillary for this is a bit of a stretch. She may end up winning the popular vote and she went up against Comey, FBI leakers, Julian Assange, Vladimir Putin, A Cadre of People Popularizing Conspiracy Theories Led by Steve Bannon, Racist Frogs, Twitter Eggs, misogyny, the media giving Trump the benefit of the doubt due to being a major party nominee, and probably stuff I'm not remembering right now.

I know there's a bunch of woke liberal leftists all super pissy Bernie didn't lose to Donald Trump instead, but she was one of the most qualified nominees to have ever run for the office and she's likely to have won the popular vote.

If that's going to be the Dem narrative going forward then this is going to be a long 4 years, and I'll probably just check out of keeping track of politics entirely.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

paranoid randroid posted:

aw jeez they were so close to taking us seriously, but we just had to go and mess up again

I know.. smh, because people forget like.. how necessary Respectable Protest was in the leadup to the Kerry administration ending the Iraq war.

The coverage of today's protests and tomorrow's protests are going to be really funny to compare.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

Al-Saqr posted:

Lol if you thought that Liberals were in any way on your side, they would gladly shove every poor and immigrant onto trumps trains if it will mean that they'll get to cross their arms and write aaron sorkin blog posts about trump is bad while doing nothing to actually stop him.

It won't even be about Trump doing bad things. It'll be some dumb poo poo about how the WAY Trump is doing bad things is totally gauche and beneath the dignity of the office.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

Wow, so many bad takes on Nazi punching. Amazing how so many people can be so wrong. They are willing to defend respectability politics to the point of decrying violence against a guy who openly and unabashedly supports literal genocide. Jesus gently caress, there is no hill these assholes won't die on in the name of keeping the uneasy peace.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

Al! posted:

what do they mean "return to the old ways on science"

are we going to see federal funding for augers

They're saying they will gut the EPA in the executive branch, but are saying that's not going far enough because a new administration could just rebuild it. So they're calling for legislation to hamstring the EPA similar to the gun research ban for the CDC.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

fits my needs posted:

They will be blamed for being partisan and polarizing and forcing the republicans to pass terrible bills for......reasons

The thing these idiot liberals on the hill don't get is that GOP will allege obstruction no matter how much they cooperate. There's no incentive to cooperate. There's no actual political capital gained, but they do it anyway.

This is like how the public option was jettisoned from the ACA as a compromise for conservatives before there was any negotation AND there are GOP amendments on the ACA that passed, but GOP still claimed Dems "rammed it through" and got away with claiming that.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

cams posted:

single payer was never in the actual text, the public option was a part of the aca up until joe "i represent the health insurance industry" lieberman said that he'd only vote for it if they got rid of the public option, and they needed his vote.

Yeah, that's why I said it was jettisoned "before any negotiation," and I was careful to say "conservative," and not GOP.

My point is that the opening salvo from most Dems on the hill is to surrender in a fruitless attempt to avoid the inevitable confrontation. It doesn't matter if it's Blue Dogs or the GOP. It happened over and over again under Obama, and these useless pricks are doing it again under Trump.

They think the GOP is going to throw them a bone for being so cordial when that's just not how the game is played.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

SpaceGoku posted:

nah, he's just going to slowly retreat deeper into seclusion

spend all his time at maralago or trump tower, surrounded by a security bubble ten layers thick where he can eat doritos and drink diet coke while watching cable news all day

Wow, so Trump is basically just The Man in the High Castle. gently caress.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

orange sky posted:

So the borders are really already closed for people from these countries? How does he sign something and it goes into effect on that same day? Holy poo poo

It's up in the air. There's some question as to whether or not his order would apply to existing green card holders from those countries.

His hands are pretty tied right now in terms of increasing deportations, though. Like he can probably keep up what Obama had going, but lots of stuff to do with immigration and enforcement is way underfunded. That's partially why Obama was able to have so much leeway. It was clear he didn't have enough resources and so the power fell, tacitly, to him to make decisions about it in the executive branch.

Trump has the same amount of leeway, but they'll need increased funding. Now.. if I were a poo poo-eating Democrat hack I would say that might make Paul Ryan and other members of the GOP bristle or have "sticker shock," but I know it won't because the GOP give no fucks about the budget when they're in power.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

Scent of Worf posted:

https://twitter.com/exjon/status/825483661994700800

https://twitter.com/sisconservative/status/825484684368961537

They have a point. People are too scared to push back against the actual tools of trump, the police and the officials enacting his laws

They don't have a point. Voters only matter when there's an election. Those protests are happening where people with power to tend to live. Limp worthless Democrats and spineless Republicans will take notice of these protests.

It's not about convincing Trump voters in rural areas they were wrong. It's about protesting the gently caress out of whatever it is Trump is doing so that maybe it doesn't happen and the best place to do that are places where the people with power to do that actually are, cities.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

euphronius posted:

EO wont last until tuesday

This specific EO is DOA, but eventually we may get some really lovely policy that's dog whistled as gently caress. This at least prevents the really really stupid immediate outcomes and makes it so that they can't just loving #yolo immigration policy.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

Mnoba posted:

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/316701-admin-trump-to-issue-three-more-executive-orders

signed EO for a 5 year ban for lobbyists out of government he is doing some good things

Same order was issued under previous presidents. It's only news now because people thought Trump might want to hire Russia lobbyists.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/FedcourtJunkie/status/827663762782089216

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

Louisgod posted:

how is Lucian Baxter Wintrich IV the actual name of a person and how has this person not killed numerous women over a period of months

For our god is a merciful one and made this one disinterested in ladyfolk. Some say that, itself, is an abomination. I say, tell that to numerous ladyfolk it prevented from being murdered before their due time.

e:f,b like Lucian beating it furiously to Daddy

• Locked thread