Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

negromancer posted:

That reminds me of when I was in Ireland for 3 weeks on this NATO thing, and I was hanging out with British military intel guys and SAS dudes (scary rear end bastards), and while there I picked up an Irish accent and couldn't drop it for like 3 months.

LET. ME. TELL. YOU.

White women loved me for those 3 months.

I have a good friend who is black and from Ireland and according to him his accent is the finest aphrodisiac on the planet. Evidence supports his theory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

negromancer posted:

Same, I'm waiting for the whole run. I just finished the International Iron Man run and gonna follow that right now.

I'd be curious to hear your opinion on the run. I liked it a lot but obviously different perspectives.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

negromancer posted:

Which one IIM or BP?

The BP run. I haven't read IIM yet since I'm basically infinitely behind on Iron man in general and barely have the cash to keep up with the books I'm reading as-is.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Grognan posted:

Wait wait, was this thread was started by some white rear end motherfucker that felt guilty over black things that he is doubling down like the embodiment of white guilt so hard he got a black panther avatar?

No. You're dumb. Stop it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lead out in cuffs posted:

:yikes:

Um, I just came here to post this, which seems relevant, not to see a bunch of Berniebros yelling at the black posters in the black people thread. :psyduck:

So anyway:

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/796778397426778112

I honestly and genuinely can not imagine how much utter loathing Barack Obama must have for pretty much all of America for this.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pastrymancy posted:

https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/796785451713593344

I'm looking at this datestamp and the only thing I can think of in response was "If? IF? Then what the gently caress was his entire campaign, you ignoramus?"

Political columnists are already dismissing Keith Ellison, DNC chair hopeful, as an ~urban elite~ and singling him out for being a POC. Lovely.

A lot of people are trying to convince themselves that Trump was running a con and now that he's won he's going to pull backwards. There is some evidence for this in that Trump says whatever the gently caress he thinks people wants to hear but that doesn't mean anything. It's a desperate frantic grasp at the only possible spot of hope in the next 4 years.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Shortest Path posted:

It's true. I take a little bit pride in mine, knowing I most likely got it from telling some GBS racist to gently caress off in USPOL.

Something Awful has always been kind of a hellhole re: race, but goddamn is it becoming visible nowadays.

That is pretty much the internet at large now. All the places where it was lurking just under the surface have basically exploded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Getting help for mental illness is harder than just having the support structure available. Mental illness itself often gets in the way of seeking proper help and having people who can support and help you is important. If anything being rich and famous makes that harder because it's easier for someone who needs help to insulate themselves from people who can pressure and force them in a way they need.

• Locked thread