Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Where is Negrotown located geographically?

north georgia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

negromancer posted:

Excuse me but you don't know colors.

there's a whole dropped plotline from the third season which would have revealed that tobias is an extremely light skinned african american

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Captain_Maclaine posted:

This is one thing I've wanted to ask the thread's opinion on previously but didn't want to interrupt ongoing conversation. There seems to me to be a widespread expectation of forgiveness place upon family members of slain people of color, that somehow the proper thing to do, almost automatically, is to express forgiveness of the killer, almost regardless of any other consideration, and that should a person of color not extend that forgiveness, they're somehow exceptionally worked up or out of line to the point where their anger invalidates anything else they may have to say on the subject. Personally, I've more than once found it exceptionally crass how quickly interviewers often jump to the "do you forgive his/her killer?" question, like some sort of bizarre shibboleth on Good Black BehaviorTM. And as a result, I have to wonder if all such expressions of forgiveness are sincere, or in some cases are said simply because it's what white people expect and yet another unjust hoop that must be jumped through as part of daily life. Or am I entirely out of line here?

its way more likely that the families/friends of the murdered churchgoers are devout christians

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Death Bot posted:

People have multiple opinions, and posting that being concerned about (mostly American) Black issues is somehow immoral for Black Americans to do is real hosed up lmfao

silence_kit is only doing it to act out a grudge they have about biased moderation ("biased" meaning silence_kit said something stupid and was punished) and they are absolutely not interested in the conversation at hand, it's all meta forums politics and/or an excuse to get mad about internet

• Locked thread