Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

Squashing Machine posted:

This obviously isn't the dying gasp, seeing as they won. Also, it's an easy out to lay the blame at the feet of initial-capped Group I Don't Like but if we want to win future elections we probably should think a little harder.

I don't "dislike white men" or whatever lolsjw's nonsense you're trying to do. They were just overwhelmingly the deciding factor. We should work harder to get white men to vote democrat. But trying to say this is because of Trumps support with women despite women voting for him less than previous republican candidates is just stupid and wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

And that's exactly the attitude that cost us the election. Why bother engaging these people if they're all crazy assholes who will never see reason? Better just exterminate the lot of them, the toads.

Correct. Education reforms might have worked for future elections though.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

corn in the bible posted:

no, no, i am sure all those whites will die in the next 4 years and we can retake the senate and house and save freedom. clinton 2020

This is the death throes of the GOP, as has been everything they have done in the past 12 years, according to my objective analysis.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
One last time I get to do this in a politics thread:

Hail Satan!!!

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

This is the death throes of the GOP, as has been everything they have done in the past 12 years, according to my objective analysis.

Someone else said it best. Dying isn't dead, and confusing the two has been kind of a problem for dems the past two cycles. Longterm the demographic issues for the GOP still hold, but most people who aren't idiots try to remind others thats a pretty longterm thing.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i wonder how democrats will deal with more latinos (the fastest growing population) voting republican as time goes on

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's extremely cool that so many Americans walked into the polling booth, saw two levers marked 'status quo' and 'INSANE BLOODBATH' and said you know what, gently caress everything

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

Lessail posted:

Explain it then for us idiots. Right here, right now.

We'll listen to these groups and their concerns. We'll tell them that their fears and pain are valid and we have strategies to help them. We won't cast mean-spirited aspersions about these groups because it feels good and we think we don't need them. We will do this or we will die.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Schizotek posted:

Someone else said it best. Dying isn't dead, and confusing the two has been kind of a problem for dems the past two cycles. Longterm the demographic issues for the GOP still hold, but most people who aren't idiots try to remind others thats a pretty longterm thing.

Also what the GOP will learn from this is to pass as many hateful things as possible. We are getting a wall and we're going to see deportation forces. We also might see open investigations into BLM by congress along with increased police brutality with the JD constantly clearing police for horrible violations while Trump will attack "The Blacks" culture and "The Hispanics" culture. The GOP is good at keeping a base and nothing else.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Relin posted:

i wonder how democrats will deal with more latinos (the fastest growing population) voting republican as time goes on

president julian castro

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Given that this surprised even the Republicans - perhaps Trump himself if he isn't completely in the reality bubble - I don't think it is worthwhile to throw much recrimination on re-litigating the Bernie/Hillary fight. I mean, I know it's going to happen because God forbid we let anything go, but I think that is an important fact to keep in mind. The Republicans were surprised too.

Whatever happens in the next couple of years belongs to Domald Tromp and the Republican Party. Good luck with that.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

Relin posted:

A growing group who votes 2-1 democrats is still an overwhelming boon to democrats even if they homogenize a bit as they grow. People kinda suck at statistics itt.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Relin posted:

call them bros

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Schizotek posted:

A growing group who votes 2-1 democrats is still an overwhelming boon to democrats even if they homogenize a bit as they grow. People kinda suck at statistics itt.
the statistic (though only a 2% increase) of a greater percentage of latinos voting for trump, even with his rhetoric, than romney seems important

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i made this before the election but its even more relevant now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L9kJtAM4D0

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Schizotek posted:

As we do better economically, the stats fall apart. We have a significant FYGM contingent.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Nonsense posted:

As we do better economically, the stats fall apart. We have a significant FYGM contingent.

Well, the impending economic collapse has a silver lining, then.:allears:

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

We'll listen to these groups and their concerns. We'll tell them that their fears and pain are valid and we have strategies to help them. We won't cast mean-spirited aspersions about these groups because it feels good and we think we don't need them. We will do this or we will die.

Which valid concerns are these? If you're talking poo poo like BLM or muslims, then there's a huge problem with legitimizing those beliefs. Ignore the validity of them for a second.
If democrats conceded that yeah, maybe BLM are white hating terrorists or whatever, why would that make them more likely to vote for Democrats who only want to do some namby pamby moderate solution? Historically conceding to these sorts of xenophobic wedge issues only gives more power to the more extreme faction, and does nothing to help the moderate one. I think people are getting confused and thinking places like tumblr and this forum are somehow representative of actual loving society, where people go to pretty extreme lengths to avoid calling people racist bigots.

