Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
This is probably a good thread for me. I felt I was putting screenshots in the in other threads when no one else was.

Yakuza Kiwami

Majima getting pure whoopass energy injected directly into his face via Kiryu's fingers. He loves it!

Berserk Musou

I'm sure Casca is okay.

Miku: Future Tone

So long Miku. Your sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Phantasy Star Online 2

Yeah uh...they had this special event for about a week and no one really knew what to make of it.

Super Robot Wars Z 2-2

King Kitan: best banana themed giant robot ever.

Super Robot Wars Z 3-1

It's always stressful piloting a super robot for the first time. Control consoles and stuff suddenly pop out of the ceiling and you're like what the hell?

Tales of Berseria

Velvet, consider not killing a little boy with your giant blood demon claw please.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Nov 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Chelsea Must Kill the Seven Demons.

I didn't do too well at killing this one.

FF15 demo

They're about to break into a relatively benign song about smashing the system.

PSO2

I gotta say the techno-magic-dinosaurs that their chest opens up and a giant crystal skeleton comes out is one of the weirdest things I have seen in games.

Super Robot Wars OG: Moon Dwellers

Sometimes you just need to kick a hole all the way through the other robot.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Nov 19, 2016

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Mr.Kattykat posted:

The Witcher 3

I can't look at this without listening to my favorite music in the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8J9HXcOxrs

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
PSO2

Even a year after it was implemented, and no challenge left to it because everyone knows what to do to get an S rating every time, the Magatsu fight is still a hell of a thing to see.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Final Fantasy 15 takes some good rear end screenshots, both manually and by its mysterious auto photo system.

edit: and $plugs$

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Nov 30, 2016

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Ciaphas posted:

How are you going about getting the FFXV photos to Imgur?
I put them on a flash drive and then to my PC. Ironically that has fewer steps than going through the Twitter account I originally made for just that purpose, because Twitter images don't just end in .jpg, they say .jpg-large and stuff. I wish there was a more direct way to do it.

Camping with chocobos looks like so much fun.

edit: Miku Future Tone

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Dec 3, 2016

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

PunkBoy posted:

Oh, I'm going through Twitter, haha. I looked through my Capture Gallery to see if my saved pictures showed up, but I didn't find them. Maybe I wasn't looking in the right place?
Oh, if you mean the pictures Prompto is taking that you are saving, those are not screenshots in the PS4 sense. You need to literally take a screenshot of them while you are looking at them...unless there is some other way?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It's important to note that using one of the game's seven or so different satellite laser weapons is just a normal thing that people do all the time.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I know both SMT1 and 2 get completely wacko near the end but I am not hardcore enough to have gotten very far in either of them.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
PSO2

Chrismas as hell like usual.

Yakuza Kiwami

Getting aggressively stabbed in the gut with a dull knife just makes him better understand that he was wrong and should not do that again.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Dec 11, 2016

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Why didn't anyone tell me that Snatcher was even more gloriously insane than Policenauts?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yakuza 6

Ten years later, Kiryu is doing what he does.

edit: you can't see it well but he's wielding a traffic cone in the first one, of course.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Dec 14, 2016

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, Mad Max is real pretty and the photo mode is really awesome.

These pictures make me want to try it even though everyone says it is a completely by the numbers open world game.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
On the eve of Gravity Rush 2 coming out I am playing the original again and marveling at how unique its way of movement is. It's the only game I know where...

falling diagonally upwards

standing on the sides of buildings

and hurtling towards the ground at terminal velocity (knowing that you take no fall damage)

are all way more common than just running on the ground.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jan 17, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Great Joe posted:

I, too, love the game where until you've ground up a shitload, your main mode of going from point to point has a tiny stamina bar that doesn't like to charge all that much.
I can't say I know what you're talking about; I didn't max out my energy bar but I could still go basically all the way across one of the city areas on one charge. Besides, if you run out you just freefall for a few seconds and get it all back.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Gravity Rush 2 is loving beautiful. I'm going to spend hours just trying to find the right shot of Kat hurtling sideways through the air.

Also it has a photo mode that I have just begun exploring

And the photo mode is integrated into a treasure hunting game where you take a picture of the treasure chest for other players to find.

Man, they (and Square, as of FF15) know what I like.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Time spent playing with photo mode in Gravity Rush 2 > time spent doing anything else.

Making Kat look like some weirdo is a full time job.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jan 20, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'm not entirely sure screenshots from the videos in Future Tone count but what the hell, I have like a million of them.

Are there enough Mikus in that last picture? I am not sure there are enough Mikus in that last picture.

edit:
So that's the Evileye and not the Flesh Claymore, right?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Feb 15, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sandweed posted:

I've never payed attention to souls games but LMAO is that last one real?

Oh heavens yes.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Tiler Kiwi posted:

zelda more like celda
Seriously that argument sent me fifteen years back in in time.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

StrixNebulosa posted:

What is this Silent Hill monster doing in Dark Souls?
I dunno but when I first saw him I was like "at some point I'm gonna jam a giant key right into his loving face" and sure enough that's what happened, except that it was a sword and he liked it even less than I expected.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Keeshhound posted:

Also, the network features can make for some surprisingly intimidating moments.

It's more or less the same feature as Dark Souls but for some reason there seem to be more of them clustered around bosses and stuff.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sandweed posted:

Why do nier people have swords floating behind them?
Often in RPGs they just don't explain that at all but this time it's pretty clearly android techno-magic.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I love all the weapons in Mysterious Gensokyo: TOD.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sandweed posted:

Is that a loving chainsword + unocards shield.
Yeah and they haven't even evolved to their final form yet.

Yeah you'd better be afraid of my dual brooms bitch. Also don't make my associate rough you up with her fox tail.

Ate an experimental lamprey waffle and this happened.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Aug 21, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Ys games generally aren't very good looking but YS VIII has this vista:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Taintrunner posted:

Wow, AssCreed:Origins is pretty neat looking.

I mostly ignored news of Origins because there are already 392764 near identical AssCreed games but I've never seen a flaming skeleton horse in the series before. It's probably near identical in the other ways though right?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Just another day in the office for the Earth Defense Force (5)

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Scalding Coffee posted:

Fracking got really competitive.
Those things all got launched from space and slammed into the ground at the same time. Note that that is stage 3. The one before it with the million ants and giant robots and pew pew bullets all over the sky is stage 2.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Keeshhound posted:

EDF is in this really weird place where it's simultaneously incredibly stupid, and yet such an obvious concept that I still don't know why it wasn't made earlier. The synopsis sounds like the kind of game you'd expect to find on an NES or in an arcade. At least we have it now. :allears:
Well, it started its life as a budget PS2 game meant to recall those older games but in 3D, so yeah.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Scalding Coffee posted:

Did the franchise start out in a serious tone and localized to be as B-movie as possible?
Absolutely not; it's designed to look like a B movie from the very beginning.

The gameplay itself keeps getting better and more refined (and the frame rate is now high and stable) but they've been careful to keep that cheap feeling in the aesthetics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The most damning thing I heard about it was that you go to a new galaxy and everything is basically still the same as the old galaxy.