Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
hey genericuser,

how many drugs are you on right now?

it's a tv show buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
genericuser how much programming have you done, and what kind of tech background do you come from? I'm curious if this thread is born out of a desire to discover the methods used or an ignorance to think programs can hack the gibson. Do you have a target, and are you trying to use this software to solve a crime like Batman? If you had this software would you immediately use it without first figuring out how it worked or what it was actually doing in an attempt at vigilante hacker justice?

Because if not, and you're a techie who wants a discussion on how this software is coded, you should probably be well aware of how ridiculously implausible it is for this program to come together with positive results. Most criminals don't twitter while committing crimes, and if they do, the police can catch on real quick without sophisticated software. Coding a crawler for police blotters is reasonable, but then turning the results into search arguments for twitter and pairing down valuable results is nuts.

So I guess the question is, what are you trying to do here?

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
I don't think my comments were helpful but I think I still deserve a thanks for writing words in this thread :mad:

• Locked thread