Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Terraria

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Let It Die

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Time Cop

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Getting married in DS3

Such a touching ceremony.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Dark Souls 3: Ashes of Ariandel

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Dark Souls 2

I'm kind of mad at myself for getting totally sucked into BotW because it made me not finish my DS2 run.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Yeah the bloodstains can blend into dark areas really easily. Sometimes they really stand out though. Like in the final boss of the DLC I noticed a massive sea of bloodstains leading up to it because they contrasted with the grey ground.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
It looks dumb to me but every game with comically oversized weapons hanging off a characters back always bugged me. There's no elegant way of doing it.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Xcom 2

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'm amazed EVE goons are still coordinated. Every other MMO community I've taken part in on SA has imploded.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Darkest Dungeon featuring distressing food.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
My favorite Open Xcom story is someone exiting the skyranger, spotted by a sectoid with a blaster launcher roughly 5 feet away, and instantly blown up. But not only did they and several other soldiers explode during literally the first action on the map, the explosion caused every piece of equipment inside the skyranger to be destroyed. So an entire armory's worth of gear was vaporized because the RNG decided to spawn a sectoid with explosives at the start of the map.

New Xcom can't even compare to that cruelty.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Miitopia

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Xcom 2 Loading Screens

I really love the style of these.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

The Butcher posted:

rimworld

god damnit chicken I was saving those beers for a special occasion :mad:

Did your chicken somehow steal beer and get wasted on it? Is that a thing that happens in that game?

i know pretty much nothing about Rimworld.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Mr. Bones (yes a game actually exists called this)

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Scalding Coffee posted:

Almost forgot the most important picture.

What the hell is the context for this picture anyways

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Scalding Coffee posted:

After Alpha Weltall (beat him or not) kicks everyone's rear end, Krelian and the Solaris remnants hold your guys hostage at Golgoda in order to lure out Elly at Nisan. She defeated an Omnigear with her mind.

While I appreciate the attempt that just confused me even more.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

StrixNebulosa posted:

Hollow Knight is really, really pretty

Heck yeah it is.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Samurai Sanders posted:

The most damning thing I heard about it was that you go to a new galaxy and everything is basically still the same as the old galaxy.

They didn't go to a new galaxy because they had great, unique ideas they could only do in a completely new setting. They went to a new galaxy because ME3 wrote them into a corner and they didn't want to deal with showing the consequences of that game.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Skyrim (with mods)

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I think Bethesda makes some genuinely beautiful scenery but pretty much everyone will agree their NPCs range from passable at best to hilariously awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Memento posted:

[*]Is your main weapon a bagpipe?

Oh I can answer that; he's using the hunter horn. Its a bard-style weapon where you play music to buff your team before smashing monsters over the head with it. The sound it plays is indeed an atrocious bagpipe chord.