Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

McAlister posted:

Serious:

So a lot of problems have been caused by economic policies that were crafted to discriminate without coming out and saying it.

Would it be possible to craft policies aimed to benefit communities of color disproportionately without coming out and saying it?

Republicans have been very successful in suppressing the economic, democratic and social outcomes of PoC in the US under laws that have been deemed as acceptable by courts. Unless amenable judges are in place I would assume the opposite of the progress you want is possible through the current legal system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Not on this list: Dangerous Minds and all its bullshit knockoffs.

I went to go work for the first lady of Nigeria in her elementary school in 2012-2013. She called me Michelle Pfeiffer the whole time. poo poo was weird.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Doc Hawkins posted:

Errm...

I'm just gonna tell myself you're making a Juno meta-joke.

There's also John Q. which iirc has Denzel chaining the doors of a hospital

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

edit alright

i say swears online fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Nov 20, 2016

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/betsy-devos-hbcu-historically-black-colleges-235498

quote:

“HBCUs are real pioneers when it comes to school choice,” DeVos said in the statement, released Monday night in advance of Trump’s planned signing of an executive order giving the schools more clout. “They are living proof that when more options are provided to students, they are afforded greater access and greater quality. Their success has shown that more options help students flourish.”

• Locked thread