Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So I went out and got food poisoning earlier today on top of this poo poo. Hearing states called for Donny while slumped over the toilet is the loving worst.

Sorry my state is every bit the shithole everyone thinks it is. Is there a place to contact to start working on trying to save what's left of the world in 2018?

May we all make it through rural America's monkey paw wish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

gently caress it. At this point I might as well root for Donny and his crew to settle their vendetta with the establishment. Burn it all down, Donny. Let's give the people what they voted for.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

corn in the bible posted:

did you just forget hillary clinton was white

Don't see anything in their post that says Hillary isn't also garbage.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Pollyanna posted:

So, what now? Are we really gonna see the progress of the last 8 years undone? Is this really going to go as bad as we thought?

We get to see Congress do their job for the first time in 6 years. Oh, how exciting.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Guy Goodbody posted:

Why the gently caress are you people not taking Trump at his word on what he wants to do as President? We've been through this poo poo over and over again

Trump won't run
Trump's not gonna win a single state
This is just a stunt, he's gonna drop out
Trump can't be the Republican nominee
Trump's gonna blow up before election day
Trump can't win

and now

Trump's not going to actually do the things he said he would

Donald Trump is president. The same Donald Trump that ran for election.

Mike Pence and the Yes Man crew are going to be the ones really running the show. So they'll probably talk him out of defaulting to show his negotiating power, but they're all in on getting rid of abortion and repealing Obamacare.

Trabisnikof posted:

So Mexico will pay for the wall?

Not with the tanked value of the Peso after Trump won.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Radish posted:

Remember Trump is super unfavorable and won with a lower vote count than any Republican before him, he just lucked out and Clinton was even less popular. The Republicans going scorched earth like it looks like they are gearing up for is going to damage the country incredibly (the environment is mega hosed) but there's only so much they can push before there is some push back. They don't really have the mandate they are pretending they do.

I'm hoping some of it can be undone but yeah a lot of people, both here and abroad, are probably going to die which is beyond terrible. :smith:

They have 2 years to go hog wild before any hope of push back can happen.

Unless you're expecting John Roberts and the Supreme Court to be visited by the 3 Ghosts of Christmas this season.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So what am I missing from this list of things unified Republican Government is going to work on toot sweet?

• Gutting Social Security
  • Gutting Medicare
  • Block Grant Medicaid
  • gently caress the EPA
  • Refuse to do anything other than accelerate voter suppression efforts
  • Dismantle as much of HHS as possible
  • Refuse to fund anything having to do with Global Warming research
  • Stack the Federal bench with all the worst examples of 5th Circuit tomfoolery
  • Roll back as many Gay Rights as possible
  • Refuse to use the Justice Department to investigate police departments
  • Rip up the Paris Agreement
  • Defund Education as much as possible
  • Repeal and definitely not replace the ACA
  • Jack up student loan rates
  • Austerity out the rear end
  • Cut Food Stamps
  • Fight State legalization of Marijuana
  • So many tax cuts
  • Douse the Military Industrial Complex in cash like they're making it rain at a strip club
  • Selling off Federal land and assets to enrich themselves and their friends
  • Reneg on the Iran Deal
  • Draconian Immigration reform
  • Ok just all the pipelines, and pre-clear any not already proposed
  • Further reneg on agreements with Reservations

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Maybe I'm just imagining things, but Paul Ryan was on CNN just now giving a speech somewhere and he looks pale as gently caress. Like he done seen a ghost.

I imagine there are a fair number of operatives on the right freaking out over Hillary losing. Their goal was to get the most damaged version of Hillary elected, not to actually empower Trump.

Hollismason posted:

So who is going to Replace Paul Ryan? Cause he is out.

Louie Gohmert

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

fadam posted:

We lost the election because we treated white people like poo poo so what we're going to do is treat white people like poo poo until 2020.

Only white people are big enough bitches to think this was being treated like poo poo. Didn't get blown all day every day? The MONSTERS!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Bishounen Bonanza posted:

Let me help you out since you seen to be having some trouble. I'll admit that say 20% of Trumps supporters are actual racist white supremacist. The rest of them are people who got hosed by the government letting companies use free trade to suck wages and jobs out of this country. That includes a few million hispanics and blacks who voted for Trump. The fact that you can't seperate the two groups in your mind and insist on insulting as racist people who want structural economic reform is bizzare. People like you are the reason the Dems are going to lose again in 4 years.

And yes, its true that Donald is unlikely to provide any of that reform, but HIllary and the dems never even offered to try, and furthermore insist that anyone who asks for it must be a retarded racist.

Interesting, I was unaware that these forums functioned as a gateway between mirror universes.

Hillary and the Democrats repeatedly talked about bringing back good paying jobs, but were honest that they would be in different sectors. I mean, it's wasn't EMAILS, so maybe it's understandable you didn't hear about it while watching an empty Trump podium for half an hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

corn in the bible posted:

or you could have voted for bernie sanders

I tried that. Filled out the ballot and everything.

Funny thing though, a few months latter there was another election and he wasn't on the ballot.

• Locked thread