Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antares
Jan 13, 2006

congratulations hillary clinton. we thought donald trump was the worst candidate in US history but you shattered the glass ceiling. i can't believe tongue kissing GWB and tweeting about Hamilton didn't help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Ditocoaf posted:

As a Bernie-turned-Hillary supporter who thought that H would be better at moving things slightly left than B would despite B's further-left endgoal...

I hereby give up trying to think strategically about politics or trying to know anything about how it works. I'm just going to try really really hard. Expect me phone banking for house and senate 2018, and whatever else I can find to do. If some wacko starts a movement that seems on-target, I'll join it.

My state is still reliably progressive (on just about everything but our dumbass sales-tax-instead-of-income-tax thing), so I've got a reserve for optimism. Now I've just got to try to do something, long term, to combat the despair I feel nationally.

Maybe RGB will be able to hold out at least two years, where there'll be maybe an off-chance of a democratic legislature? Maybe? Maybe??? gently caress I'm already slipping into trying to think strategically. Just loving roll with it and do what I can. Just...

-liberals are not your friends
-liberals are avowed enemies of the left
-liberals have conspired to assassinate or otherwise neutralize any viable leftist in every country they could

liberals are not your allies, do not share your goals and should never be trusted

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Schizotek posted:

All three of the "Latinos" in my private school graduating class had naturally blue eyes. Latino is a bizarre NA concept that assumes that all of the people who speak Spanish must naturally be a uniform group. Most of those countries have a hella conservative white overclass that hates the blacks and indians as much as every other white person. Maybe more.

cf Temer's new government of entirely white dudes in a "majority-minority" country

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

Dems looking good for 2020 assuming the country lasts that long.

lol if you think they're going to find a proper message instead of trying to be the same but 80% as racist as the fascists.

• Locked thread