Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Cubey posted:

nobody will say 'not enough experience' after obama

or, y'know, trump

alternatively, everyone might say that depending on how hard trump fucks the country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i think we need to find someone raised by wolves who has never had or sent a single email in their life

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

izagoof posted:

poo poo, i'd vote for old bernie

Punished Bernie

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GlyphGryph posted:

I see at least one.

i have one as well

in that i thought she was a character from duck tales that cspam made a running joke out of instead of an actual human being

not the best start

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

zegermans posted:

I feel like this election might be her Michelle Obama moment where she's finally 100% with this poo poo.

i believe that was a long time ago when the government openly laughed at her for daring to be female and wanting to run anything at all

all idealism was crushed mercilessly in a single day and now we have hillary bot 5000

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Concerned Citizen posted:

from an election perspective - and one thing that brought me unending agony from hfa - i think the biggest messaging issue is that democrats do not tend to talk about the big issues. republicans are easy to figure out - every single position links back to the fundamental ideology of small government and freedom. everything drills back to "government is the reason you haven't succeeded. republicans will bring our economy back." should we tax more? no, less government. should we regulate wall street? no, less government. democrats, by contrast, tend to talk about individual issues as if they existed in a vacuum - raise the minimum wage, protect the environment. in effect, republicans routinely make big arguments and democrats talk about small arguments. and while the public often agrees with democrats on those small arguments, the gop wins the war.

bernie sanders, to his credit, talked big ideas. his message that the system was rigged by special interests from top to bottom, and that government could solve that issue and make a more equitable society, was a compelling one. i think progressives fall into the trap again if they think, well democrats just need to embrace singlepayer and $15/h minimum wage to succeed. i don't think there's any sort of litmus test necessary and i don't think that's why bernie sanders was successful - we just need to actually put together and promote a fundamental vision for the country in the same way bernie did, if not the exact same message he put forward. hillary totally failed to do that, i think.

the problem is that everything often doesn't have the same answer, but Republicans love to frame it as "if you just do the things we want everything will be better" even though that has never ever happened every singe time they've taken power.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

a favorite tactic is to point at some nonsense regulation, like pillows or whatever, then use that to justify removing regulations preventing businesses from loving people over

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Well What Now posted:

gonna be a pedant and point out that this has only really been true since the 1980s

your pedant point is noted and accepted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

• Locked thread