Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Mass Effect

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Breath of the Wild has the best title card I've seen in ages.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

It also makes for good visual shorthand so you know when an Android is controlling a weapon, which allows for poo poo like this:

Gifs stolen from The Dark Id's LP

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Reloading in Black Mesa can do weird thing to the ragdolls.

Can Dr. Freeman solve the mystery of the haunted pants?

Do the Vortigaunts believe that Christ will free them from their slavery?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I've been playing Batman: Arkham Knight again and I noticed during the intro that you can actually read the newspaper over a guy's shoulder in the diner.

It looks like both pages have readable text and so does the front page but it's hard to get an angle on the other pages.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Just randomly did the first raid in Final Fantasy XIV for fun with some guys from the euro-goon guild and it has some pretty cool visuals between stages (this raid isn't run as one continuous instance, instead it's broken-up into fourteen separate parts allowing you to do it in chunks. This also let the developers release it in chunks rather than all at once), as the final boss is built as you complete stages.

My screenshots kinda suck and I missed some stages of the boss being built since I didn't think to take a shot at the time.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Final Fantasy XIV can be gloriously dumb at times.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

I mostly ignored news of Origins because there are already 392764 near identical AssCreed games but I've never seen a flaming skeleton horse in the series before. It's probably near identical in the other ways though right?

It's now an open world RPG with quests and loot rather than a mission-based open world action game. Completely changed the combat too. It's pretty different to the previous games.

The mission/quest distinction is important, in previous games when you took a mission to assassinate a plot character you were locked into it. With them being open quests you can take the quest and then gently caress-off and do something else. I've heard of people accidentally finishing the prologue by stumbling into the target for that area while doing another quest in the same area.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Spider-Man totally doesn't kill, guys.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Some random shots from Final Fantasy XIV

Side note, anyone have know any good image hosts that aren't imgur? imgur hasn't worked for me for ages (just refuses to take any uploads) and postimage keeps resizing images when I tell it not to (had to drop one of my shots because it looked like absolute poo poo after it got resized).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Thank you! Looks good, I'll keep it in mind