Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Dexo posted:

Wait who isn't a fan of Mulatto people?

Oh, some folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

negromancer posted:

As in, take me for instance.

I have zero inclination to date outside of my race. To me having a shared cultural bond is very very important, and I don't want to have to explain central parts of me to someone ("what's understood doesn't have to be explained").

That being said, as I climb the corporate ladder, it becomes increasingly white, and white women look at black men in that situation different than black women.

To a black woman, I'm still a black man first and foremost, and they have a wildly different cultural upbringing than white women, so my income or career path isn't really a motivating factor when it comes to dating. White women, it absolutely is. A man in his late 20s already making 6 figures is a catch for a white woman in corporate America, and my race for a lot of them becomes secondary.

Also, white women have ZERO shame in the workplace in my experience of approaching men and going after what they want, though black women culturally are still stuck in this mindset of "a man must come to me and recognize my greatness", though that gameplan statistically will not work in their favor whatsoever.

That's just my observations from corporate America.

Don't you think this is a little overly broad? I mean your interests are your interests, but there are plenty of clueless black women out there, about cultural experiences or anything else.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Talmonis posted:

Sorry, I'm gone.

Ha, fragility.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
This is getting into pick-up artist theorizing territory.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

negromancer posted:

It's really not. It's talking about how people don't realize that things change because their environment changed, and how that affects their dating lives and availability of people they are interested in.

You get dudes who go from growing up around virtually all black people, to going to college, to then a workplace with all white people, move to a white neighborhood, and then go "where all the black women at, they must not like me for x,y, and z", when they don't realize they just are around a LOT less black people on the whole.

It's trying to extrapolate your limited experience to "black women date like this, white women date like this" and expecting a pass for it.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

negromancer posted:

Except...literally black women matchmakers talk about how its a persistent issue in their black women clients, I literally posted a video of just that.

Black women matchmakers are no authority on anything but self-aggrandizement.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

negromancer posted:

when I go hunting

OK I was kind of messing with you about the PUA thing but I'm not anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

negromancer posted:

AINT NOTHING WRONG WITH A BLACK MAN THAT GOES HUNTING SIR.

Me and my Nigerian homegirl go deer hunting with bows every year. It's LIT.

Oh, hunting hunting LOL. Never mind

• Locked thread