Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

the_american_dream posted:

Sucks that the offsite drama happening and what appeared to be a pretty cool (black woman?!?!) mod being demodded is what it took for me to find this subforum :/. Glad that its here though and I have a lot of reading to catch up on :)

Well, to be fair, the subforum literally didn't exist until said event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

There sure are some racist Star Trek fans who are unhappy about the cast of the new series. :gonk:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

What in the hell do those posts mean?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Koalas March posted:

Kale (the poster) was making GBS threads up the Trump thread last night

Kale (the veggie) is heavily associated with Whole Foods.

Ahhh, okay.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Comments talk about latinx equivalents, I'd like to add Chinese, too. Less about bringing food, but God drat the mah jongg game that inevitably breaks out...

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Well this was loving awful to read.

https://www.therecorddelta.com/article/i-asked-my-4-year-old-son-why-he-hates-daycare-and-his-answer-was-heartbreaking

Opening line: "Last night my 4-year-old, Isaac, told me he hated his skin color."

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Koalas March posted:

I had a similar conversation with my step sister. She is younger than me, and it was pretty heartbreaking at the time. Tbh it still is, because she hasnt changed at all. :(

I'm really not looking forward to having to talk to my son about what others' perceptions might be/mean. He's half asian, but...still. :smith:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Koalas March posted:

I'm sorry, I can't imagine what that's like. I am sure you'll do great tho :)

Every day I am happier (tho ok, sometimes sad) that I never had kids.

Truth to tell, I can't imagine it yet either.

Yeah one of the worst parts of having kids right now is the state of the world we're bringing them into, and I say that without a bit of irony, including all the sleep dep and diapers.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Wait, boiling meat is a thing?

I thought that was a joke about white northerners doing unholy things with their food like putting sugar on grits.

Brits do it a lot. Actually there's some ways to cook ribs chinese-style where you boil shortribs and then do stuff to them, but that's a little different.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Forceholy posted:

Well, some motherfuckers always be trying to skate uphill, you guys.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Oh fuckin hell is this thread broken too?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

A bunch of other long threads that ZDR had posted in had this issue; he randomly deleted all of his posts (accidentally, according to lowtax) and it severely hosed those threads.

The solution, so far, has been to remake the thread.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

I just posted about it earlier this page. ZDR, an admin, did something fucky in the db, deleted all his posts, and now a bunch of threads died/were reborn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Though it's weird this wasn't a problem here until now; maybe someone ELSE got deleted recently?

• Locked thread