Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.
Why the gently caress wasn't Duckworth the nominee this election cycle? I could see her easily shaming the gently caress out trump for mocking the disabled and dodging the draft. I think she could have won over many of the non-sexist independents. Plus there is already precedent for having a president (FDR) with physical disabilities.

Plus the name Duckworth sounds super rednecky and might have tricked a few of the naive backwoods voters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

You know that 90% of the photos FDR was in had him propped up by his friends, literally, or had his wheelchair hidden somehow, right.

Yes I am aware of that, but my point was that it should make her amputation a non-issue. I mean, of course it would still be brought up as an issue, but what even is reality anymore anyway.

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

I'm genuinely curious, what happened with Booker? Years back when he was still mayor and I first heard of him he seemed to have this reputation as a boots-on-the-ground people's mayor. I saw an impassioned video of him explaining how gay rights can't be a ballot measure because the rights of a minority should never be subject to the current political whim of the majority. At the time he looked to have so much potential. What happened?

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

If the DNC were to run an actor, who'd be the best liberal equivalent to Reagan? DiCaprio? Damon? I don't know, you tell me.

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

President Samuel L. Jackson. Haha. That'd be something.

• Locked thread