Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
Taylor exchanging jerseys with Kam Chancellor :glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Shangri-Law School posted:

Alright, Mt. Rainier, I'll give you two hours to let the Bills clear out.

You really think they deserve to?

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Good god we're gonna get thrashed by the Pats next week

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/cover1bills/status/795850386406047744

Sweeper posted:

Sherman decked a dude in the end zone there

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Manoueverable posted:

https://twitter.com/SBNationGIF/status/795851094740103168

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Manoueverable posted:

lol watch the Seahawks light up the Pats 38-3 then go back to struggling to win 21-17 vs like the Ravens or something.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
At least this was a better game than our last primetime game!

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

hot drat

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

seiferguy posted:

At least this was a better game than our last primetime game!

The last game was the best football that's ever been broadcast on television.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Qwijib0 posted:

hot drat

Ref standing right there, I assume the ball was already in the air? No way they can gently caress it up that big, right? Right?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Schwack posted:

Ref standing right there, I assume the ball was already in the air? No way they can gently caress it up that big, right? Right?

Yeah think the refs deserve the benefit of the doubt in this game

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

The next time a seahawk bitches about officiating, this entire game should be shoved down their throat until they choke on it :colbert:

I'm saying this while still being angry as hell that Rex Ryan has not been shot into the sun.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

fsif posted:

Yeah think the refs deserve the benefit of the doubt in this game

https://twitter.com/Cianaf/status/795851758497132544
https://twitter.com/Cianaf/status/795852270831288320

So yeah, QB out of pocket. Legal play.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I'm so sorry, Bills fans. Now we're hosed-by-officiating-in-Seattle buddies. :(

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Qwijib0 posted:

seahawks takin' timeouts like a score is imminent

It loving worked.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Schwack posted:

So yeah, QB out of pocket. Legal play.

drat, but I've already frothed myself up into a rage

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

fsif posted:

You learn new rules every day

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Just imagine how good the Seahawks could be if they could manage more than 70 offensive yards in one half!

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Wowzers

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Well, if the zebras had made the correct call at the end of the half they could have kicked to tie...

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/795851197286612992

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

fsif posted:

https://twitter.com/Cianaf/status/795853352127070209

Dude actually wrote about it 3 years ago. He's a pro as heck follow imo

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Skwirl posted:

It loving worked.

I mean, no thanks to that though?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Could be accurate but that dude also makes his living with unfalsifiable hot takes

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Good.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Just wait 'til Cian blocks you.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Schwack posted:

Death to the Seahawks forever.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I believe that is the rule and a smart play from Sherman (which also didn't meaningfully affect the game, because Tyrod was not looking over there anyway), but I'm just shocked this is the first I've ever heard of it

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Shangri-Law School posted:

Just wait 'til Cian blocks you.

I don't tweet weird, crazy poo poo at strangers so I think I'm OK

fsif posted:

I believe that is the rule and a smart play from Sherman (which also didn't meaningfully affect the game, because Tyrod was not looking over there anyway), but I'm just shocked this is the first I've ever heard of it

Same

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Cian suuuuucks but he's actually right here for a change, but it's a lovely rule that flies in the face of anything resembling sensible play.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Isn't that only within 5 yards, though

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Wonder if Rex will get fined for criticizing officiating?

He's relatively laid back and just answering questions, but he did say ridiculous a couple of times and flat out said they were wrong.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Even without that there seemed to be a foul against woods too smh

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

Wonder if Rex will get fined for criticizing officiating?

He's relatively laid back and just answering questions, but he did say ridiculous a couple of times and said they were wrong.

I mean according to the league they were wrong. It's an odd line to walk.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Even without that there seemed to be a foul against woods too smh

You can call holding on every play etc

Sherman saying he knew he was offsides, but also knew that if he kicked it and it was good it counted, so he attempted a block

Not sure I'm buyin what he's sellin here

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Schwack posted:

You can call holding on every play etc

True, and the standard the crew set earlier would suggest there ought to have been a call

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
The kicker wasn't actually hurt though, right. They spiked the ball ball and brought him out to kick the next one, which he made, then there was another bullshit penalty that invalidated that. Call out the bullshit penalties, but stop claiming Sherman tried to kill the kicker when you know he's a good enough player that if he wanted to snap off someone's kneecap he could've.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Skwirl posted:

The kicker wasn't actually hurt though, right. They spiked the ball ball and brought him out to kick the next one, which he made, then there was another bullshit penalty that invalidated that. Call out the bullshit penalties, but stop claiming Sherman tried to kill the kicker when you know he's a good enough player that if he wanted to snap off someone's kneecap he could've.

I will take the utterly insane position that Sherman is not a 'good enough player' to injure people at will. Dude made a dangerous play, luckily no one was hurt even if the guy did go full soccer player rolling around on the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/ThomasGower/status/795853012900179968

• Locked thread