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

Oh no. That's all I can keep saying

Nibbler
Feb 13, 2007

America's Game, the way it's meant to be played.
The comments section of the Internet just won an election. Shameful poo poo

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

I don't want to tell them that they're valid to think my friends and family are inhuman. Now what?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKeYbEOSqYc Cassandra

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
I wonder if Time's Man of the Year will be the Angry White Male.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So I went out and got food poisoning earlier today on top of this poo poo. Hearing states called for Donny while slumped over the toilet is the loving worst.

Sorry my state is every bit the shithole everyone thinks it is. Is there a place to contact to start working on trying to save what's left of the world in 2018?

May we all make it through rural America's monkey paw wish.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Majorian posted:

Well, the impending economic collapse has a silver lining, then.:allears:

:agreed:

I guess we can all take solace in the face that we're due for an economic downturn which will get blamed on republicans.

Or not because we now live in a post-factual world.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

A Winner is Jew posted:

I guess we can all take solace in the face that we're due for an economic downturn which will get blamed on republicans.

It'll be Obama's fault, just like the early 2000s downturn was Clinton's fault and how the 2008 recession was Obama's fault too.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I don't think I will ever understand America.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

joeburz posted:

Rip planet earth, thx rural white voters

looking forward to planet earth 2 coming soon

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

A Winner is Jew posted:

If it happens say two months before 2018, or after it will be blamed on the GOP. Its not so much about facts its perception, if they're in the drivers seat they will get blamed.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Samovar posted:

I don't think I will ever understand America.

It's easy to understand: FYGM.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Crowsbeak posted:

If it happens say two months before 2018, or after it will be blamed on the GOP. Its not so much about facts its perception, if they're in the drivers seat they will get blamed.
I dunno, as the party of personal responsibility they're super good at finding reasons why they aren't to blame for anything negative

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/11/08/omarosa-donald-trump-enemies-placed-list-lindsey-graham/93523010/

quote:

Omarosa Manigault, a former contestant on The Apprentice, and Donald Trump advocate, says those who vote against Trump will be placed on a special “list.”

“It’s so great our enemies are making themselves clear so that when we get into the White House, we know where we stand,” Omarosa told the Independent Journal Review at Trump’s election night party in New York City.

Omarosa specifically mentioned Sen. Lindsey Graham, who announced on Twitter that he voted for another candidate.

“If [Graham] felt his interests was with that candidate, God bless him. I would never judge anybody for exercising their right to and the freedom to choose who they want, but let me just tell you, Mr. Trump has a long memory and we’re keeping a list,” Omarosa told the Journal Review.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

Actually it's gently caress You Get Out now.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

It's literally what the country was founded on!

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Schizotek posted:

I voted Bernie you insufferable piece of poo poo. And then I voted for the candidate that wasn't going to rape my future and hand me back over to the slavering evangelicals on a silver platter because I'm not a loving idiot.

There are many countries in this world.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Crowsbeak posted:

Oh, I see you haven't heard of the "8-year-delay" theory of economics, which basically states that economic cycles are determined by political choices made 8 years ago. If that choice of time seems odd given the maximum duration of a presidential term, consider that I first heard the term used to justify President Clinton's economic successes as actually due to Reagan, and similarly, blaming the early 2000s economic downturn on Clinton.

The theory will absolutely make a comeback if a downturn happens under Trump.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

gently caress it. At this point I might as well root for Donny and his crew to settle their vendetta with the establishment. Burn it all down, Donny. Let's give the people what they voted for.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

Nibbler posted:

The comments section of the Internet just won an election.

This is a great comment and I'm going to steal it with no attribution. Welcome to the new America.

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010
Do people really think the silver lining to the Trump presidency is detente with Russia? I'm pretty sure that Donald loving Trump, as the new most powerful person in the world, is not going to miss the chance to swing his metaphorical dick around if the opportunity to confront Russia arises. Every aspect of his image is based around being an unrestrained strongman and the only thing to encourage him de-escalating tensions with Russia is "he said he would", ie. the sacrosanct word of Donald Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Gyges posted:

gently caress it. At this point I might as well root for Donny and his crew to settle their vendetta with the establishment. Burn it all down, Donny. Let's give the people what they voted for.
His presidency will be the most exciting 18 months in American history.

• Locked thread