Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

if andrew cuomo runs for and gets the democratic nomination for president in 2020, it will take all of my power to not kill myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Cuomo is disliked by just about everyone, is basically a less capable Clinton-lite, and has no hope of reversing that.
you're saying all that like i'm not subject to that poo poo firsthand. there's nothing clinton-"lite" about him, either. he's more aggressively open about prioritizing working with republicans over his own party, about how he loves on-time budgets that don't raise taxes, and how his private sector growth plans (which are really just ways to shovel money to cronies) make businesses exempt from taxes for 10 years

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I was trying to be concise. I lived in Albany until quite recently and am more than aware of just how poo poo the dude is.
sorry, i just really loving hate cuomo and never pass up an opportunity to talk about what a pile of human trash he is

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

seeing that large margin of victory in the special election in Delaware, as well as the closer-than-expected GOP victory in one of the Connecticut special Senate elections, makes me feel that Democrats will use them as an excuse to throw out any mild candidate into races and expect them to win. it will work to some extent, but not enough as actual left candidates being trotted out on the regular. and then they'll try and translate that strategy into the presidential race and who the gently caress knows what will happen. trump is unpopular but so is the lovely democratic message

perez shouldn't be nearly as bad as debbie was, but he'll still suck

btw there's a guy in the Virginia governor race who recently declared his candidacy, Tom Perriello. he's the former congressman for VA-05 and has shifted left since. he gave a good interview with Slate. if he wins out, i could get behind him or someone like him

Main Paineframe posted:

people were still unironically using the terms "political capital" and "eleventh-dimensional chess" back then
i've never understood the term "eleventh-dimensional chess" because plain ol' two-dimensional chess is already a game where you have to think a few moves in advance. and i still hear and see people use it today, it isn't a product of seven years ago

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

GlyphGryph posted:

Please make a thread about the Periello race. I am gonna be doing one for Ossof soon
i'd rather let someone in Virginia do that

Vox Nihili posted:

She rallied a bunch of people at the Dakota Access Pipeline protests.

She actually owns in most regards.
she doesn't own in foreign policy, she's a bloodthirsty hawk who idolizes Modi, the Indian Trump

• Locked thread