Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MustelaFuro posted:

Why the gently caress wasn't Duckworth the nominee this election cycle? I could see her easily shaming the gently caress out trump for mocking the disabled and dodging the draft. I think she could have won over many of the non-sexist independents. Plus there is already precedent for having a president (FDR) with physical disabilities.

Plus the name Duckworth sounds super rednecky and might have tricked a few of the naive backwoods voters?

You know that 90% of the photos FDR was in had him propped up by his friends, literally, or had his wheelchair hidden somehow, right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Freemason Rush Week posted:

The only Chelsea Democrats should be talking about right now is Manning.

Identity politics is about manufacturing outrage to get confused progressives on the sides of neoliberals. Toilet signage is not a civil rights issue and to claim it is undermines true progressive ideology

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We must purge neoliberals from the Left and return them to the Right where they belong

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
She's being imprisoned by the government for committing treason. Leaking poo poo to wiki leaks isn't whistleblowing. There's actually a process for whisteblowing in the military. If Manning went to her congressman or the Inspector General or the Office of Special Counsel with her issues she wouldn't be in prison. It's that simple.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pity Party Animal posted:

Hmmm no. She was convicted of Violating the Espionage Act, stealing government property, violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, and multiple counts of disobeying orders. She was specifically found not guilty of more serious offences like aiding the enemy. Whistle-blowing doesn't exist in the military outside of proper military channels. Its the way the law is written unfortunately.

She was not literally convicted of treason but uhh are you retarded dude. 'Whistle-blowing doesn't exist outside the proper military channels' that's for a reason you loving idiot. Is the Pentagon insanely backwards and retarded? Yes, but that's the fault of the Democrats and Republicans allowing generals to become mouthpieces for defense contractors and politicizing the strategy of the DoD. It serves both parties interests to give big fat welfare bucks to DoD contractors so, like literally every other problem in the nation it's a symptom of the sheltered capitalist elite being deaf to what the nation needs and wants.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*stares at the record low number of votes in 2016* what we need is a candidate who's only inspiring feature is their skin color or chromosome arrangement

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm not sure whether it makes me feel better or worse that even 20 years ago people were tapping into this feeling of helplessness in the face of political stagnation to get elected and then promptly fix basically nothing

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh, sorry dude, let me rephrase. Disgustingly low turnout for both sides, most likely since the last positive legislation I can think of off the top of my head was the post 9/11 GI Bill

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lastgirl posted:

DiCaprio is a huge environmentalist.

He could p much win california easy with his water conservation platform~

I assure you our three largest cities are anything but conservationist when it comes to water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think it's good that a politician wants to stick to their views and not weather vane all over the place. Not that I don't think Grabbards views are retarded. I just think integrity is a value and can respect that Grabbard deserves an opinion

• Locked thread