Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

2) Can KM remove the bullshit redtexts some psycho keeps buying for people nonstop?
I've been removing redtexts on request, because a lot of the ones in D&D have been super egregious these last few months. KM technically could but it's way easier to do through the admin panel, so I'll just remind everyone to contact me if you want a text blanked out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Gringostar posted:

don't know about #1 but IIRC #2 has to be done by an admin, but a mod can expedite things
Mods can change titles in the forum they moderate, but the changes go into the queue like bans and longer probations, so it takes a little more time.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Yeah, I just figured it might be helpful if you didn't have to handle every single case all by yourself. Since KM is active in these threads she can see when people have been given crappy titles in real time and just nuke them right then.
She can definitely queue them up, just be aware that it'll take a bit. But of course, if you ask an admin and they're not around it still takes a bit. So I guess it's all the same, really.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

TIC, there's a reason you get probated all the time in D&D. It's not because you're The Most Reasonable Poster.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Praseodymi posted:

Don't you get it? This is our ancient British culture that is under attack.

Eugh, white people are poo poo.
It's honestly a pretty easy attitude to understand, especially in an area like this. You're talking about a rural population in England with a tradition going back hundreds of years, and they're being told that it's wrong due to historical and cultural contexts largely based in another country and originating in practices under two centuries old - the minstrel show as we know it comes from the late 1800s (as I understand it, correct me if it's older). That doesn't make it right: blackface is offensive in any context, it's blackface. But you can get why it's hard to convince a group like this, and why it might be a bit more complex than simple white privilege.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Psycho Society posted:

drat, the heart of SA is really being fought over tooth and nail this week, isn't it?
People certainly think so, but here's a secret: it's not.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Koalas March posted:

Michigan used to have a big Klan presence, and some have lingered. Howell, for example, was a sundown town and is still racist AF to this day. A friend of mine got attacked there actually.
Rural Michigan is really bad, and I say this coming from Idaho. It's honestly way worse than most of the Midwest and even parts of the South. I have no idea why.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I'm waiting on the coffee to finish brewing so forgive me if I'm being dense, but what does this mean?
Six-hour probations

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sixers make people insane more than any other probation. I've given people entire months without a peep, but sixers break brains. And it's not just me, or just recently. This is something mods have talked about going back years.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Oh, I thought it was some weird way of censoring calling someone a dick.
Why would anyone censor that, you dick?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It also means they don't know poo poo about Jackson, they're making a movie about the Jackson caricature popularized in the last, what, 10 years of his life?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I spoke to the other whites, and we've put together a list of acceptable black protests:

Shucking and jiving
Saying "Oh lawd!" [Note: we're still debating "Nuh-uh!"]
Baking a pie, then sharing it with your white neighbors
Raps without swears in
Apologetic silence
Sighing in private
Friendly smiles at half-mast
Sitting in the middle of the bus
Madea Goes To Washington
Reading that day's "Boondocks," then clipping out the Dilbert next to it and putting that up in your cubicle

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pastrymancy posted:

African and African diaspora
What is the difference between these two groups?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pastrymancy posted:

Yes that's what I was getting at. Sorry if it wasn't clearly phrased.
It probably was, I just didn't recognize it.

• Locked thread