Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

shiksa posted:

what the gently caress happened to jake long, anyway? was it a bunch of injuries that cumulated in him sucking or something?

Yeah as far as I can tell his body just said 'gently caress this I'm out' and he was never even close to good again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

I'm excited to see how Caldwell manages to pull a Schwartz and clench defeat from the jaws of victory with regards to a terrible and collapsing NFC North.

I know Cooter gets a lot of praise for Stafford's recent dominance, but Caldwell honestly probably has a lot to do with it as well.

Somehow?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
The Lions winning their division would actually fit in with this year's theme of "How the gently caress did that finally happen?"...

...leave it to the Browns to be completely immune to this effect though.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I think it's too early to think the Lions will win the NFCN but things are definitely trending that way. If they win their next two games which is certainly possible (Jags at home and then Vikings on Thanksgiving) then I'll start to get excited.

Of course, I've also resigned myself to the Packers somehow knocking them out of the title slot in Week 17 and me burning everything around me.

whypick1 posted:

The Lions winning their division would actually fit in with this year's theme of "How the gently caress did that finally happen?"...

Except their Week 17 game is on 1/1/2017 :negative: Maybe that means they will lock it up in Week 16!

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The division is completely collapsing and the Lions get to play the Jags at home. This is the perfect time for them to lose pathetically.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

Honestly the two man sack play wasn't a bad play by him.

There's 9 guys in coverage, his line lets both of the rushers through immediately. There's nothing you can do in that situation.

you could escape from the 2-man pressure if you weren't a fuckin' immobile statue

Hack being a bad QB isn't just because he can't throw, it's that he can't do anything

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Hizawk posted:

I know Cooter gets a lot of praise for Stafford's recent dominance, but Caldwell honestly probably has a lot to do with it as well.

Somehow?

He's been much better with game day decisions lately, and his complete lack of emotion seems to have rubbed off onto Stafford.

I know that Randy Edsall and another assistant have been helping with clock management, so props to Bob Quinn there.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I'd rather have the Lions win the division than the Vikings. GB can't beat anyone at this point.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
N: 47 points

V: packers lmao

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Metapod posted:

N: 47 points

V: packers lmao
They're so terrible. The defense is the worst it has been in ages, and it manages to get worse every week.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Lions are winning the super bowl remember

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Leon Einstein posted:

They're so terrible. The defense is the worst it has been in ages, and it manages to get worse every week.

gently caress the packers, hth

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Miko back at it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

whypick1 posted:

I've seen people say for so many years that the Browns would never go 0-16 because they'd always luck into at least a few wins, thus ruining their draft position. Them going 0-16 this year, also the same year Cleveland got a championship and came a few outs away from another, just feels right.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

Miko back at it.

... I'm turgid...

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

wandler20 posted:

Miko back at it.

hahahaha

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

wandler20 posted:

Miko back at it.

Miko Grimes for First Take.

Let's make ESPN great again.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Wait... what happened, why does Miko Grimes sound reasonable to me?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

whypick1 posted:

The answer to that question is "The Packers became bad enough to lose to the Titans"

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Chilichimp posted:

gently caress the packers, hth

48-21

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Chilichimp posted:

Wait... what happened, why does Miko Grimes sound reasonable to me?

She has moments of clarity like this and other times she's a homophobic, anti Semitic horrible human being

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

She has moments of clarity like this and other times she's a homophobic, anti Semitic horrible human being

So... secretary of.... labor?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Kalli posted:

So... secretary of.... labor?

:sad:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Sweet. I didn't want SNF after a long weekend anyways.

https://twitter.com/RLiuNFL/status/798227756840525825

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chiefs vs Broncos in primetime twice this year.

Daaaaang.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Jags sell opposing team merchandise in their own stadium.

https://twitter.com/BoldCityCap/status/797894336717287425?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
It does make sense though that the Lions would rise to the top of the NFC North on literally the only week of the season they didn't have a chance to beat themselves.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Oh Bears...this season needs to mercifully end for you.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/798258487163781122

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Meanwhile in LA...

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/798257738061004800

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

weird Asian candy posted:

Oh Bears...this season needs to mercifully end for you.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/798258487163781122

4: Other

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Supposedly a seizure.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Congratulations to the 7-9 Vikings or 7-9 Lions on their 2016 NFC North championship.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Lions vs Raiders Super Bowl Lets Do It

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Good luck in your impending free agency Alshon.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
GOOD THING WE HAVE THIS HERE KEVIN WHITE!

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
Come to the Seahawks Ashlon and jump for balls all day long

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Alshon come home

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
More like.......

:lol:shon.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Sweeper posted:

Come to the Seahawks Ashlon and jump for balls all day long

If we could choose a Bear I'd rather have Kyle "White Power" Long on the team.

Spoeank posted:

More like.......

:lol:shon.

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling