Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Okay, let me get this straight, I'm now racist because I banned somebody trying to scare people into thinking we have their CC information, which is a complete lie made up just to get people freaked out. A person who admitted to running MySQL attacks against our forums (which all failed, by the way). But those reasons were not justification for a ban, so obviously it's because I'm racist.

Did I miss anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

WampaLord posted:

An entire QCS thread I started that prompted some decent discussion about the unjust and unfair punishments black posters got.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3796594
I'd first like to determine how I'm personally racist for banning some lying idiot who was trying to scare people into thinking their private information was public and not safe here.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

WampaLord posted:

Any other poster is wrong about something - discussion ensues

A black poster is wrong about something - banned and Lowtax himself shows up to refute him. I wanted to post this in the BWM thread but I figure I'd get probated/banned for saying it.

You have to realize framing it that way kind of ends the conversation.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
You people do realize you're posting in one of the most liberal sub forums on the internet, one which has resulted in our entire forum being branded SJWs for over a decade, and you're complaining about some secret alt right racist moderation conspiracy, right?

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

WampaLord posted:

Look, I'm just some goon who likes these forums and would like them to improve.

I made a suggestion once that we add a black mod to D&D. That suggestion got a prominent thread gassed. I don't know how to help and every time I reply to you I'm terrified of getting banned because of the situation.

Obviously you'd probably rather do anything else, but please read or at least skim that thread I linked.
I'm sorry but I have never once asked or looked into our questioned the ethnicity of anybody on the forums, either mod or admin or user. I do not see how skin color is more important that personal views or qualifications regarding the forums.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Fluffdaddy posted:

This thread was created because white posters of D&D could not handle black posters posting about the black perspective on America and its politics, so we got shuffled off to our little hood.

I don't care about Negromancer's ban because he was being dumb about CCs, but why do we have to be shuffled away for posting while black.
I have no clue who's black, who's posting where or why, or even what the gently caress "posting while black" means. poo poo, it's a loving internet forum on a goddamn comedy website.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

the white hand posted:

have you ever had a real job
Yeah, I've been a full-time babysitter for going on 17 years now.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Koalas March posted:

It's this. We are, in exmarx's own words, contained here, yet we are still deumanized and bombarded with racism.

A white poster even started a qcs thread to address it, because it was that bad. Literally started a thread that black posters had nothing to do with, because it became so blatant. We are even punished harder than other posters for calling out racism.

I report racists in here and the misogynoir thread and at worst they get sixers, yet if one of us gets "uppity" we get 3 days at the very least. And on top of it you have posters running around mad because they want tocall people niggers saying we can't take a joke. It's not a joke.

Anybody using the word niggers should be banned, no questions asked. Please show me any examples of it and I will personally ban them.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

signalnoise posted:

The fact that the sentiment exists should be reason enough to address it in my opinion.

Okay, then nominate a black poster who has a good posting history and would make a reliable and fair mod, and I'll mod them. Like I said, I don't look into race when moderating people, but it's apparently a big deal for your all, so I have no problem with letting race determine who mods your sub forum.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Who What Now posted:

Lowtax, what are you hoping the end result is going to be here?

Listening to what you people have to say and, while personally disagreeing with the notion behind it, letting you have what you want. Tell me which black person would make a good mod and I will mod them.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

the white hand posted:

poo poo, it almost sounded like a principle when you said that you weren't going to look into ethnicity, no surprise you walked it back I guess

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
wow you are really the worst

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Okay I will make Koala's March a mod then.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

WampaLord posted:

Hey, thank you.

I know you hate dealing with poo poo like this and I get it. You have a family you'd rather be spending time with.

But this helps. Maybe only a little, but it helps.
I don't hate dealing with poo poo like this, but I do hate it when people tell me what I think or believe. Like your comment about me not seeing race in posters; I don't. The threads I read are the entertaining ones, and debating politics is not interesting to me, so race hardly ever comes into play in my mind when I'm reading threads. While I don't personally agree with your belief that skin color should be a factor in moderating, and I honestly don't agree with a lot of the prevailing beliefs here, I don't have any problem accepting the fact that people can believe and interpret things in a different way, and if that includes choosing a mod based on skin color, then so be it. Not a big deal.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

WampaLord posted:

I know, right? I thought for sure I was gonna get banned.

Believe it or not, but I actually try to be reasonable about things. That's why I'm loathed by both the right and left.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Its not that race should be a determining factor in and of itself, it's that race has an impact on a person's life experiences and necessarily gives them a different view on the world. If a large enough group of posters feel like that view is marginalized, and it's not insane or unreasonable to accommodate them, you should maybe try to make it represented among the mod staff if for no other reason than because it will help remove the idea that the mods are institutionally against them.
I understand that, which is why I did it.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
I do not understand why a 30-day probation was warranted for this reply, so I have un-probated them. Obviously the user has a history of stirring poo poo up (39 probations!!!), but I do not see how this reply alone deserved such punishment.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

DrPaper posted:

Also Lowtax, when are the other races gonna get their own mods for D&D?
Whenever they ask. I will be fair and honor / mod any race or ethnicity that feels they aren't represented here, as long as a group of you feel the same way, they have a good post history, and I do not believe they will abuse their mod powers.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
dont gently caress with debt

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

He's telling a lot of lies in QCS so I would like to reiterate that he demodded five people because they made jokes while explaining a joke to him. He demanded they spend days explaining that image, and they weren't groveling 100% of the time, so now they're gone.

