Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
My predictions for possible nominees (in no order);

Bernie Sanders
Elizabeth Warren
Corey Booker
Tulsi Gabbard
Martin O'Malley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
"I can run for President!"

"MOOOOOOM"

Stabbatical
Sep 15, 2011

LegoPirateNinja posted:

"I can run for President!"

"MOOOOOOM"

But Jeb isn't a Democrat

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx
It's Hillary's turn. She's learned from her past mistakes. She can win this time.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
All in on Tammy Duckworth.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L53gjP-TtGE

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Stabbatical posted:

But Jeb isn't a Democrat

Yet

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
Michelle Obama

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

MO'M only succeeded in creeping everybody out, Sanders will be definitively Too Old to run for a first term, and Booker is basically Clinton But Younger. Gimme Warren, Gabbard, or Duckworth. I liked the idea of making a woman the President; I just didn't like that woman. I like all of these ones.

e: Michelle Obama is a very popular figure but has never held elected office. Based on a sample size of one (1) general election, she'd win in a landslide.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

KANYE 2020

(but really, Gabbard 2020)

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

triple sulk posted:

KANYE 2020

(but really, Gabbard 2020)

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

loquacius posted:

e: Michelle Obama is a very popular figure but has never held elected office. Based on a sample size of one (1) general election, she'd win in a landslide.
Counterpoint: no former First Lady has ever been elected president (same sample size of 1).

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Remember when Tulsi Gabbard gave up her DNC job to endorse Bernie Sanders and everybody was like "whoaaaa bold move" and we felt bad for her when Bernie withdrew

look who has the last laugh now

Everything's comin' up Tulsi

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

what are duckworth and gabbard actually like policy- and rhetoric-wise if we're thinking we want more populist credibility next time around

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

snakeandbake posted:

It's Hillary's turn. She's learned from her past mistakes. She can win this time.

This. The progressives better not gently caress this up for Her again!

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

possibly the only person who can stump the trump

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Peel posted:

what are duckworth and gabbard actually like policy- and rhetoric-wise if we're thinking we want more populist credibility next time around

Gabbard is roughly Bernie-like, as evidenced by the fact that she resigned as DNC vice chair to endorse him (and a Podesta email revealed that he was Very Disappointed In Her for doing this); her main weakness is probably that she really isn't big on Muslims, probably due at least in part to the fact that she is a practicing Hindu.

I know less about Duckworth's positions and so my endorsement of her is less strong and contingent on what her hypothetical campaign's positions would be; she seems to be more mainstream.

Oh, and both are veterans.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

#ImWithHer

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Peel posted:

for me duckworth is less about her exact ideas and more about her being new to congress and a vet. if she can be turned into a berniecrat (or better yet already is) she could be the next obama. gabbard is also acceptable.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Cubey posted:

for me duckworth is less about her exact ideas and more about her being new to congress and a vet. if she can be turned into a berniecrat (or better yet already is) she could be the next obama. gabbard is also acceptable.

Hell, put 'em on one ticket, I'll vote for it as hard as I can

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Ace of Baes posted:

My predictions for possible nominees (in no order);

Bernie Sanders
Elizabeth Warren
Corey Booker
Tulsi Gabbard
Martin O'Malley

trump is ggoing to be president for two terms dear god

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Sucks that Zephyr Teachout lost. Deborah Ross lost as well. Everything went to poo poo. The iron fist of fascism has stomped out all hope of a progressive movement.

I have doubts about Elizabeth Warren's ability to debate and speak off the cuff. I do feel like we should try to take another shot at a female president, even though that isn't helping us at all demographically. Who the heck else is there?

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

McCaskill is dying of cancer and isn't going to reach 2020.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Cubey posted:

true, i hadn't considered that people have four years to establish themselves in a new rhetorical environment

don't forget that kerry was a vet though

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Pinterest Mom posted:

#ImWithHer

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

No, no you're not. [takes you behind the wood shed with a heavy sigh] :smith:

Neoliberalism is dead.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

also after 2015 (and again after brexit) labour in britain has had to fight tooth and nail to keep people who want to go racist-populist from making that the new direction of the party, you guys had better make sure they can't do that in the us

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Peel posted:

true, i hadn't considered that people have four years to establish themselves in a new rhetorical environment

don't forget that kerry was a vet though

as was mccain. being a vet on its own won't be a huge deal but otoh she lost her fuckin legs in the military which is pretty fuckin metal. it's just one of those things that could help a bit. her being a relative unkown is i think still undoubtedly her best strength and i hope she can seize that and do something with it; i'll be greatly disappointed if she instead just goes full establishment.

this may be a good time to get people to start writing her and trying to get her on the populism train.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
I think if Tulsi runs (assuming that means Bernie doesn't) shell end up becoming the first woman president. She already has the Bernie base behind her and being a vet will def help defer some of the misogyny a typical female candidate might face, same with Tammy Duckworth.

If the DNC pushes Corey Booker and gets him were hosed.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!
I know you all are going to say not enough experience, but the person I respect the most after all this is Nina Turner and I think she should be President.

eta- Tulsi would be okay consolation

Zythrst has issued a correction as of 02:13 on Nov 10, 2016

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I would like Tulsi Gabbard to be less bad on Muslims.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Zythrst posted:

I know you all are going to say not enough experience, but the person I respect the most after all this is Nina Turner and I think she should be President.

eta- Tulsi would be okay consolation

nobody will say 'not enough experience' after obama

or, y'know, trump

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Zoran posted:

I would like Tulsi Gabbard to be less bad on Muslims.

To be honest being bad on muslims probably improves her chances of victory.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Cubey posted:

nobody will say 'not enough experience' after obama

or, y'know, trump

alternatively, everyone might say that depending on how hard trump fucks the country

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Junior Senator-elect Kamala Harris.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i think we need to find someone raised by wolves who has never had or sent a single email in their life

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

hmm if donald trump can be president, what about

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

Junior Senator-elect Kamala Harris.

-More progressive than status quo (opposes death penalty, etc.)
-Young compared to recent candidates (will be 56 in 2020)
-Up-and-coming
-Untainted by scandal
-6 years as major state AG, 4 years as Senator by that point
-decent amount of charisma
-looks Presidential
-somehow tricked her blue dog opponent into "dabbing" at their debate:

Vox Nihili has issued a correction as of 02:33 on Nov 10, 2016

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

^^ that pic owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU