Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mr.Citrus posted:

Except the play wasn't dead, and the kicker moves into Sherman. Sherms path is set before the kicker starts to move...

Uh...where exactly do you think the kicker will end up on any field goal attempt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mr.Citrus posted:

Yes.

That's not what the rules said. By the rules, its just offsides, but by all means continue to be mad.

This is not the way that rule has ever been interpreted and the refs are not citing the rule in their defense. It's almost like that wording is in there to prevent a kicker from walking or hopping into a hit after the kick trying to draw a penalty.

Also who cares? The correct call was a late hit unsportsmanlike.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh hey, remember when the 9ers intentionally held everyone on that play before the half? Pats Pulpit is here to tell you all about how this is somehow evidence of a conspiracy against New England:

quote:

Remember, stuff like this is only a disgrace to the game when Bill Belichick does it. If he had had his cornerbacks deliberately hold to force a late field goal, Brady would probably be sitting out another four games right now. There would be an entire block of time on all the networks dedicated to the Patriots once again pushing the rulebook to the limit.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Nov 8, 2016

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Brannock posted:

For anyone who hasn't read it (all.. 40 of you remaining?) http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/07/11/donald-trump-usfl-new-jersey-generals-owner journalistic history of Trump's time as Generals owner

The 30 for 30 is pretty good too.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bad Moon posted:

Oh wow he actually got a piece of the ball before it was kicked. Then it was only an offsideds right? I mean, still holy poo poo looks shady but he actually got the ball.

The NFL was saying the penalty should be a late hit because the play should be dead once he was unabated to the kicker.

Of course the refs hosed up the whistle too, but in a correctly called game at least.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

But seriously why did the refs stand over the ball until like 4 seconds left on the play clock

Like everything else they just hosed up. The delay was because they had to bring in the K ball, which means the play clock should have been reset. It was not.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

Every prime time game this season has had worse ratings then last year's numbers except for Texans - Patriots game in week 3.

Maybe we're just not putting bad enough games into prime time.

Looking at the schedule Raiders/Chiefs and maaaaybe Giants/Eagles are the only good games left for TNF, so maybe we'll see? I guess Saints/Panthers could be ok, Dallas/Minnesota looked good for a while but we're past that, Seahawks Rams will be ugly as hell, Dolphins/Jets should be hilarious at least.

Also Dallas plays on two Thursdays in a row, that's...lucky for them.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

IcePhoenix posted:

So do the Vikings...it's almost like they planned it that way :tinfoil:

I mean it doesn't help the Lions any.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spoeank posted:

But Kaepernick what about the $2 cigarette tax and the two plastic bag taxes what about those Colin they need your attention.

Oh and also the :420: ballot measure

Didn't I see there was a death penalty thing up in California this year? I mean, it seems like something he should have an opinion about.

Well that and weed.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chris James 2 posted:

I love and will miss you guys

Final football post before my perma: may all Pats posters feel at least some shame for this for the rest of their lives, and may Brady and Belihick have miserable suffering lives post-football. Everyone else here, stay safe and I hope our paths cross again somehow someday, preferably in more positive times

Give 10 bucks to RAINN and you don't need to be perma'd. Unless you want to be. There's a thread somewhere or other.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I honestly didn't know Ziggy Hood was still in the league. Also PFF now hates Anthony Sherman after loving him for 2 or 3 years in a row.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

shiksa posted:

RBG is like three hundred years old

And now we hope she lives and wants to work to 304.

In football news Spencer Ware is practicing again which probably means he'll play, Maclin is not.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

BlindSite posted:

People shouldnt spend so much time in vitriolic echo chambers. Maybe then they wont become giant babies about things and get triggered by their paragons of virtuous freedom being smashed on election day.

Also whats going on with the chiefs offense? Is everyone still broken or can I expect the Panthers to come crashing back to the doghouse they were in 3 weeks ago?

That part is like the farthest away from what is going on for most people.

But yeah, Alex Smith is definitely playing. Spencer Ware is practicing which makes me think he's going to play, he passed the concussion protocol and isn't a quarterback so he doesn't get held out a week for no reason (according to the team I mean). Maclin did not practice, and he only got 2 snaps in last week before his groin gave out. It'd suck to not have him around but I almost hope he doesn't play so he can heal up.

I assume Kelce won't be suspended or anything.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

In most games (this year) I'd rather have a healthy Ware than Maclin if you made me choose one, but with the way the Panthers are built/not built not having him hurts. On the other hand he lasted a whole 2 snaps before going out last week, so I'm sure he really needs the time off.

Howard sucks too, I'm not surprised at all that Houston isn't playing though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Thought this was kind of interesting. It's about Dee Ford but it's written by Geoff Schwartz and gives a decent little perspective on what your average guy goes through his first few years. Then he goes into some technical aspects of pass rushing and what Ford seems to be figuring out. Nothing mind blowing but I thought it was a decent read.

If his career is over I hope Schwartz writes more stuff, I think I've seen a couple of other good things from him.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

shiksa posted:

what the gently caress happened to jake long, anyway? was it a bunch of injuries that cumulated in him sucking or something?

Yeah as far as I can tell his body just said 'gently caress this I'm out' and he was never even close to good again.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

Panthers best player to IR

Season over

Through a combination of Chiefs defensive ineptitude and Gano doing just well enough (one decent return?) Lee's injury mattered a lot less than I was hoping it would in that game.

Sucks that he's on IR now though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bad Moon posted:

Also :stonk: Gronk don't get a collapsed lung and die for football

Didn't Witten have something like this that could have killed him a couple of years ago and he refused to sit too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

Kevin Kolb's injury is still one of the worst I've ever heard

I want to make a joke about him slipping on a tarp and ending his career but really, the dude's rib cage was in danger of just peeling away from his sternum and opening up.

• Locked thread