Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
Berniebros tank election, smugly gloat about how its everybody but their fault. Glad ya'll could crucify my future as part of your tantrum.
Turns out white people are garbage no matter their political affiliation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

VideoTapir posted:

Whether it was berniebros voting for trump or not, if you'd voted for Bernie in the primary this wouldn't have happened.

I voted Bernie you insufferable piece of poo poo. And then I voted for the candidate that wasn't going to rape my future and hand me back over to the slavering evangelicals on a silver platter because I'm not a loving idiot.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

maybe latinos were white all along

All three of the "Latinos" in my private school graduating class had naturally blue eyes. Latino is a bizarre NA concept that assumes that all of the people who speak Spanish must naturally be a uniform group. Most of those countries have a hella conservative white overclass that hates the blacks and indians as much as every other white person. Maybe more.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

Ratoslov posted:

As noted above, 52% of Trump voters were women or POC, so I would not be so sure about that. Apparently, name-calling and bullying works.

Nah. Combining all minorities and women to try to make it look like they came out in force for Trump is dumb and weird. You'd get the same "more than 50" result for the Bushes, Romney, and McCain This was just the dying spiteful gasp of the Republican main voting block. Trump got white women at the same rate as Obama got all women, 52%. He got slightly more of the black and latino vote, but even latinos were still democrat 2-1. This was a vote decided largely by the mobilization of conservative White Males.

Schizotek fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Nov 9, 2016

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

Squashing Machine posted:

This obviously isn't the dying gasp, seeing as they won. Also, it's an easy out to lay the blame at the feet of initial-capped Group I Don't Like but if we want to win future elections we probably should think a little harder.

I don't "dislike white men" or whatever lolsjw's nonsense you're trying to do. They were just overwhelmingly the deciding factor. We should work harder to get white men to vote democrat. But trying to say this is because of Trumps support with women despite women voting for him less than previous republican candidates is just stupid and wrong.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

This is the death throes of the GOP, as has been everything they have done in the past 12 years, according to my objective analysis.

Someone else said it best. Dying isn't dead, and confusing the two has been kind of a problem for dems the past two cycles. Longterm the demographic issues for the GOP still hold, but most people who aren't idiots try to remind others thats a pretty longterm thing.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

Relin posted:

i wonder how democrats will deal with more latinos (the fastest growing population) voting republican as time goes on

A growing group who votes 2-1 democrats is still an overwhelming boon to democrats even if they homogenize a bit as they grow. People kinda suck at statistics itt.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

Squashing Machine posted:

We'll listen to these groups and their concerns. We'll tell them that their fears and pain are valid and we have strategies to help them. We won't cast mean-spirited aspersions about these groups because it feels good and we think we don't need them. We will do this or we will die.

Which valid concerns are these? If you're talking poo poo like BLM or muslims, then there's a huge problem with legitimizing those beliefs. Ignore the validity of them for a second.
If democrats conceded that yeah, maybe BLM are white hating terrorists or whatever, why would that make them more likely to vote for Democrats who only want to do some namby pamby moderate solution? Historically conceding to these sorts of xenophobic wedge issues only gives more power to the more extreme faction, and does nothing to help the moderate one. I think people are getting confused and thinking places like tumblr and this forum are somehow representative of actual loving society, where people go to pretty extreme lengths to avoid calling people racist bigots.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

People are antagonized by the message "You are bigoted, because I say so, and I'm smarter than you. Also I'm not going to listen to what you are going to say in response, so don't even bother."

There was no massive turn out for Trump you ponce. No one switched sides. There was no mass rejection of social justice warriors or whatever is going on in your delusional diseased brain. He got less votes than previous republicans by a decent margin. Democrats just sat on their asses because they didn't get their precious weed wizard and are stupid/lazy as gently caress.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

If you actually believe that is why the democrats did not turn out... maybe you should have given them their weed wizard? Instead of getting nothing at all?

Because the dumb fuckers didn't bother to vote in the primary election either. Hillary won the primaries popular vote by more than 3 million. But the stupid lazy potheads could do nothing but whine about how the election was stolen from them because they were too lazy to get off the couch to actually do anything, and then spent the entire general basically being republicans for all the good they did the election. Berniebros are garbage who hosed over every gay person and minority in the country with their selfishness and apathy.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

DeusExMachinima posted:

I'm not owned! I'm not owned!

No. I'm owned. I got owned by a bunch of idiot potheads who felt that the people like me who campaigned for Bernie didn't do a good enough job shoving my tongue up their rear end, and then did nothing in either the primary or the general. Dumb white dudes owned me again by ruining my future. I got trolled hard bro. You guys did it. You got me.

<----lol

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

Radish posted:

If the Democrats try and pin this on Bernie (which I have no idea if they are other than a few salty Hillary fans here) they will and deserve to lose in 2020. The problem is that we are going to pay for it like we are now.

The problem isn't Bernie. I have every respect for the man, and actually put time and effort into trying to get him to be the nominee. But the people who I couldn't get to vote in the primary, who did nothing complain about a stolen primary, do nothing but attack Hillary once the primary was over, and didn't vote in the general all seem to be the same loving people. Who incidentally are now desperately claiming that NO! ITS THE PEOPLE WHO PUT EFFORT INTO POLITICS NOT I THE LAZY APATHETIC rear end in a top hat WHO AM TO BLAME!

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

Sydin posted:

To all the "lol but he can't actually deport anybody so who cares?" people, here are some cool things that will probably happen under a Trump presidency & conservative Congress/SCOTUS:
1. Obamacare repeal
2. Roe v. Wade overturned
3. Obergefell v. Hodges overturned
4. Dodd-Frank repeal
5. CFPB dismantled
6. FCC Chair replaced with a industry talking head + rollback of net neutrality
7. Unrestricted backdoor encryption access for law enforcement + federal agencies
8. Clean Power Plan roll back + EPA being gutted
9. Possibly gutting the FDA and rolling back food health regulations (he put this on his website but then later deleted it :shrug:)

I have literally zero faith anyone who would overturn OvH wouldn't do the same for Lawrence. It's a states rights issue after all :colbert:

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

DrNutt posted:

One thing I've done instead of cutting family off has been to point out how terrified I am of losing healthcare, and point out that by supporting conservatives and conservative policies, that are actively harming me. I can't say it's actually doing any good, but it's certainly one way I'm trying to get my racist family to see things from another perspective.

One thing I did instead of cut my family off was I accidentally outed myself to my grandfather and got told I wasn't part of the family anymore. Thanks to all the useless pieces of poo poo who gave him his most favorite christmas gift. Maybe republicans can cut AIDS treatments so they can try to kill me off like my uncle and scorch me out of the family histories.
Jokes on them, I'm clean.

Schizotek fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Nov 9, 2016

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

would trump have had as much success riling up disaffected voters?

This isn't a real thing that happened. The statistical reality is that Trump got the barest dregs of republican duty voters, and a bunch of loons who overlap with that category anyway. He didn't rile poo poo, so stop trying to play like he did. Trump won because democrats didn't bother voting fullstop. The reasons for that are debatable, but the fact of it is not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

When the gently caress did /pol start leaking into here? People whining about ((globalists)) and telling minorities to stop talking about racism because we really need that deep south redneck vote. Damned porch monkies best toe the line and stop dominating the discussion!

• Locked thread