Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

PunkBoy posted:

Final Fantasy XV

You come at the king, you best not miss

Solaire had an interesting past before he started sunbroing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Wamdoodle posted:

I like how this makes it seem like it's a normal thing around there. Jeez, new DOOM owns as does the rest of the series.

It literally is.

New DOOM is pretty great, like it has plot but the plot is always secondary to the gameplay, and the writing is aware of this and takes the whole thing very tongue in cheek.

The game literally opens with a quote from the loving doom comic, it's also just a really fun FPS.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

StrixNebulosa posted:

Subnautica

A cute fish thing I want to scan!

What the christ is that?

Images could not be more backwards, go pette the big fishe.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Space Engineers has been looking pretty nice since its model update and PBR.

Even if I have to run it on lowest textures because of limited memory.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

These pictures make me want to try it even though everyone says it is a completely by the numbers open world game.

It's a by the numbers open world game where you fight people with your car. That's not super common.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

revdrkevind posted:

:mad: Max?

That's a troll post right? Hope and Glory are probably-not-even-real metaphors for his own family, and the entire game is Max in Limbo/Purgatory. He's reliving his fears of stepping out on his own family, and the end of the game when he puts their picture on the dashboard of the Magnum Opus is him making peace. The Plains of Silence as a whole are probably a metahor, Max never leaves. Griffa is definitely not real as even Chumbucket says Max is just standing around spacing out and never actually goes anywhere - once Max maxes out his levels / transcends Griffa disappears. So Hope and Glory are dead in the art school way, and all that's left is for Max to continue to fight on forever alone. Chumbucket had to die because Max can never complete his attrition until he accepts his loneliness. It's actually a pretty good story, given that I had zero expectations for a random open world game.

On the other hand I basically just thought they ran out of time so they just decided to kill everyone relevant to the plot for some cheap drama and then had the main character deal with it because he has the emotional range of a halfbrick.

Also indicated by the fact that your plot motivation for about 70% of the game is "I want to unlock the tier 2 engine upgrades on my car" and then the last 20% has people in it.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jan 20, 2017

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Nordick posted:

I have decided that mutton chops are the best beard style for Geralt

You know I don't like the witcher games but I might be tempted to play that one if I can play as Revolver Ocelot from MGSV.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

GTA Online has finally allowed me to achieve nirvana.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

CJacobs posted:

Is that gun an actual 3D model? Or just a series of sprites made out of screenshots of a 3D gun? Either way, Doom modder ingenuity never fails to make me grin. :allears:

It's the GES biorifle from Unreal Tournament 99, however the shading on the tubes suggests to me that it is probably a rendered sprite because it doesn't look quite like that ingame.

It's not that uncommon with doom mods to do that, take other games and make guns from their first person animations, cos it basically does the bulk of the work for you.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Skyrim Special Edition can look pretty nice with just a couple of mods. Maybe not the highest fidelity, but it's pretty atmospheric wandering through these misty pine forests.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Oct 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's more I think that the rungs should rest on the knots not float under them.