Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

Huzanko posted:

Awesome! Thanks for the link.

The Nightly Show was just about the only Comedy Central show I watched (on YouTube and the CC website) and I am bummed that that it isn't on anymore. I really like Wilmore's delivery and I enjoyed him on the Daily Show as well. I hope he, and hopefully other folks from the Nightly show, get a show on another network, or online.

I'm not sure about eveyrone else, but Franchesca Ramsey has gotten a gig with MTV talking Social Justice issues called "Decoded".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmDCADWyaiI

Her latest video about White Fragility has spawned dozens of angry "Debunking" videos that are, of course, perfect examples of White Fragility.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnCFy4mFWRM

SwimmingSpider fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Nov 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Hi, white Jew applying for citizenship to Negrotown, I don't feel safe around the paler Goyim anymore.

I mean i never did but even more so now

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
As a Jew growing up generally separated from other Jews for most of my life I can relate to the experience of feeling too assimilated and far away from your own people. I grew up dealing with holocaust jokes from goyische kids but my Jewish friends told me i was "barely Jewish" because I wasn't familiar with the traditions. It sucks on both ends.

Anyway, here's a question that seemed a lot more important a week ago and i forgot to ask but has been bothering me for a bit: the word "boy" has become a popular term of endearment for men lately (eg, "good boy" "soft boy" ["adjective] boy") and generally i like it, but I have been hesitant to use it to describe Black men due to the thorny history with that word. I wanted to ask some of the men here how they would feel about being called that. My gut tells me I'm overthinking it and the context probably changes things, but my guts been wrong before so i figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.

DoctorWhat posted:

Not "among black men", it's an internet/twitter thing where (mostly white) people talk about anime and video game characters by calling them good sweet [adjective] boys, because Griffin McElroy has taken total control of the web's linguistic trends.

yeah this was what I meant. Sorry it was unclear :(

• Locked thread