Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Koalas March posted:

I'm torn between dragging this anonymous moron and just being like "lmao nobody tell them" because it's super apparent they have not read this or the misogynoir thread.

like holy poo poo I didn't realize saying "black women should not wait and pine for specific men who clearly do not want them" with a gif would be so polarizing

yikes

I doubt they really think this, it's just TIC style "extrapolate racism out of everything someone says involving race"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Not a Children posted:

Nobody thinks about your dick as much as you do. Full stop.

FTFY

This is the quickest way to get over your own poo poo. Realize no one cares because they're worrying about their poo poo.

Negromancer has a great post about sweatpants in UPOL october if you need any more info tho, tal.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Excuse me but that is a black character.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

I didn't even know this was a thing.

It's how I got unprobed for my (superior to exmarx's in every) election thread.

Edit- woops. Sorry to poo poo up negrotown with my white nonsense. ;)

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 9, 2016

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Holy poo poo I hope any of you are reading the election thread and reporting the incredible amounts of shittery going on because I'm out.

I should register an alt.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Nov 10, 2016

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah, the Olympic, the ship that was switched with the Titanic and purposefully sunk for the insurance money.

I'm not sure where you're going with that...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Costa_Concordia_disaster

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

McCloud posted:

So what this can be summed up as is this:
Prisoners are owned by private corporations, and the rich use prisoners to siphon money for their own needs. I thought as much, just figured I'd confirm my suspicions.

Don't forget that the rich have successfully convinced everyone else that they too could one day become rich, so it would be ridiculous to do things like expect them to take less profit and hire people at real wages. No, they would have to pass the costs on to the consumer.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Teikanmi posted:

Is this where I post this?

Ohio voters, ladies and gentlemen.

I assume that's a different Keith Scott?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Uncle Jam posted:

Yeah and you roll back to the base of the problem. The white privilege is that when the conversation becomes uncomfortable the white option to completely disengage from it and live their life out with no penalty exists. Never ever crossing the mind again, an inconvenience lower than ones shoe coming untied on a sunny day.

In a twisted way, at least people dealing angry retorts back out recognize that division exists.

Sometimes they can even make the black people go away if they feel they aren't being sufficiently allowed to ignore the conversation. That's how this thread started.

:smith:

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Chad Coleman is in every goddamn thing. I don't think anyone is gonna flame you for not having seen it but you should go watch it, it's worth the time.

negromancer posted:

YES!

This is why I haven't watched it. Far too many white people like it for me to watch it.

This is certainly an opinion I'd be interested in hearing more about though technically off topic for the thread.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Dec 23, 2016

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Gringostar posted:

Hi.

I was making a joke.

And yes I know it was rearranged by Foster at the request of Costner.

The reason that white people stealing culture from black people is ironically funny is the same reason any joke whose premise relies on a black person stealing something from a white person isn't funny.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

The mods in this forum don't give a gently caress about any type of minority. They've pulled this bullshit with black threads and they're doing the same to queer threads now too. They moved the trans thread to byob and gave us an IK who can only enforce rules inside that thread. Meanwhile any time I wander into GBS I see someone posting a picture of a trans woman and there will be at least ten unpunished responses saying "she's a man". I've PMd FactsAreUseless about this issue a number of times, pointing out that a bunch of cis mods can't possibly understand the coded language that is used to attack trans people and each time he promptly drops the conversation.

SA is never going to change until we actually have mods that represent its minority groups and that's never going to happen because the moderators are a good ole boys club.

Don't forget the rotating threads for making fun of women for being overweight! :smith:

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
He said that he has worked with Sessions and has respect for Sessions he does not think, based on Sessions record, that Sessions will deliver equal justice for all citizens.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Or Passion

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I'm a boring person with a boring job. I nominate myself.

KM was doing a good job and if she made mistakes maybe they could be discussed and she could do better? I didn't see the whole thing about it.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Invisible Handjob posted:

you all

obviously I won't be participating here I'm just wishing you a good start

Why not?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Invisible Handjob posted:

I don't disagree, i just think this is a great overall solution

hell if there was a thread discussing historical and current discrimination facing Asian Americans that went beyond the misogynistic white men steal all our women poo poo you find on reddit I'd probably happily contribute to it

it's more than emblematic of forums issues, it's an issue in the society as a whole and it's not going to be fixed just by snapping your fingers though

the reality is you can either have constant conflict and derails of the threads every few pages in D&D, or actually make progress discussing poo poo you care about in here. it's not fair but that's how it is

This isn't the first time you've brought up the idea of a thread about Asian peoples why not :justpost:

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

PupsOfWar posted:

If you want this to be a serious forum for race discussion (rather than, less charitably, a means of getting PoC posters out of d&d proper because some admins and mods find them troublesome and don't want to go through the trouble of culling racists from the ostensibly comedic remainder of the forum), why not allow the people who are interested in race discussion to moderate it the way they know, based on experience, it needs to be moderated?

You profess to be mostly uninterested in the forums' political drama, and want your forum to be chill and on-brand. Having already created a distinct subspace for segregating this kind of discussion, why not leave it to the people who are interested in it, and who have more stake in it?

Well, it's his website. At a guess, he doesn't want to be the guy who made the racist place on his website where white people are second class citizens. Even if that's a completely stupid thing for people to say, they will.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Trunko posted:

Have black people in the states ever thought to try whining less?

How would this help?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I would volunteer for an IK position if nobody objects (I do think there should be more than just one simply to help with the amount of traffic this sub-forum will have, though).

I do but that's only because I can't tell you apart from other posters with the same avatar.

I'm racist against cum lovin animes

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Koalas March posted:

Also we have been satirizing a lot of racism against black people and people are really salty about it because of white fragility and the fact we're on a comedy forum that recognizes neither irony or satire.

Man it's almost like it sucks to be profiled and targeted for something you have no control over? Oh wait nevermind, that's right no one is forcing them to come here and poo poo post.

Let me tell you about how the real racism is your kill whitey strikethrough joke.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
This is why I hated every white person who brought up "superpredators"

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

nudejedi posted:

I have often wondered if there was an opposite, similarly held belief among Muslim soldiers versus Christians.

There's something extra gross about wanting to gently caress over someone's afterlife that you don't even believe in anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
That's a truly horrendous av.

I got bored and checked who was browing NT. I bet it was the fyad guy. Or one of the 0 post lurkers. :)

• Locked thread