Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I'd have less trouble believing that if he actually extended his arms, like someone who was making an effort to block a kick.

Sherman is deliberately putting his shoulder into the kicker's planted knee with no visible effort made regarding the ball.

And the whole whistle/hearing thing is BS. You know when you're offsides, here's the first clue: the ball wasn't snapped yet. Here's the second clue: the offensive line hasn't moved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Sorry, I just posted that in the GDT and decided it would be better served here.

Lots of blocked kicks end with a kicker falling on his rear end. :shrug:

nobody aims right at where the ball is placed because it's physically impossible to get there before the ball is gone. stuff happens quick so maybe he wasn't actually thinking "let me blow this guys knee out" but he had to be thinking "something is wrong here". 7 out of 10 burficts

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Chichevache posted:

Lots of blocked kicks end with a kicker falling on his rear end. :shrug:

Almost none involve you hitting the kicker's plant leg knee with your back.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sherman saw the 49ers use the rules to take points off the board and thought "Hey I can top that"

But for real just admit it was dirty, Seahawks fans, it doesn't mean you have to choose a new team

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I wonder what Carpenter did to make Sherman want to destroy his knee.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

if dirty is just to mean, "stupid and dangerous" instead of, "malicious" then maybe

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Chichevache posted:

I wonder what Carpenter did to make Sherman want to destroy his knee.

Try to kick a field goal that would help the opposing team win in a situation where Sherman could get at his knee due to his quick start.

Sherman's actually a serial knee rupturer but just doesn't get the chance because he adheres to the off side rules more strictly on most kicking plays.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Nov 8, 2016

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tweak posted:

if dirty is just to mean, "stupid and dangerous" instead of, "malicious" then maybe

"no, no, make the hoop bigger until i can jump through it properly"

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Intruder posted:

Sherman saw the 49ers use the rules to take points off the board and thought "Hey I can top that"

But for real just admit it was dirty, Seahawks fans, it doesn't mean you have to choose a new team

It was pretty dirty, yeah

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Chichevache posted:

Sure, it should have been a penalty.

Other Hawks fans on the board, quote this if you agree and we can all move on and not talk about this tomorrow.

Like this isn't gonna get brought up forever anyway

It was dirty but since Richard isn't known for dirty play I'm not willing to call him a piece of poo poo yet.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Nov 8, 2016

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm not pleased that The Bengals are facing the incredible NFC East twice in a row but there's going to be a tie this coming mondey

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

that would have been nuts if that was a 4th down too since they had to spike it

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Cavauro posted:

i'm not pleased that The Bengals are facing the incredible NFC East twice in a row but there's going to be a tie this coming mondey

At least the Bengals get a second bye in week 16

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a. for being out of the playoff race

b. for a guaranteed loss so why show up

c. because you don't feel good about the sweet Texans

???

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Well the Texans will be in the playoff race because lol the AFCS but yeah the Texans stink and the Bengals weaknesses require a good QB to exploit so welp

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Well I meant those reasons reflecting negatively on the Bengals rather than Houston's team, as the texans have quite a load of potential, some would say

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Texans are good pretty much everywhere except QB and oh poo poo turns out QB is kind of important and they managed to downgrade from Hoyer/Mallett/Weeden/Yates which is quite the loving accomplishment

Imagine having a worse QB than Blaine Gabbert. That's the Texans

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Sorry about Brock bro

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

On the plus side Kevin Johnson didn't need surgery so maybe he gets recalled from IR which would prevent the Texans from maybe loving up the rest of Watt's career by recalling him after his second back surgery in six months

e: Let's be real though, the second Watt was done for the season was the second this season ended for this team regardless of Brock's crapitude. At least next year we get the NFCW and AFCN so Browns, Rams, 49ers and Ravens. Combine that with an AFCS schedule and it should be 10 wins if you account for a fluke win or two. If they lose the division to the Colts or Titans we probably get the Dolphins or Bills from the east which is a potential win if we're lucky. The Chiefs or Broncos will likely destroy us though

Intruder fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Nov 8, 2016

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i want to give up only a mere 350 passing yards to eli manning, soon, rather than what will happen. well goodbye for now, good folks

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Please don't get your hopes up about your secondary when you hold Osweiler to 180 yards with 2 picks and a TD

This forum needs a "Did you know?" feature

Did you know?: I once gave the benefit of the doubt and thought Osweiler would be above average

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
so apparently DJ Fluker played yesterday with a severe eye infection that swelled his right eye completely shut and had to get it drained directly after the game

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh hey, remember when the 9ers intentionally held everyone on that play before the half? Pats Pulpit is here to tell you all about how this is somehow evidence of a conspiracy against New England:

quote:

Remember, stuff like this is only a disgrace to the game when Bill Belichick does it. If he had had his cornerbacks deliberately hold to force a late field goal, Brady would probably be sitting out another four games right now. There would be an entire block of time on all the networks dedicated to the Patriots once again pushing the rulebook to the limit.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Nov 8, 2016

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Bad Moon posted:

Like this isn't gonna get brought up forever anyway

Yeah. That catch was, and still is, beautiful!

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

Oh hey, remember when the 9ers intentionally held everyone on that play before the half? Pats Pulpit is here to tell you all about how this is somehow evidence of a conspiracy against New England:

Hahaha what is this retarded bullshit

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Bill Dungsroman posted:

Hahaha what is this retarded bullshit

The second worst fandom in the NFL.

Edit

VVVV

He should receive a fine for flopping.

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Nov 8, 2016

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Kicker flopped like he was playing soccer and people got extra sad. That was the best part of Sherman hitting the dumb kicker.

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014
My favorite football games are ones decided by poor officiating. I wish i would have watched Monday night.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
sherman/carpenter is unforgivable. just an absolutely dirty play and it's completely hosed he wasn't flagged

edit: originally posted video of sherman hitting a guy in the endzone, but i see that was discussed already

whatis fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Nov 8, 2016

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

It isn't actually a penalty. It's at worst a clever exploitation of the rules.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/MikeTanier/status/795958671628976129

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

hifi posted:

this is a badass article, read it instead of thinking critically about football http://www.theplayerstribune.com/marquette-king-raiders-can-i-kick-it/

This my favorite article from The Players' Tribune ever

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol letter confirmed by Curran.

https://twitter.com/tomecurran/status/795991696232378368

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

blue squares posted:

This my favorite article from The Players' Tribune ever

If I was a raiders fan I'd have a King Jersey solely for this excellent article.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Impossible, he has only said "beautiful" twice in the past three seasons of press conferences or whatever

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

So now all of Belichick's black and non-idiot players have lost all respect for him, think he is a shithead, and the Patriots era of dominance is over

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Basically. Wrap it up Patriotailures.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Lol at anyone who possibly defends Sherman for that

Every player in history who has gone to block a field goal has outstretched their arms in an effort to cover as much space as possible, but Sherman leads with his shoulder like hes going at a WR across the middle. Dirty rear end play and I like Sherman.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

"but he champions liberal causes!!!"

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

blue squares posted:

So now all of Belichick's black and non-idiot players have lost all respect for him, think he is a shithead, and the Patriots era of dominance is over

You mean those players who followed the leadership of their "Make America Great Again"-hat wearing QB?

• Locked thread