Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Mr.Citrus posted:

Except the play wasn't dead, and the kicker moves into Sherman. Sherms path is set before the kicker starts to move...

the play was blown dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

it's offsides unabated to the quarterback. they blew it dead and gruden literally talked about how sherman didn't hear the whistle

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

gently caress it even says in the tweet embedded after the first paragraph in your stupid link

https://twitter.com/MikePereira/status/795827032378613760

what exactly do you think he means by "the play was shut down"

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

if he didn't know the play clock was at like 5 seconds then why didnt he just not call the penalty???

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

this is a badass article, read it instead of thinking critically about football http://www.theplayerstribune.com/marquette-king-raiders-can-i-kick-it/

quote:

I’m standing back there getting ready for the snap, and I’m so nervous. Then the Cowboys are getting set to rush the punt, and all of a sudden I see one of their linebackers looking at me funny.

He yells out, “Yo, what is this?”

He’s pointing at me. Then he’s waving to his teammates. I’m just confused.

Then he yells, “A black punter? It’s a fake! Yo, it’s a fake!”

I just start laughing. That kills all my nerves, and I finally relax and boom it 57 yards for a fair catch.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Mr.Citrus posted:

ROUGHING/RUNNING INTO THE KICKER

No defensive player may run into or rough a kicker who kicks from behind the line unless such contact:

is incidental to and occurs after the defender has touched the kick in flight
is caused by the kicker’s own motions
occurs during a quick kick or a rugby-style kick
occurs during or after a run behind the line
occurs after the kicker recovers a loose ball on the ground
occurs because a defender is pushed or blocked (causing a change of direction) into the kicker
is the result of a foul by an opponent

have you watched football before this year? that is a completely wrong interpretation of that line.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Mr.Citrus posted:

Yes.

That's not what the rules said. By the rules, its just offsides, but by all means continue to be mad.

have you watched football before this year?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Sorry, I just posted that in the GDT and decided it would be better served here.

Lots of blocked kicks end with a kicker falling on his rear end. :shrug:

nobody aims right at where the ball is placed because it's physically impossible to get there before the ball is gone. stuff happens quick so maybe he wasn't actually thinking "let me blow this guys knee out" but he had to be thinking "something is wrong here". 7 out of 10 burficts

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

that would have been nuts if that was a 4th down too since they had to spike it

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

CyberPingu posted:

America is seriously about to top the UK in Leaving the EU...

On the plus side...this probably means the dollar is going to plummet meaning i can buy poo poo from the US for cheap again.

Sorry TFF bros. Scotland will always welcome you here :smith:

enjoy buying, i don't even know, big dogs t shirts or a bmw x3

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

having sex with my asian wife is definitely some goon first world problems

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

and for all that banner waving about purple texas, arizona got within spitting distance of legal weed after passing medical weed like half a decade ago, raised the min wage, and the percentage between clinton/trump was half of texas'. they need to run someone thats brown and not abuela pendejo that looks like jan brewer

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

incompetent posted:

Thought I was on Something Awful and not Tumblr.

Your previous and only posts in this thread were about trump so I think you actually thought you were on reddit

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

why doesnt he just play mtg online

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

beer with your team on it would be a funny ad to laugh at in idiocracy

• Locked thread