Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I changed the post count per page and it worked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

I'll try one or two more posts, fingers crossed!

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Hey it's working again! but I seem to be missing some posts. It said I had 10 unread but it goes straight from

Mr Hootington posted:

I wanted it to be him and Rey to both connecting to the force and tag teaming Kylo at the end. It was a disappointment.
to

Dexo posted:

I changed the post count per page and it worked
What's going on?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Ghost of radium, I expect

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

A bunch of other long threads that ZDR had posted in had this issue; he randomly deleted all of his posts (accidentally, according to lowtax) and it severely hosed those threads.

The solution, so far, has been to remake the thread.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
So many threads, laid waste by one poo poo poster. Amazing.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Rip I think

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
New Black Panther trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjDjIWPwcPU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

As always, never read Youtube comments.

There are some fun reaction videos though. :drat:

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Is anyone else getting an "X unread posts" tag for just this thread that isn't going away even though you've read all of the posts?

Yesterday the latest page wouldn't load at all until (I guess) the posts-per-page bit was changed.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Mine phone has the thread stuck at 8 new posts. So instead of making a new thread, I've just internalized that I should click on the thread if there are 9 new posts.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

I just posted about it earlier this page. ZDR, an admin, did something fucky in the db, deleted all his posts, and now a bunch of threads died/were reborn.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Though it's weird this wasn't a problem here until now; maybe someone ELSE got deleted recently?

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

sean10mm posted:

As always, never read Youtube comments.

There are some fun reaction videos though. :drat:

This is why I get all my Black Panther news from gay fashion bloggers. All the comments are about which is hotter, the costumes or Michel B. Jorden's chest.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

KirbyKhan posted:

Mine phone has the thread stuck at 8 new posts. So instead of making a new thread, I've just internalized that I should click on the thread if there are 9 new posts.

Haha same.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
There are two solutions so far.

- The first is to create a new thread, point the old thread to the new thread via post, and lock the old thread.
- The second is this:

KirbyKhan posted:

I'd prefer the first but I can live with the second.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
It's probably going to break again as soon as we hit the end of the page. A new thread would be a good idea.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

I have been gone dealing with IRL drama, but I will work on a new OP. If anyone has any opinions on the OP let me know!

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
My local UWSA group posted this about the latest #MeToo movement which I found to be a very informative read:

http://www.ebony.com/news-views/black-woman-me-too-movement-tarana-burke-alyssa-milano

quote:

“Where was the boycott for ESPN sports journalist Jemele Hill when her employer suspended her from her job citing a vague social media policy?” Ford wrote in an essay for Refinery29. “Where was the boycott when actress and comedian Leslie Jones was harassed by trolls to the point of deleting her account for months?”

Ford’s speculations were spot-on. The outrage simply wasn’t there for the Black women who were put in vulnerable positions by rich White men. White women have either have yet to realize or simply choose not to acknowledge there is a common thread between the oppressive powers of the misogyny imposed on McGowan and the White apathy that suppressed Hill’s voice.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Koalas March posted:

I have been gone dealing with IRL drama, but I will work on a new OP. If anyone has any opinions on the OP let me know!

No opinion, but if you want any help going back through this thread for things to quote in the new thread (or anything else time consuming that might be useful) let me know.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

anyone keeping up with tamika mallory being removed from AA flight? heavy posted an article where they quoted entirely unsourced stuff from "another passenger who wishes to remain anonymous"

https://twitter.com/susanswann99/status/920345145379315712

claiming they have video, but they haven't released it yet. imo, smells like bs

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Are people still having problems with the thread? I'm gonna repost the OP (because honestly it's perfect) and goldmine this thread, but in the mean time...

The 15 Blackest Things About the New Trailer for Black Panther

quote:

1. The screen at the 0:00 mark right before the trailer started. I know black screens are standard before a film starts and after it ends, but this black screen was an extra, deeper black. A Maya and Amiri at the Schomburg black. I saw this black and immediately felt compelled to take a shot of Henny. (AND I HATE HENNY!)

2. Although the first voice you hear is from a white man, the first face you see is Chadwick Boseman’s King T’Challa with an expression saying, “Why the gently caress is this white man talking? DOES HE NOT KNOW THAT THIS IS THE TRAILER FOR THE BLACK PANTHER MOVIE, NOT THE ‘WHITE MAN SAYS WORDS THAT VAGUELY MATTER TO PEOPLE’ MOVIE?”

3. At the 30-second mark, Danai Gurira’s Okoye says, “We are home”—reminding the audience that they’re about to witness some black-rear end poo poo. And if they’re not ready to witness some black-rear end poo poo, they need to take their not-ready-to-witness-some-black-rear end-poo poo asses back to their wack-rear end homes. And, I don’t know, go microwave some celery or something.

4. Angela Bassett’s flawless skin, which basically looks like what would happen if a Kehinde Wiley print came to life and had sex with a peach.

5. Lupita and Lupita’s hair—which would totally be the name of my fantasy football team if I gave a poo poo about fantasy football—basically telling T’Challa that every nigga is a star.

(Also, I’m currently having three separate conversations with three separate black women—all trying to determine exactly what they’d call Lupita’s hairstyle. One insists that it’s bantu knots, and another insists it’s a really defined twist-out. Let’s just say that Batman v Superman did not inspire these types of discussions.)

6. Okoye instructing T’Challa not to freeze and him replying, “I never freeze,” which is true because you can’t freeze if you’re already cool as gently caress. You can’t freeze an ice cube, nigga.

7. Michael B. Jordan coming through like the angriest member of B2K ever.

8. My instinct to still scream, “Where’s Wallace?!” each time I see Michael B. Jordan on screen.

9. The black panthers meeting with Black Panther at the 1:12 mark, because who said black people can’t be meta as gently caress, too?

10. Michael B2K’s face when he’s surrounded by all those flames at the 1:21 mark—which is the same face you make when forced to consume unseasoned and undercooked chicken at a work-retreat breakout session and the same level of heat you wish the chicken was cooked at.

11. The white man shooting that gun at the 1:27 mark, a not-so-subtle reminder that white men with guns and bad haircuts ruin everything.

12. The flip Black Panther does at the 1:43 mark, which made me Google Gabby Douglas just to see what she’s doing now.

13. Okoye’s stick maneuvering at 1:51, a callback to Danai’s “day job” on The Walking Dead and a reminder that black people (actresses included) all need side hustles.

14. The remixed version of Gil Scott-Heron’s “The Revolution Will Not Be Televised” playing through the trailer, which is somewhat paradoxical, since we’re watching a televised trailer while listening to it, but blackness is somewhat paradoxical, so it’s apropos.

15. The fact that I don’t know poo poo about comic books—or superheroes, really, other than Batman and Superman—and didn’t even know that Black Panther existed until, like, five years ago (don’t judge me), but I’m actually sitting here today, in October of 2017, already thinking about the black-rear end poo poo I’m going to wear to this premiere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjDjIWPwcPU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I wonder if the Black Panther movie is going to incorporate any of the really badass stuff from when Ta-Nehisi Coates wrote the script for the comic.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'm hype for Black Panther.

Yes the problem is still there. Will have to wait to see if the new page problem is gonna rear its head when we get to the next page. I support a straight up goldmine/repost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

KirbyKhan posted:

I'm hype for Black Panther.

Yes the problem is still there. Will have to wait to see if the new page problem is gonna rear its head when we get to the next page. I support a straight up goldmine/repost.

done https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837920

• Locked thread