A few months from now forums lore is going to be that KM was a "black supremacist" who kept white boys chained up to whip for fun. Remember that whenever you hear rumors about how awful any other non whitedude mod was. This is how it works.
You're insane.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Koalas March posted:

I would like to add we were all very respectful to Lowtax when trying to explain things like context and punching down and how reverse racism is not a thing and black people are not a monolith.
Yes you were very respectful when you informed me that not every single black person in the world thinks and believes and acts in the same way. I had never been aware of that fact until you brought it up, and it in no way felt condescending and unnecessary.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

My life is happier than yours in every possible way :)
Uh... congrats?

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

biracial bear for uncut posted:

This is all very confusing, how are you making tone arguments with any degree of sincerity given the long history of being sarcastic and disrespectful any time you want to post about something?
I'm not getting the point you're trying to make here or how those two quote of mine related to each other.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

420 Gank Mid posted:

Maybe instead of lashing out you could ask yourself why it isnt obvious to everyone else that you feel this way?
Uh, run that by me again please? Because it sounds like you're asking me to meet some burden of proof to convince people I'm not racist before I can say or do anything that involves race.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

seiferguy posted:

I'm still confused... is the real reason really over that satirical image that even most white people find funny? Or was there an issue with how KM modded? The only real thing I would see people having an issue with was her mass probation in the feminism thread, for all the people who wouldn't stop talking about watching smut on a bus which was a real dumb and creepy derail. Orprobating people that were asked multiple times to leave either the misogynoir / negrotown threads. I'm trying to assume good faith here and not jump to the conclusion of "she made white people feel uncomfortable", because I hadn't really seen any "opinion silencing" probations.
The people claiming it's all just because of that image are full of it. If she posted that image but I thought she was a good mod and agreed with her mod decisions, I'd let it slide. I, however, do not think her general actions in D&D reflect positively on the forum as a whole.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Dexo posted:

I dunno, I think you saying stuff about if a mod should be posting a meme and obvious joke as proof of a massive bias in modding rather than her probating drive by poo poo posters(at least here I can't speak to her other probations) that are obviously just driveby trolling the thread.
If you'd like to nominate another mod, I'd be up for it. I don't want the drive-bys here either.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

If you want proof that it was really all about the image, just look at how several other low-key mods were demodded at the same time. Who was complaining about their moderating style? They were so chill I'd never even heard of most of them, yet they get sent down coincidentally at the exact same time they help KM explain a joke to the comedy forum administrator.
Okay dude, you win, it was all about the image. I'm still mad about the image. I punched a hole in my drywall I'm so mad. I have white rage. I just tipped over a very small desk.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Everything I've read from TB has been garbage.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Is an Activist Mod like an Activist Judge?

Also unban Negromancer and make him admin.

Edit: resurrect Malcolm X
Heh, when I called Steadfast they were shocked, let me post the email they sent me about that nut:

quote:

Karl Zimmerman

We definitely appreciate the information and will certainly be in touch with him. He has not worked here in years and I can assure you our hiring practices now are much more stringent.

Then I wanted to assure you that we have documentation and policies to control all of the activity he is mentioning and go through extensive auditing for HIPAA, SOC, and SSAE16, which include a lot on customer data security. Data security is extremely important to us and we’re always reviewing and updating our policies and procedures.

Karl Zimmerman
Founder & CEO, Steadfast

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

420 Gank Mid posted:

You getting mad at KM for giving you a brief primer on race
I wasn't aware I was mad. What did I say or do to make you think I was mad?

I can only say so many times that this wasn't about race, it wasn't about an image, it was about an overall disagreement with how I felt she was representing the forum.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Koalas March posted:

How did you feel I was representing the forum?
I felt like you were making it even more insular and much less conducive to discussion.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Trabisnikof posted:

And yet you just banned TB
He wasn't contributing to discussion, he was trying to post digs at me.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Sorry, like before, I don't know or care about the skin color or genders of people on here (then you guys started making fun of me with the "I DONT SEE SKIN COLOR" references)

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

Isn't "I don't see skin color" right up there with "I'm not racist, but..."?
Okay let me repeat this again: I DO NOT KNOW WHAT ETHNICITY OR GENDER PEOPLE ARE ON HERE BECAUSE I DO NOT ASK AND WHEN PEOPLE BUY AN ACCOUNT, I DO NOT REQUIRE THEM TO INFORM ME OF THEIR RACE, SKIN COLOR, SEXUALITY, GENDER, ETC ETC. All I see is the person's avatar. It is literally impossible for me to determine the race or gender of a person unless it's revealed in a post of theirs I have read. "I don't see skin color" is 100% true here because THERE IS NO RULE REQUIRING PEOPLE TO PREFACE EVERY POST WITH THEIR SKIN COLOR.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

FYI that person never posts here and was just trolling you
But that person was echoing a similar sentiment I've seen in this thread repeatedly.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Okay how about this: Negrotown can have its own subforum, and KM can mod it.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Okay cool, I have zero problems with that, I'll do it now.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

WeAreTheRomans posted:

:toot:

But also, banning TB was pretty weak. We're not in a recession right now, you can't be hurting for :10bux: that bad
I don't appreciate folks just trying to troll me when I'm attempting to have a legit discussion.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
WELCOME TO YOUR NEW HOME!

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Fluffdaddy posted:

no wait.

This is just going to blow up into more stupid forum drama later.
Nah, I seriously have no issue with it.

botany posted:

i'm just absolutely loving the fact that the great solution to the problems within these forums is to literally segregate the black posters :classiclol:
oh poo poo, I didn't even look at it that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Fluffdaddy posted:

This is a really bad idea, but hey, you're the boss.
When I suggested it, people seemed to like the idea.

• Locked thread