Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

blackguy32 posted:

https://twitter.com/undisputed/status/912327330579677184

In everyone's rush for unity against Trump for calling players SOBs, many have largely ignored what Kaepernick was protesting in the first place.

This is what I continue to confront people about in regards to NFL players kneeling during the anthem- do they even know WHY they are kneeling in the first place?

I'm proud of my brother, who is an Iraq veteran and tells the other Jingoists to gently caress off with their 'honor the flag' bullshit. They'll blather on about how disrespecting the anthem and flag is the same as disrespecting dead servicemembers, and he'll point out to them that he was in Honor Guard for several years and fully supports people who see fit to kneel during the anthem or burn flags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I wished I took a picture, but my wife and I were shopping at Costco and they had some dolls (can't remember if they were Barbie or knockoffs) but the thing that really gave me pause is that while the box came with a white and black doll, the black doll was just the white doll's features with a darker shade of brown; everything else looked like the little white doll, to the extent it looked almost like blackface to me. It made me realize that I see very few genuinely Black dolls, in terms of hair texture and facial features; more often than not they are just 'palette swapped' versions of white dolls. But even I know that Black people have different hair textures and facial features than white people, and just making a really dark version of a caucasian doll is a rather poor analogue for a Black person.

• Locked thread