Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

subnautica

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

everspace

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Heres what I Had to say about it in the steam thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3828221&pagenumber=407&perpage=40#post479575867

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Beastie posted:

Is ME:A any good? I hear such mixed things. I liked 1-2, thought three was okay.

the environment graphics are incredible, the sound is great, and the controls are miles better than ME3. These are things many people like to forget when writing dissertations on how the andromeda initiative's color scheme being an inversion of the N7 color scheme is clear proof of bioware's creative bankruptcy. Unfortunately everything else legitimately is no good at all. The netcode is just as bad as ME3's, the balance was outright offensive for months, and they doubled down on some of ME3's dumbest poo poo like sync kills and the need to unlock the same thing many times before it's out of the pool while putting too many unlocks in the rare/ultra-rare tier. It's in a vastly better place now than it was at launch, but they pushed away most of the players in the meantime because every weapon that wasn't a sniper rifle and most of the tech/biotic powers were rancid garbage on gold. All of the mass effecty bits of the singleplayer are bad, which means most of the singleplayer.

A lot of the presentation is fantastic and it's no longer an awkward mess to play, but you have to tune out pretty much the entire rest of the game to enjoy that. A GOTY contender came out just about every minute of 2017 so there's too many other games to play that won't be mixed experiences at best.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Shadow warrior 2

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Monster hunter is a series aggressively marketed at cat people.

lost his master

found her

You can send people your guild card which shows your career stats and a customizable pose of your hunter and felyne. it's very important that you open every guild card you receive.

The chef is obsessed with max gains, and puns

and the felyne armor is incredible.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

the ambiance of that game is drat great. Love the way the foliage shadows move.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Oh, you haven't seen the statue yet. You'll know it when you see it.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Monster hunter world

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

they're silly but I have a hard time shaming someone for just being really obsessed with planes. :shobon:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The Sexy Brutale

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

INFERNIUM

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Frog Act posted:

Thats meant to be literally grimdark pacman right? is it actually good or just a gimmick?

I don't know where you're getting grimdark, but it is pacman yes.

Whether it's good or bad probably depends on what you're looking for out of it. It was made by 1 guy and it shows, because it's pretty out there in both good and bad ways. The graphical and encounter quality varies a lot (some of it's great, while the last challenge was so unreasonable I had to turn on a "slower enemies" option for it to even seem possible). I bought it because I wanted to look at surreal and atmospheric environments and it definitely delivers there.

The actual pacman gameplay ends up being incredibly stressful in first person since you can't see exactly where things are behind corners or behind you, you can only hear them. The dash move leads to a lot of frustration since you want to dash as far as possible when running away, but if you aim it a hair too high then the dash is canceled and you'll probably get killed because of it. I enjoyed it the most when not in a pacman encounter since the atmosphere is really good, there's some great surreal stuff, and the level design has a lot of secrets and shortcuts to find.

Overall, it's definitely a thing, that I played.

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Sep 23, 2018

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

So I recently got into Warframe.

The goon lair is... "inspired."

let us know when you find the statue

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Metro looks very nice.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011