Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Doom 4 Snapmap is where the Big Boys play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Oh, well if we're going through our oldies...

Deus Ex: Human Revolution has a knack for understatement.

Final Fantasy 7 deals with errors with more apologies than most.

The German Amiga game Software Manager has some brilliant pixel art.

The best Payday 2 mod (which has since become an official option) is the ability to increase the ragdoll limit.

"DOKTOR NO!!!!!"

Did you know Max Payne is really a vampire, and that's why the first two games are all set at night?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Death Road to Canada reacts well to deaths in the party causing strange circumstances.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

This might be a controversial opinion, but Titanfall 2 is kinda pretty.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

JD-Smith posted:

Valkyria Chronicles

Oh yeah, that reminds me. Valkyria Chronicles has a knack for understatement.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Sandweed posted:

Everything in the EU was a character that was on screen for 3 seconds in the movies turns out to be super important for the overall story. Also incredibly stupid light weapons.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a giant otter at your side, kid.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Beastie posted:

You should turn off the HUD. It really makes the game look better and helps with the whole "lost in the wilderness" thing.

I turned it off immediately and never looked back. You still get your heart counters.

In fact, I recommend that people turn off the HUD or at least set it to dynamic for most games.

I loving hate staring at a minimap all the time.
You underestimate just how loving shithouse my sense of direction is.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Watch Dogs 2. I’m a good driver. I’m a great driver! The best, even!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Doom 2016 Snapmap went places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

It's the GES biorifle from Unreal Tournament 99, however the shading on the tubes suggests to me that it is probably a rendered sprite because it doesn't look quite like that ingame.
It's the original Biorifle model from UT99, just without the fancy lighting/shadowing that'd come from "real" 3D lighting. The mod is probably Doom Tournament, which recreates the guns, HUD and some other optional things like player movement as closely to UT99 as possible, to the point of adding support for the old Unreal Engine 1 model format to the engine.