Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

:pray:

:bernin: snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

if bernie is still healthy and sharp in 2020 and chooses a much younger vp with similar ideology to assuage any concerns about his age, i believe he could win. he would surely only be a one term but i think he is the best shot they have.

just don't hire jeff weaver this time please

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Do a Theodore Roosevelt plan. Sanders as pres with someone even more radical as vp.

izagoof
Feb 14, 2004

Grimey Drawer
poo poo, i'd vote for old bernie

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah I talked a lot of poo poo about Old Bernie but if we get to 2020 and his mind's still there and he can still hang in a national-level campaign and his VP is a non-Clintonite he's got my vote

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Old Bernie propped up on the shoulders of Not Old Tulsi Gabbard, riding a gnarly wave of progressive policy.

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

The only Chelsea Democrats should be talking about right now is Manning.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Agean90 posted:

Do a Theodore Roosevelt plan. Sanders as pres with someone even more radical as vp.

sometimes i catch myself daydreaming about how the 20th century might have gone with henry wallace as president after fdr. then i wake up and am sad.

e: read the wrong roosevelt. point still stands

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Freemason Rush Week posted:

The only Chelsea Democrats should be talking about right now is Manning.

Identity politics is about manufacturing outrage to get confused progressives on the sides of neoliberals. Toilet signage is not a civil rights issue and to claim it is undermines true progressive ideology

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Cubey posted:

just don't hire jeff weaver this time please

ya dont let violentJ anywhere near this tia

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

loquacius posted:

Bernie Sanders -- the man, the legend
Elizabeth Warren -- progressive champion senator from Massachusetts, probably won't run because she's the next Harry Reid
Cory Booker -- slick young neoliberal senator from New Jersey, mixed-race black/white, popular name among Clintonites
Tulsi Gabbard -- congresswoman from Hawaii, half Samoan, Sanderista, quit job as DNC vice chair to back Sanders. Veteran. Practicing Hindu; does not love Muslims
Martin O'Malley -- that creepy guy from the 2016 primaries who seemed like a serial killer during the debates and could have been best described as "also present", was governor of Maryland to mixed reviews
Tammy Duckworth -- brand-new senator from Illinois; just got a promotion from Congresswoman. Half Thai. Veteran; lost 1.5 legs when her black hawk was hit with an RPG. Less clearly Sanders-ist than Warren or Gabbard, but can spend the next four years building up her progressive cred and should do so if she wants to stay on this list.

Thanks!

Can you explain the part I bolded above?

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

loquacius posted:

Yeah I talked a lot of poo poo about Old Bernie but if we get to 2020 and his mind's still there and he can still hang in a national-level campaign and his VP is a non-Clintonite he's got my vote

It's also a plus that Trump is also old AF so it's not like there's a huge contrast. A 73-year old, probably even more obese Trump can't really make a credible health argument against ancient Bernie.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I would vote for Sanders/Gabbard.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Ruzihm posted:

Thanks!

Can you explain the part I bolded above?

She's Hindu

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Andorra posted:

She's Hindu

And has expressed support for India's ruling Hindu nationalist party, which is to Muslims roughly what Trump is to Mexicans.

e: Opposed to bombing the poo poo out of the Middle East, though

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
guess this thread is my new home for the next 4 (8?) years.

I'd be down for a Warren presidential run. Even my dad gets excited about her and he knows poo poo about politics.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

guess this thread is my new home for the next 4 (8?) years.

I'd be down for a Warren presidential run. Even my dad gets excited about her and he knows poo poo about politics.

cspam is my home

but nite crew forever in my heart

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

triple sulk posted:

come around have we

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

triple sulk posted:

I would and hell, some people did.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

triple sulk posted:

if only you did 8 months ago

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

sanders is too old, i dont want another alzheimers ridden weak as gently caress dude back in the white house again

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

in 4 years that is

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donna-brazile-democratic-national-committee_us_5824cb95e4b0ddd4fe7954e8

Donna Brazile doublin' down on learning nothing

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Right now Bernie, Warren, etc need to do everything possible to install Ellison, preferably before the end of the year (even when the elections for chair are apparently next March).

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Don't know about you guys but I'm actually feelin energized.

Gonna go help start the revolution.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Homework Explainer posted:

come around have we

Maybe let's not smugly attack our friends when they express support for people we like.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Vox Nihili posted:

Maybe let's not smugly attack our friends when they express support for people we like.

this is true. weak moment

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
I'd like to see Feingold run. Still can't believe he lost to loving Ron Johnson.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We must purge neoliberals from the Left and return them to the Right where they belong

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
So if outsider and populist are now in vogue, here's an unorthodox pick that could win back those working class whites that went for Trump and appeal to progressives. He'll be 71 in 2020.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QIGJTHdH50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ed3yF2_TKs

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i say we give this guy a try

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Running the president of a union is a good idea, but tbh I'm very unenthused about Trumka in particular and most large union leadership in general because they were among the first to go for Hillary against Bernie when absolutely everyone knew Bernie actually cared about working people and Hillary cared about workers in the abstract, but in the moment just wanted their money.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
Trumka could work for a strategy where Dems rely on GOP voters thinking their ballot is a misprint.

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

Has anyone said Rocky Anderson yet?

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Bernie Sanders started a petition to make Keith Ellison the new chair of the DNC

https://go.berniesanders.com/page/s...source=fb161110

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Acelerion posted:

Don't know about you guys but I'm actually feelin energized.

Gonna go help start the revolution.

loving same

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Kithkar posted:

I unironically think Al Franken might be a good choice, given that he's genuinely engaging and funny, has pretty good stances on most things and can be improved if he picks up more of Bernie's platform, knows the issues the rust belt faces and won't ignore them, and can basically just be the anti-Trump. He's spent his whole time in DC thus far doing the opposite of what most politicians do: keeping his head down and genuinely trying to work.

this works for me kthxbye

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Bro Dad posted:

too bad. marc cuban is gonna run in 2020

I'd vote for Trump over loving Cuban

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

izagoof posted:

poo poo, i'd vote for old bernie

Punished Bernie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

Larry Parrish posted:

Identity politics is about manufacturing outrage to get confused progressives on the sides of neoliberals. Toilet signage is not a civil rights issue and to claim it is undermines true progressive ideology

She's being tortured by the government for being a whistleblower. Even though you don't care about trans people you should at least care about the precedent her treatment sets.

• Locked thread