Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
andrew cuomo is massive douchebag and if he ran i could see de blasio suddenly being in favor of voter suppression so he could lose new york state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
If it's Pence vs some dem in 2020 it's going to be full-on culture war.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Bernie old
Tulsi kinda crazy
Cory trying too hard to be obama

So what you're trying to say is... go Duckworth??

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

exquisite tea posted:

Donald Trump should be a liberating call to all Democrats that your personal poo poo sincerely doesn't matter, platform and messaging are everything.

I still think that Donald Trump is an exception and has a reality bending field around him tuned to perfection over decades

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
chuck "stealing ad money for myself" schumer

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
The one people thought was a frontrunner for VP was only a frontrunner because he actively marketed himself to be VP

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Ace of Baes posted:

*getting out of bed after a long night of dreaming about politics*

Listen Tulsi Gabbard seems great and all but

*yawning and heiling the new american flag that replaced all the stars with a giant swastika*

I'm just not sure about her views on Islam, I mean she thinks we shouldn't have gotten involved in

*puts on my federal mandatory white smock and religion badge*

Syria, not too mention she used to be against gay marriage, so there goes the former* LGBT vote

*Shortly after the "Pence Act" was signed in 2019, all LGBT persons were saved from a life of sin via electro-shock conversion therapy

:chloe:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Bernie or a bernie-like candidate will win

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Cuomo is a piece of poo poo

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
he's possibly tied to bridgegate and he hosed over his own party in his own state

he's not going anywhere

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i'm 28% sure that george soros will be investigated for *something* in the next four years and might not be allowed into the US if he ever left

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

NumberLast posted:

This is only primary salt if you're jonesing for primary salt :v:

yeah i was really on the fence about this one. it's just a sixer anyway

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
trying to neutralize possible dem candidates for 2020

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

FuturePastNow posted:

I played a lot of Command & Conquer in the 90s, can I apply to be SecDef

invest heavily into a weather control device

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
save us.... duckworth??

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
our first pirate president

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
if diamond joe ran, he'd probably get the nom

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
he's not the progressive hero that people itt want, and the reason he's so well liked is because for the last 8 years we haven't really heard his policy positions, only that he's chill and cool

his numbers will take a hit and he has his own scandals and poo poo that will come back to the light. but he's well known and some dems might go for that because of his appeal to the rust belt

i think the best opportunity is running him and tacking on a bernie-style agenda along with him

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Zikan posted:

joe biden is one year younger then sanders, he'll be 78 in 2020

good point, rip

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
You / All your wildest fantasies 2020

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Zyla posted:

hows lincoln chaffee doin these days i liked his anti-metric system plank

you motherfucker

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
the metric system: not even once

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

mugrim posted:

If you were on amazon and left Hillary in the cart too long, you'd get one of those front page "If you liked Hillary you'd Love Cuomo" ads.

yeah no cuomo is super-trash and even the people in power know he's super trash

it's basically not even a dem, he's a one man party having engineered the gently caress out of the ny legislature to gently caress over dems because he can

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
people desperately need a boogey(wo)man

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

The Nastier Nate posted:

it's time like this SA needs a "like" button

it's called emptyquoting

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Typo posted:

you guys are crazy if you think hillary will run again in 2020

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
throw all of these candidates, real or imagined, into the hellfire of the 2020 democratic primary

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
that buffalo wild wings manager that was hand-picked for trump university will run for president in 2024

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Nonsense posted:

Is that the same manager that didn't let a veteran have his free meal because a MAGAT told the manager he was playing dress-up

wrong chain restaurant

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
trump ran off with an incredibly small margin of victory when you look at those crucial states at the very end that he took from the "firewall". he can't lose any voters for 2020, or the dems can't gain any voters for 2020

if the reason she lost is because she lost touch with your standard rust belt blue collar worker, then a focused campaign effort towards them should shore them up. they know that trump's an awful human being, but they vote for him in spite of it. they can be flipped, and just flipping those small numbers of voters will allow the dems to grab EC victory

basically this assumes that trump will do nothing for the rust belt and that the dem candidate in 2020 decides to ignore it all over again

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
it depends how the presidency will go. donald trump is polarizing enough that dems aren't going to go "oh he's presidential now" and flock to him in meaningful numbers, and the never trumpers won't flock to him if they feel that he is still the embodiment of everything they believe the republican party isn't

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i forgot that the hrc campaign went all in on PA and also lost there. not effective? too late? it worked but the hole was too deep to begin with? idk

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
just lol if you don't attend your town's annual fish fry / chicken bake / beef sous vide event

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
lieberman was a dick

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
salmon stir fry event

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
this was quite the thread bump

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Booker gay so what

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Obama's speech at the 2020 DNC will be a Skype call of him clearly on the beach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
He is also replaces his slow delicate pauses with audible slipping from a coconut cup

• Locked thread