Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Zore posted:

Also an utter train wreck of a person who could barely run a campaign in California. She went through 4 campaign managers and 5 finance directors in a little over a year.

Like, if you thought the Clinton campaign had issues a Harris campaign should terrify you.

but she's a minority woman. this is all that matters. what are you, racist and misogynist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I've been asking around and the word is that Duckworth is a really unintelligent person so good luck with putting your hopes on her because she checks some diversity boxes

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Powercrazy posted:

Also the last thing the DNC needs to do is try to use coattails to shove someone in.

what about Chelsea ??? people like her right

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Zoran posted:

Why do so many people want the Democrats to lose even harder

A martha/snoop ticket would get 600 electoral votes

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Fulchrum posted:

loving unbelievable. Republicans win with a white supremacist and you're anxious to throw minorities under the bus to catch up to them.

I continue to say Duckworth - I even wanted her for VP. I think claims of her being dumb are seriously overblown.

based on what. what has duckworth actually done that's impressive in any way

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

trump is willing to put any hot babes who hate muslims in his cabinet

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

GlyphGryph posted:

I actually like fulchrums plan of passing legislation to make insurance unsustainable and use that as an excuse to backdoor single payer.

I am not sure how single payer is supposed to be an alternative to single payer, or why he thinks single payer can succeed where single payer failed, especially since its literally the most common suggestion for single player implementation (expanded medicare) but whatever. i will take it

isn't this what the Cadillac tax is going to do when it kicks in 13 months (assuming Republicans don't pass anything)? I'd totally forgotten about it until recently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
∆∆∆ yep

mugrim posted:

The irony of course is that the Clinton emails showed that they were going to kill those taxes to 'save the PPACA" rather than force the dems to do anything of actual substance.

I'm amused by it because I was just arguing with coworkers the ppaca needed to make things worse for people with good health insurance so there wasn't a have/have not situation and then a day later was like oh right Obama actually did that it just took a decade to actually trigger.

people on the exchange are pretty hosed already. I have coworkers who are going to just pay the fine because paying 350/mo premiums then a 5k+ deductible for an individual isn't worth it. there's also a rumor that the govt doesn't verify if you just say you lost employer coverage and sign up when sick

my exchange plan options next year for 2 adults+ baby has a 14k deductible across nearly every plan and about a 800-1000/mo premium. if my wife went to work (and didn't get health insurance from her employer) instead of taking care of the kid and we lost the subsidies, lol bankruptcy. I'm not even sure what the point is when the deductible and oop are so high anyway

mastershakeman has issued a correction as of 15:07 on Nov 30, 2016

• Locked thread