Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

All in on Tammy Duckworth.

Please please please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

SirPhoebos posted:

Jon Stewart

oh holy poo poo no

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Peep the date there, duder. That was what he thought five years ago.

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Hillary 2020 posted:

We need the old Daily Show now more than ever.

Would someone photoshop this gimmick's avatar so the eyes are crossed? TIA

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Alter Ego posted:

I would laugh, but I remember what Saxby Chambliss did to Max Cleland in the GA Senate race--a man who lost both his legs and an arm diving on a grenade to save his squadmates. I would not put it past Trump to turn Tammy Duckworth into a military-hating coward.

All she needs to do in response is wave her prosthetics at the cameras and say "How do you think I got these, you orange motherfucker?"

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Alter Ego posted:

My fear is that Andrew Cuomo will jump in and just like with Hillary, the field will be cleared for him.

does anyone actually like him?

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen
the whole Tea Party movement may have started off as astroturfy as a lovely football field but it turns out people don't care, long as the astroturf is broadly aligned with what they want

the Dems should totally learn that lesson

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen
Be the salt you want to see in the forums.

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

logikv9 posted:

yeah i was really on the fence about this one. it's just a sixer anyway

he probably deserves it for a bunch of minor posts that aren't probatable on their own but add up over time, don't worry about it

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Fidel Cuckstro posted:

She's a Dem from Illinois. That's something I know about her. Illinois Dems are poo poo. Ergo,

oic

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen
Vote for Rocky Balboa, True American Hero.

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen
a big city mayor would still have way more loving experience than our President-Elect has so I don't see much to your objection

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Berlusconi ran for Prime Minister in a similar (arguably worse) situation and he ended up winning three elections. Trump could easily win two if he is well liked by his base.

to win another election Trump will have to make it through the next four years without going completely mad

given his behavior so far, I'm not sure he can even manage that

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Yinlock posted:

the problem is that everything often doesn't have the same answer, but Republicans love to frame it as "if you just do the things we want everything will be better" even though that has never ever happened every singe time they've taken power.

gonna be a pedant and point out that this has only really been true since the 1980s

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Ego-bot posted:

Good news everybody! Democrats will learn nothing from 2016.

https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/803640907245514752

2016 Dem autopsy synopsis: gently caress 'em. We didn't want their votes anyway.

Given that Pelosi is one of those Dems that depends on fundraisers on the coast for her political life, this is probably more a reaction to that swipe at her voters than anything else.

Or, y'know, we're hosed.

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

The Nastier Nate posted:

Nancy Pelosi has the safest seat of safe seats...has she ever had a credible primary challenge? She certainly has never had one from a republican. She gives money she raises to democrats in tougher elections, god knows she doesn't need it.

I think she's just tone deaf. The best thing you can do is email your democratic congressman, if you have one, and bitch them out to vote for Tim Ryan tomorow. Of course it's a secret vote so you're still hosed.

My point is that Pelosi is probably tone deaf but still what Ryan said was an obvious swipe at the rich urban Dem voters that make her safe seat so drat safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Fulchrum posted:

The gently caress is a fish fry?

It's a midwestern community thing where they fry up a lot of fish and chips and everyone eats together. The fact you, a Hillaryman, don't even have a passing acquaintance with a major cultural thing in the Midwest/Rust Belt really says a lot.

• Locked thread