Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

hmm if donald trump can be president, what about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

devtesla posted:

I'm all in for Keith Ellison and what convinced me was this perfect tweet.

https://twitter.com/jonathanweisman/status/797120114042793984

that guy is high up at the NYT? :eyepop:

they're all just completely clueless aren't they? they're loving incompetents masquerading as technocrats

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Hillary 2020 posted:

We need the old Daily Show now more than ever.

oh no! another CTR shill!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

huge pile of hamburger posted:

America would be a better place if the Clintons just hosed off and never showed their faces again

hillary's in the woods of new york right now. maybe when she comes out she'll be able to use sith electricity

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

in the worst case we can run a left-wing entertainer. maybe will ferrell/lena dunham 2020?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Paul Zuvella posted:

Bernie Sanders is literally going to be 79 during the next election and there is literally no way that he will be 83 at the end of that first term.

There is literally no way that he is running, guys.

if bernie has to run in 2020 we are in huge trouble. hopefully by that point though he will have groomed a protege for the position

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Thump! posted:

Why did everyone forget about Tim Kaine?

He's gonna get curbstomped by Trump in 2020 :smith:

the only people who cared about tim kaine were delusional hillary boosters who were trying to turn him into diamond joe 2.0

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

blaming political correctness or identity politics is wrong. the issue is not that the democrats focused on them, its that they didnt focus on economics at all.

and the reason they are pretending that social justice and economic justice are incompatible is because it gives them a convenient excuse for not being economically left at all

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

social justice (the basics like "maybe black people can be programmers too", not stuff like "maybe we should not let police murder black people at will") is in with corporate america, but economic justice isn't, which is why hillary's campaign which catered to corporate america ignored economic justice like the plague

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

zegermans posted:

At least n the current cycle, they had a plan - a very good, progressive plan - but refused to even try to advertise it. All of Clinton's ads were pointing out how lovely Trump is. Everyone knows Trump is a lovely person. Few people knew how that would negatively affect them personally, and they didn't even try to explain that.

eh, i don't think hillary's economic plan was that good, but if she had actually advertised it she almost definitely would've won. her campaign was a comedy of errors that managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

punk rebel ecks posted:

Lol at people who actually believe the Democrats gave a poo poo about LBGT rights. They only switched the second it was inconvenient to them to not to hold that stance. Once national polls hit 51% for gay marriage, every Democrat just happened to become "enlightened" or at best "evolved".

i was genuinely surprised when this was a controversial opinion during the election

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Fulchrum posted:

I think you'll find that eugenics is bad and progressivism is good, therefore it is impossible for eugenics to ever come from progressivism since something bad can never come from good . 1.

1. - this is a fact.

The founder of planned parenthood was into eugenics. Does that make planned parenthood good or bad?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Fulchrum posted:

Alright, let's see if you can come up with one non-tortured interpretation of what he said that isn't exactly what I'm asking him to justify.

Yep, that sure does make it clear that arguing all good things have only ever come from one group, and everything bad ever is all the fault of every other group, is loving stupid. Maybe you should check to see who is arguing that.

no, what he said is that centrist democrats are incapable of doing anything good, not that leftists are incapable of evil. maybe you should attack him on the obvious hyperbole (for example, by providing examples of centrist dems doing good things, they exist!) instead of things he didn't actually say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

zegermans posted:

hrm interesting. Do you think they went after Ghaddafi because he was trying to form a non-Rothschild controlled gold-backed currency to trade oil?

do you actually think the US stepped in to this level because they give a poo poo about the population of syria? we're talking about a country that constantly ignores israel genociding a captive population for god's sake

• Locked thread