Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

aba posted:

From several pages back, but it was also bugging me:

How to view Steam linked images via HTTPS connection

0) Skip if you trust me: Look into source of the page to find a link to some image which is not working.
1) Example from the first page: open http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/539646410295191903/BDB1BDE3A021DF201C673786E6FDF45ED6C56318/
2) Check that it works.
3) Now change protocol to HTTPS. I.e. https://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/539646410295191903/BDB1BDE3A021DF201C673786E6FDF45ED6C56318/
4) Confirm the security exception as you're a big boy and you know what you're doing.
5) Refresh the first page of this thread to verify that it's working.
6) Reply to this message with your results.

Thanks pally! You're the best around!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl, OGSE Mod.
Some zombies ran me up a building. I died shortly after.

Stalker: Call of Pripyat, Misery 1.0 mod
Really pretty sunsets.

Bully
Its halloween.

Grand Theft Auto IV gets a bad rap. If you can accept the tonal change away from San Andreas, its a pretty awesome game. Lot of well fleshed out characters and a pretty fun buddy-hangout system to allow you to learn more about them. The main story takes criminally long to get good, so I can see why people give up early on. But its totally worth another shot if you like GTA as a series.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Kanfy posted:

Pillars of Eternity

Hah.

I've had three false starts for this game. I admire how overly-lore based this game is, but the story itself seems kind of dry. I just got to the part where I can manage my own stronghold by talking to some statue. Does it ramp up? (I really want to like this game)

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

wizard on a water slide posted:

Facebook tried to sell me this game. I don't know if it's called MMO FOR LEGENDS or WORLD OF FANTASY

those mountains are two horses tall.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

TacticalNecromancy posted:

EDF! EDF! EDF! (Earth Defense Force 4.1)

To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack,

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

I AM THE TOILET posted:

Space Quest IV

Is this that game where you have to be *incredibly* specific about commands because the game takes you mega literally? I think I remember some dude punching in "engage light speed drive" or something without putting the seatbelt on, and his character died because the acceleration turned him into jelly.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Immortal Defense - so I turned the effects to max.

(it looks good in motion!)

I haven't played or heard of a few of these games mentioned in the thread. But usually I can guess what the game is about or at least the genre of it. Without googling, I'm going to assume this is maybe a turn based RPG or RTS and you're fighting rays of light and rainbow orbs? Or you're shooting a projectile of sorts and that rainbow line is your trajectory..and gravitational forces from stars and those orbs are manipulating your aim?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Hah what. I played the hell out of TDs in the Warcraft III days, so on one hand I'm surprised I didn't catch it, but on the other, even the strangest TD games I played have some vague resemblance. Looks cool though. Added to wishlist and will nab during the X-mas sale should Steam be so kind to discount it.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Woke up just in time to get KO'd :smith:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Hirethor posted:

Mad Max was pretty, fun, and good up until the very end where it has the worst ending to a game I've seen in my entire life.

Well, now im incredibly curious so give us the deets

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Light Gun Man posted:

Yet more further adventures in Tower Unite

If you want to, add me on steam man. https://steamcommunity.com/id/skywars124

I hop in game from time to time, and it would be cool to connect with the few other goons playing it.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
e: nm wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Anomaly
Far and away the scariest game i've ever played, but also my favorite shooter. I really admire when horror games aren't afraid to look pretty.