Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Also, the network features can make for some surprisingly intimidating moments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Samurai Sanders posted:

It's more or less the same feature as Dark Souls but for some reason there seem to be more of them clustered around bosses and stuff.

I think it's just that they used corpses, which wind up being more noticeable than bloodstains.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Internet Kraken posted:

game with comically oversized weapons

quote:

elegant

I know what those words mean, but not when you put them together like that.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Why do open world games even have pants?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Ninjalicious posted:

That little goose is SO DANG CUTE :sweatdrop:

"Game where you play as a prankster goose" is a brilliant concept, and I'm shocked that it apparently hasn't already been done.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Jerusalem posted:

I sometimes think they're slightly too intelligent, but the writing is too much fun to really want to complain about it.

It feels a bit like in the Mad Max universe, where the horrible psychopaths all use four syllable words in conversation while they try to open up someone's skull with a scrap axe.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Palpek posted:

rear end Creed: Origins:

Showing off photo mode with different filters:

Good to see MGS 2 getting the respect and references it deserves.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Samurai Sanders posted:

Those things all got launched from space and slammed into the ground at the same time. Note that that is stage 3. The one before it with the million ants and giant robots and pew pew bullets all over the sky is stage 2.

EDF is in this really weird place where it's simultaneously incredibly stupid, and yet such an obvious concept that I still don't know why it wasn't made earlier. The synopsis sounds like the kind of game you'd expect to find on an NES or in an arcade. At least we have it now. :allears:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Samurai Sanders posted:

Well, it started its life as a budget PS2 game meant to recall those older games but in 3D, so yeah.

I knew about the budget part, but not that it was an intentional homage. That just makes it cooler.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
The 4.1 trailers really lean into the B-movie stuff. :iia:

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Dec 23, 2017

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

"I can show you the wooooorld"

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Internet Kraken posted:

Oh I can answer that; he's using the hunter horn. Its a bard-style weapon where you play music to buff your team before smashing monsters over the head with it. The sound it plays is indeed an atrocious bagpipe chord.

That's an awful lot of words to write "yes."

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

codenameFANGIO posted:

are you really upset they didn’t just write “yes” my dude

Yes.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

al-azad posted:

Yeah, Taris sucks. Once you leave they fast forward to give you Jedi powers and then it becomes a traditional Bioware game where you've got a choice about what mission to tackle.

And who to bring along.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Nope, you only ever need the one. They don't comment on the non-uninformed party member as long as someone in uniform is there, you're good.

The sith are not particularly good at the whole fascism thing.

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 02:59 on May 7, 2018

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
I really don't know what else you could have been expecting.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
It seems like there's a point where your money would just be better spent getting a pilot's license.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

an actual dog posted:

the real sexist men in videogames list is just a yakuza popularity poll

Don't make me choose, you monster!

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

PantsBandit posted:

Have not heard about this game, how would you compare it to other mech games? I loved play Chromehounds way back when.

It's a turn based strategy, not a Sim/action game. Think of it more like x-com, but with giant robots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Metal saga is fantastic. :allears: